• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
I made a brief video of the the new interface. Excuse the smudges!

My impressions:
  • The annoying sliders for the heated seats and temperature are gone and replaced with soft buttons.
  • Pressing the fan, seat or temperature buttons allows them to be controlled by the volume dial.
  • There is a persistent camera button on the top bar (no more digging through menus!).
  • The settings and vehicle menus are no collapsed into one menu that is easier to navigate. The settings were previously distributed between the menus in a non-logical manner.
  • I couldn't find the Youtube app in any of the menus.
  • Overall, the interface was much snappier and easier to navigate and addresses my biggest complaints about the first interface. Hopefully they'll work on the instrument panel next--they really need to show battery percentages on all screens (not just calm and hands-free modes) and show kW delivered/kW requested when plugged in.
A few others have noticed it being a bit snapier as well. I was pleasantly surprised for the first 3 minutes I had my hands on it and decided to truly hold judgement on that, but glad I'm not the only one that thinks so. I most surprised at how they could make it quicker, but am glad they have. This is a big step for Ford.
Sponsored

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT

My impressions:
  • The annoying sliders for the heated seats and temperature are gone and replaced with soft buttons.
  • Pressing the fan, seat or temperature buttons allows them to be controlled by the volume dial.
  • There is a persistent camera button on the top bar (no more digging through menus!).
  • The settings and vehicle menus are no collapsed into one menu that is easier to navigate. The settings were previously distributed between the menus in a non-logical manner.
  • Overall, the interface was much snappier and easier to navigate and addresses my biggest complaints about the first interface. Hopefully they'll work on the instrument panel next--they really need to show battery percentages on all screens (not just calm and hands-free modes) and show kW delivered/kW requested when plugged in.
I was on pause and trying to zoom in to see why/what your third option was on that drive mode screen. I see now you have a Platinum and it is the propulsion sound.

I still only have one option there after making some Forscan changes for GlareFree lighting. My 1-Pedal option disappeared. I'm in 1-Pedal mode, which I prefer, but the option to turn it off is gone. If I select Off Road, it will turn it off by default, but then back on when I switch back to another mode. However if I want to switch it off myself right now I can't. It's been this way for a few months now.

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber
I was on pause and trying to zoom in to see why/what your third option was on that drive mode screen. I see now you have a Platinum and it is the propulsion sound.
I have a Lariat ER and tried to enable the propulsion sound through FORScan. The toggle shows up on the screen but is non-operational.

awilli1010

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 lightning, 22 maverick, old ass Harley.
Occupation
Retired Army, retired Government employee.

My impressions:
No YouTube app for me either.

Alan168

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Platinum, Rapid Red Metallic
Occupation
Retired
Do we need to have the 3.5.5 update installed before this 4.1.2 update? My 3.5.5 update has been attempted more than 20 times and still has not been successful, even though I've tried almost every suggestion on this forum.

Sponsored

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Do we need to have the 3.5.5 update installed before this 4.1.2 update? My 3.5.5 update has been attempted more than 20 times and still has not been successful, even though I've tried almost every suggestion on this forum.
It's truly unknown. There were a few updates a few months back that never installed for some of us, then it seems Ford repackaged them and sent them out again.

Truly Ford hasn't been consistent enough and I don't think there are enough trucks for us to truly know what their rules are. This seems like a pretty good overhaul of the software, so they could have incorporated some of the past releases in with it. It is just unknown for most of us.

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
Got into the car to go to lunch today and noticed the screen was different; sure enough it appears to have the new UI. Looks just like what everyone is posting. But still no announcement from the Fordpass app and in vehicle there was/is no alert letting me know. Glad to have it though.

I was surprised by the seat cool/heat operation. I hit the seat icon to see what it looks like but didn't turn the knob. Then I noticed my seat getting very warm. Apparantly it defaults to full on which I suppose is a good thing. Later, after lunch with the vehicle parked in the sun, I pressed the button again and it defaulted to full cool. That actully makes sense. If the system is off and you press the button, it knows you want to turn it on so it does it without you having to turn the knob - but you still can to adjust it.

donalddon

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER Carbonized Gray Metallic
Had a short drive and got the update arrow halfway to my destination. Excitedly checked once I parked and it was 4.1.1...
that's it.
i'm taking a ride....

1+ hour later....well that didn't work....maybe need a longer ride....

Last edited:

Sc954rr

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning, Volvo XC90
Picked up my son 2hrs ago got home in driveway, checked but no update. Working inside about hour later got the alert on app my truck is updated, sure enough it was. This update refines the software experience a lot from the original and using the know for adjustments is so much nicer then just using screen.. Seems to boot and connect faster to Android auto also. Oh yeah truck was charged at 88% and unplugged in driveway, not sure if that makes a difference or not.

Sponsored

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Has anyone found the you tube app yet or did Ford decide not to release it?

bewbie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER Rapid Red
1674013895334.png

Still haven't received the 3.5.2update.
Truck show I received the update.
Will probably have to take it into a dealeship to force the updates.
Where are you able to look up this information?

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
is this something a vin can be entered and can check info for someone?!
Yes. If you tell your dealer service department that you're not getting updates, this is what they check to see if you have any pending.
Sponsored