• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

brewski

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150L Platinum
Occupation
Yes
No updates yet.
Sponsored

ninjaybot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning Lariat
Just got the new interface. So much better. Updated the poll.

Reactions: GDN

Beaux

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 F150 Platinum, 2021 F150 Limited
Mine updated today. No notifications anywhere. Just got in and there it is.

Beaux

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 F150 Platinum, 2021 F150 Limited
I'm also missing the ability to change the car play size on the screen.

Sponsored

bewbie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER Rapid Red
I clicked update and it’s been sitting like this for 10 minutes. Does this update require the truck to be charging?

Ford F-150 Lightning Ford Power-Up 4.1.2 UI Update 02E1CC26-0F5F-405F-ACC4-71476BF52554

Dgut

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat SR
Occupation
Finance
Just got this after much anticipation. Updated in my garage on wifi for me after a long drive.
I gotta say, while I appreciate the persistent camera button, improved climate control UX, and simplified menus, the overall look seems like a step back to me. The icons look dated. In the previous version it was more typography which looked more slick IMO. Also, maybe I’m missing it, but it seems we lost the ability to resize CarPlay. I also don’t understand the need for a persistent home button when you still have the profile button.

Sponsored

FinsNBolts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat
Mine updated this morning. Really like the new interface. Feels crisper. Updated my vote at the top.

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
Just got this after much anticipation. Updated in my garage on wifi for me after a long drive.
I gotta say, while I appreciate the persistent camera button, improved climate control UX, and simplified menus, the overall look seems like a step back to me. The icons look dated. In the previous version it was more typography which looked more slick IMO. Also, maybe I’m missing it, but it seems we lost the ability to resize CarPlay. I also don’t understand the need for a persistent home button when you still have the profile button.
I guess I was just used to the old icons so anything new was refreshing. The font is sharper and more crisp, so overall I give it a thumbs up, but definitely agree with you on those buttons at the top. They are intriguing and confusing now - other than the camera button - which is a very nice to have.

Bandit216

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE, Lightning Lariat
I guess I was just used to the old icons so anything new was refreshing. The font is sharper and more crisp, so overall I give it a thumbs up, but definitely agree with you on those buttons at the top. They are intriguing and confusing now - other than the camera button - which is a very nice to have.
It took me awhile before I realized the second icon at the top left wasn't a round dice but the representation of a dual sliding option switch. The Home icon makes sense and its' associated screen does contain most of the links I usually use.

FinsNBolts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat
It took me awhile before I realized the second icon at the top left wasn't a round dice but the representation of a dual sliding option switch. The Home icon makes sense and its' associated screen does contain most of the links I usually use.
I’ve always thought a “gear” icon makes for a good universal symbol for settings. The slider icon isn’t bad, though.

using the new OS throughout the day, it is a much better experience. They scaled the fonts down, put things in more convenient places, and the camera button is awesome. Before the update, I was constantly utilizing the “reverse camera delay” as a workaround to get to my camera for checking my forward parking.
Sponsored