• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Kevv

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Range Rover Infiniti Bronco
Occupation
Retired
Only if you sign that form. Knowledge is power - don't sign if a dealer prepares something like this. I can't imagine a half-way decent dealer presenting this, or at least with many outs as needed to cover everything but flipping for profit that folks don't want dealers doing.
You have more faith in dealers than I do
I would never sign such a form
( I had to switch dealers for my 2021 Bronco. Lightning at Bronco dealer )
Us message board members are in general more knowledgeable and the minority of buyers, the general public buying are not as well informed
I would be willing to bet the no sale clause won't be disclosed until you are sitting down with the finance guy
Sponsored

DarkL1ghtn1ng

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning, 2017 GT350
They should have been doing this for Bronco orders already. Way too many gently used Broncos on dealer lots around here for six figures. Also they smacked down markups on Mach-E in 2020. Can't imagine why you would allow dealers to basically hold hostage a vehicle you WANT out there in the hands of customers. All the markups on Lightning just fuel(charge?) the Vaportruck fanboys forums.

Ventorum94

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chev Avalanche, BMW 550i, Tesla MY, Tesla M3
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Bulletin just sent out this morning to Ford dealers from Corporate ?? Now do something about those greedy ADM's! ?

View attachment 35786
Don’t forget another motive for the buy-and-flip purchase: the EV tax credit, which goes only to the original purchaser. On the other hand, $7500 would cover little more than the sales tax/fees on the original purchase; a resale would have to be a lot more $$ than MSRP, to avoid a loss on the transaction. Can’t imagine that working out very often.

View attachment 35786
[/QUOTE]

cts888

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt, Ford Escape
Don’t forget another motive for the buy-and-flip purchase: the EV tax credit, which goes only to the original purchaser. On the other hand, $7500 would cover little more than the sales tax/fees on the original purchase; a resale would have to be a lot more $$ than MSRP, to avoid a loss on the transaction. Can’t imagine that working out very often.

View attachment 35786
If you buy and sell it right away as the original owner would you still qualify for the $7500 when tax season rolls around?

Sponsored

SmoothJ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 HEV
I don't think Ford can demand anything, however if Ford were to OWN AND OPERATE their dealership vs them relying on the "<Insert name here> Family of Dealerships"... that might be different.

RavenYZF-R6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma
Half ass memos, half ass measures, yet again.

So Tesla can sell everything at MSRP and Ford can’t demand their dealer network to stop with ADMs?

Go ahead, make your excuses, call me a Tesla lover Ford hater.
But Tesla arbitrarily increases the prices of their vehicles all the time. Demand is such that they can price it however they want and sell them all. Pretty much an ADM but it applies to all Tesla.

techguydave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Occupation
IT
But Tesla arbitrarily increases the prices of their vehicles all the time. Demand is such that they can price it however they want and sell them all. Pretty much an ADM but it applies to all Tesla.
The difference being that the additional money is going directly to Tesla. Why should I give an $10k to a glorified delivery center?

SmoothJ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 HEV
Tesla control their own prices cause they only deliver/service in the B&M. All the pricing is handled from corporate, and not Family of Dealerships. Yes they have those stores, but I dont think they sell anything their per say.

Sponsored

RavenYZF-R6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma
The difference being that the additional money is going directly to Tesla. Why should I give an $10k to a glorified delivery center?
I guess I’d rather a local dealer get more money that corporate Tesla. But my point is that the price increases feel a lot like an ADM being added on for no reason. The ford truck might go up $1,000 in a year while the Tesla goes up $6,000 or more. But since it’s not listed as ADM it’s all well and good I guess.

techguydave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Occupation
IT
I guess I’d rather a local dealer get more money that corporate Tesla. But my point is that the price increases feel a lot like an ADM being added on for no reason. The ford truck might go up $1,000 in a year while the Tesla goes up $6,000 or more. But since it’s not listed as ADM it’s all well and good I guess.
What's the dealer doing to deserve that? Why shouldn't the corporation actually researching, prototyping, building and delivering the product make that money?

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber
The difference is that the Tesla price applies to everyone who places an order at a particular time. When you go to a legacy automaker dealership, your out-the-door price is going to vary depending on the mood of the sales manager, how busy the floor is, the amount of time you want to spend negotiating, and probably the barometric pressure.

Maybe the dealer would need less money for overhead if they weren't paying salespeople to go through the negotiation process with every buyer. Maybe they'd also have more time to learn about the vehicles they're selling and how they fit into the larger market.

RavenYZF-R6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma
I’m sorta in agreement with both of your posts but when I was looking to order a Tesla while deciding what to the get the price jumped a few thousand, I decided I couldn’t stomach it. Much as I’d like a Model Y. Felt the same to me as a slapped on ADM. Started reading into all their price jumps over the years and turned me off of them. I’m hoping Rivian doesn’t follow suit and just us a regular annual increase in price.

ExCivilian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 RAM 2500 5.9L Cummins; '22 Lariat ER
when I was looking to order a Tesla while deciding what to the get the price jumped a few thousand, I decided I couldn’t stomach it.
Two significant differences: that price change didn't fluctuate as you tried to buy the vehicle from various local sellers *and* you were told about it before you ordered.
Sponsored