• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored
Status
Not open for further replies.

MickeyAO

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red Lightning Lariat ER, Kia EV6 GT-Line AWD
Occupation
Lab Manager of the Energy Storage Technology Center
Back to the original point of my comment - Then why are they not opening up the Level 2 chargers for anybody to make an adapter or connect any other brands of cars?
@RickKeen if you truly, deep in your heart, believe in your stance, please stop posting redundant comments here and go find yourself a lawyer whom will buy your argument. Then you can file suit against Tesla, and probably up it to a class action, and profit $$$$$$$$$.

Personally, I do not buy your arguments (but I'm not a lawyer), but wish you the best in your future windfall.
Sponsored

Dolio

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat ER Max Tow Carbonized Gray
We should start a thread with people taking pictures at every Tesla Supercharger location in the US, showing whether each is able to reach, or not. Then have another thread where people measure parking angles, and discuss if you need 23 degrees or 47 degrees for the cord to reach...
There is probably a pre existing ratings and comments service that could be leveraged for this purpose... IDK that a forum thread would be the least friction method for doing such... Might be good to come up with some #HashTags to convey the information you described so to later parse such community contributed data...

IDK if PlugShare includes Tesla network, but I might start with that as an example of a pre-existing datase. And the "now you know" youtube channel I think already has a rich collection for all Tesla SuperCharger stations, as a second example.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
There is probably a pre existing ratings and comments service that could be leveraged for this purpose... IDK that a forum thread would be the least friction method for doing such... Might be good to come up with some #HashTags to convey the information you described so to later parse such community contributed data...

IDK if PlugShare includes Tesla network, but I might start with that as an example of a pre-existing datase. And the "now you know" youtube channel I think already has a rich collection for all Tesla SuperCharger stations, as a second example.
It was a joke.... Only forum members here would measure angles.

Yes, PlugShare has Tesla.

Dolio

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Vehicles
It was a joke.... Only forum members here would measure angles.

Yes, PlugShare has Tesla.
Even as a joke, it's not a bad idea... To take photos of non-tesla using our adapters at various locations to document where the do work, barely work, do not work... Plug share already has this ability, and it might not be a bad idea to ask them to add a check in field such as "NACS Adapter too short" or something, as a way of collecting data on this future phenomenon...

Maybe Grok can use the pictures to infer parking angled too? ;)

RickKeen

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L SR Pro
Occupation
sw engineering manager,
HA HAAaaAAAaaaa!

WAT!?

Tesla level2 is literally J1772...

LOL "why are then not opening up the level 2" ROFLMAO!

AUUUUUHAAAAA HAAAA HAhaaaa1111!!!1ones!!!11!1true
Type 2. Whatever.

Sponsored

Dolio

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Vehicles
Type 2. Whatever.
Level 2, Type 2, Version 2, there are 10 types of people in the world, all the same WhatEVer... ;)

Do you want to try one more time? Ya, I knew what you were trying to say, but you still don't. You mean Version 2 (V2) versus V3? They speak different languages, version 2 is CAN and version 3 is CCS (PLC). And neither of them were invented by Tesla nor are they proprietary.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Level 2, Type 2, Version 2, there are 10 types of people in the world, all the same WhatEVer... ;)

Do you want to try one more time? Ya, I knew what you were trying to say, but you still don't. You mean Version 2 (V2) versus V3? They speak different languages, version 2 is CAN and version 3 is CCS (PLC). And neither of them were invented by Tesla nor are they proprietary.
Don’t feed the dragon! 😉

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
We should start a thread with people taking pictures at every Tesla Supercharger location in the US, showing whether each is able to reach, or not. Then have another thread where people measure parking angles, and discuss if you need 23 degrees or 47 degrees for the cord to reach...
Stop it, just stop it. Now there's going to be 100 threads asking if we will get a free protractor with our adaptor!

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
The cord length is definitely going to be a problem, even though Tesla has removed the bollards locally. I can connect but just barely, I'm only about an inch away from the post in this picture. I don't have an adapter, I'm just using a generic teslatap for photo purposes. No way I could do this with a car to my right.

PXL_20240202_013002081.jpg
I have a feeling we will be able to use the charge port on the right side for a $20 monthly fee.

eRock77

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150L Pro--1995 Exploder--1929 A Super Coupe
From inside ev's

Ford Owners Won't Need The Tesla App To Supercharge
Ford confirmed to InsideEVs that its customers will be able to Supercharge using the FordPass app or the vehicle's infotainment screen.
Lord help us all. I'm seriously hoping the Tesla App, which works perfectly, will be an allowable option for us. For reasons I cannot understand Fordpass seems to NOT allow any kind of membership based discount plans with EVGo or EA. That needs to get fixed. I don't want to get boxed out of the Tesla membership or deal with reliability problems when perfectly good software is already available. Just my opinion.

Sponsored

deserthi

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Tech
I have family in Southern Calif and when making the drive in my model 3 all of the Tesla chargers from southern New Mexico on into northern Texas and down to San Antonio were version 2 Tesla chargers. Now that I traded the tesla for a Lightning I will now be able to make that same trip route

twixr3000

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E / 22 Platinum ER
Lord help us all. I'm seriously hoping the Tesla App, which works perfectly, will be an allowable option for us. For reasons I cannot understand Fordpass seems to NOT allow any kind of membership based discount plans with EVGo or EA. That needs to get fixed. I don't want to get boxed out of the Tesla membership or deal with reliability problems when perfectly good software is already available. Just my opinion.
It did not specifally say you could NOt use the Tesla app ...so🤷‍♂️

JRT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning
I have family in Southern Calif and when making the drive in my model 3 all of the Tesla chargers from southern New Mexico on into northern Texas and down to San Antonio were version 2 Tesla chargers. Now that I traded the tesla for a Lightning I will now be able to make that same trip route
We cannot charge at V2 chargers. This adapter is V3 only access

tommyb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 F-150 Lightning Lariat
Agree 100%. For this same reason I ditched Fordpass after I used up my complimentary free charging credits and now I just use the specific app for whatever charging network I need (I have EA, Chargepoint and EVGO accounts). They work seamlessly and no need to introduce a "middleman" app. Still have my Tesla account so that's what I plan (hope!) to use.

deserthi

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Tech
I guess I was not clear in my posting. When I drove from Southern Calif to San Antonio, Tx I was driving my Tesla and all the chargers from southern NM and northern TX and down to San Antonio were V2 chargers. I am saying that NOW that I have a Lightning I will not be able to make that drive.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.