• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

jaturner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Ford Taurus
Just received this a few minutes ago.

Ford F-150 Lightning Ford sends out Lightning survey email - Help us plan for your F-150 Lightning Order Help us plan for your F-150 Lightni

I have not submitted yet nor went through all of questions, but for those interested in a PRO.

Ford F-150 Lightning Ford sends out Lightning survey email - Help us plan for your F-150 Lightning Order Pro

Full screenshots of the survey, posted by @atomic

Here are some screenshots of the survey itself. I had received the ordering opens soon email yesterday. Reservation was made at 5am EST on 5/20.

Not currently planning to convert my reservation given that the cheaper trims are unavailable.

Ford F-150 Lightning Ford sends out Lightning survey email - Help us plan for your F-150 Lightning Order screen-shot-2022-09-02-at-13-30-57-

Ford F-150 Lightning Ford sends out Lightning survey email - Help us plan for your F-150 Lightning Order screen-shot-2022-09-02-at-13-31-17-

Ford F-150 Lightning Ford sends out Lightning survey email - Help us plan for your F-150 Lightning Order screen-shot-2022-09-02-at-13-31-22-

Ford F-150 Lightning Ford sends out Lightning survey email - Help us plan for your F-150 Lightning Order screen-shot-2022-09-02-at-13-31-47-

Ford F-150 Lightning Ford sends out Lightning survey email - Help us plan for your F-150 Lightning Order screen-shot-2022-09-02-at-13-32-20-

Ford F-150 Lightning Ford sends out Lightning survey email - Help us plan for your F-150 Lightning Order screen-shot-2022-09-02-at-13-34-19-

Ford F-150 Lightning Ford sends out Lightning survey email - Help us plan for your F-150 Lightning Order screen-shot-2022-09-02-at-13-34-24-

Ford F-150 Lightning Ford sends out Lightning survey email - Help us plan for your F-150 Lightning Order screen-shot-2022-09-02-at-13-34-53-

Ford F-150 Lightning Ford sends out Lightning survey email - Help us plan for your F-150 Lightning Order screen-shot-2022-09-02-at-13-34-56-

Ford F-150 Lightning Ford sends out Lightning survey email - Help us plan for your F-150 Lightning Order screen-shot-2022-09-02-at-13-35-41-

Ford F-150 Lightning Ford sends out Lightning survey email - Help us plan for your F-150 Lightning Order screen-shot-2022-09-02-at-13-35-49-

Ford F-150 Lightning Ford sends out Lightning survey email - Help us plan for your F-150 Lightning Order screen-shot-2022-09-02-at-13-36-11-

Ford F-150 Lightning Ford sends out Lightning survey email - Help us plan for your F-150 Lightning Order screen-shot-2022-09-02-at-13-36-21-

Ford F-150 Lightning Ford sends out Lightning survey email - Help us plan for your F-150 Lightning Order screen-shot-2022-09-02-at-13-37-09-
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

uniblab

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning XLT SR , '93 Mustang GT, '11 E450
Me too. I selected a different series (XLT) but following that it still asked me how I would configure the Pro. Not sure if that was an error or by design.

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
I just got the same email. There is another email going around that seems more positive ("Orders Starting Soon" / "We'll Be Sending an Invitation Soon"). This one sounds like they want to know what we are ordering and I imagine if a Pro (or maybe even XLT), we wont get an invite this go round. I'm in for a Lariat so we'll see.
EDIT: I have two reservations with different email addresses: a Day 2 and a Day 153 at a different dealer. This email came to the to the Day 153 reservation. Still nothing on the Day 2 reservation.

Iddqd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Soul +
I had my reservation on 05/20 and did not get recent ordering opens soon email. That email is not really anything hopeful because I had it last December bet never got an invite. Checked with my dealership, i’m 26th.
On the survey though, just got it and answered only interested in pro. I have my doubts this survey has much to do with actual ordering invites but who knows.

Sponsored

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
If you select Lariat SR you get this screen:
Ford F-150 Lightning Ford sends out Lightning survey email - Help us plan for your F-150 Lightning Order Screenshot 2022-09-02 3

pinaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 F150
Occupation
engineer
I'm a 5/20 reservation and got the email. I am not encouraged by the survey questions. What irritates me most is that they ask how much a reservation deposit we'd be filling to stomach and whether it could non-refundable. (screen shots already posted by others above)

Those questions don't seem to give any consideration to the manufacturer jacking up the prices after making the deposit, nor to the ever-present risk of ADM (and the opportunity cost given the considerable effort necessary to churn around dealers even if a transfer is possible).

Why doesn't Ford seem to grasp that how much would-be buyers would pay when making a non-refundable deposit would care an awful lot about price certainty and ADM?!

Nick Gerteis

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
98 F-150, 2015 Nissan Leaf, Lightning preordered
Occupation
Letter carrier

Kiggulak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Volt, 2013 Focus EV, 2019 Model 3LR
Got this same email. Added my configuration to the long list of Pro responses.

I can't tell if it's giving me hope that Pro isn't sold out yet, or disappointment that it will be by the time my wave comes up.

Then again with 80K units in 2023 I may be pushed to 2024 and the next set of price hikes.
Almost too late to assist with all the into and out of the College Dorm moves for my 2 kids.

Too bad my dealer won't tell me my place in line.

One of my backup plans allows me to order now (ID.4) and my current EV still has life in it. The other plan would be the Chevy Equinox EV (no reservations yet) provided they don't force everyone into a Red interior.

uniblab

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning XLT SR , '93 Mustang GT, '11 E450
And that’s the only one different when selecting XLT. I thought it was interesting they wanted to know about EV reservations I have with their competitors, and that they wanted to know how I liked the reservation process so far.
I told them the truth - that I also have a reservation for a Silverado EV. Don't know if that will hurt or help my cause.

Sponsored

Nick Gerteis

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
98 F-150, 2015 Nissan Leaf, Lightning preordered
Occupation
Letter carrier
I told them the truth - that I also have a reservation for a Silverado EV. Don't know if that will hurt or help my cause.
Ditto. And Cybertruck as well. First off, it’s the truth, secondly it might make them more likely to sell me a XLT now if they see I’m not here out of blind loyalty to Ford, but have other early reservations in and might go elsewhere. We’ll see how it goes!

Billgeffert

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Y
Occupation
Retired
If you select Lariat SR you get this screen:
Screenshot 2022-09-02 3.jpg
Yea I picked Lariat also. I'm a 5/23 holder and allegedly number 5 at my dealer. I don't believe anything till I see one in my driveway.

RVALightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
“Note that we expect nearly all of our current reservation holders will be invited to order by next summer.”

I guess you could call that encouraging

RVALightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Email from my dealership just now regarding the survey:
Hello again!! I wanted to let you know about an email you will be receiving directly from Ford. You will have until September 26th to fill this out. This survey is very important for the future and how Ford handles the orders. More details are listed below.

• This survey is NOT an invitation to order.
  • The survey will collect information pertaining to each reservation holder’s desired configuration and will be used to help inform future demand vs capacity planning to assist in efficiently converting all remaining F-150 Lightning reservation holders.
  • Ford expects nearly all current reservation holders will be invited to place an order by next summer.
  • Reservation holders who complete the survey may get an invitation to order earlier depending on what they choose and available commodities. However, not completing the survey will NOT lead to cancellation of their active reservation.
  • Based on 23MY Wave 1 ordering, the Pro Series has limited availability remaining during 23MY production. Respondents who indicate a preference for Pro Series in the survey may not have the ability to order one during 23MY.
  • A reservation holder’s response to this survey is NOT an order for a vehicle and does NOT guarantee series, feature, and option availability. Final configuration selections will be determined when they are invited to place an order. Final vehicle price is subject to change until time of order.
  • Note: Reservation holders who are invited in the 23MY Wave 3 (September 7th through September 30th) will also receive this survey. Completing this survey will not impact their opportunity to convert to order during the Wave 3 ordering period.

gymgeek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Edge, 2023 F150L Pro
Occupation
IT Geek
Couple of thoughts I had

1. Maybe this is why the FAQ says once invited to order a MY23, you won't be able to extend like with the MY22. If you answer this survey and say you want a Pro, it sounds like they just won't send you an invite until MY24.
2. That brings me to my next thought. The "...we expect nearly all of our current reservation holders will be invited to order by next summer." bit just means you'll get to order a MY24 in an early wave in summer 2023 just like Wave 1 and Wave 2 (and maybe Wave 3) for MY23 all happened in summer this year.
Sponsored