• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
That would only be binding to the customer selling the truck to that dealer lol
This happens. I know of a Cadillac dealer who (to avoid charging ADM on a new vehicle) would sell a new Escalade to someone who didn’t want it for MSRP, then immediately buy it back for an extra $1000. Said dealer would then sell the “used” Escalade for 10K or more over MSRP. F’N crazy!
Sponsored

Snappy22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, Honda CRV
Love to see a bit of pressure from Ford, definitely feels like the slimier dealerships walk right over corporate. It does hurt their image, and if I had any games from my dealership I'd be cancelling and walking away permanently.

If I were to guess, the No-Resale provision is less about catching violators and much more about avoiding potential resales through the ever-present contractual clause over people's heads. It also seems to be optional by each dealer, meaning it's more of a triage tool than punishment.
Can you expand on this? I don’t follow the second part of that explanation.
if I buy one and sell to my dad without markup, do I have any reason to worry?

Clickbeast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning
Can you expand on this? I don’t follow the second part of that explanation.
if I buy one and sell to my dad without markup, do I have any reason to worry?
You might, IF the language has no exception for family, and IF your dealer adds it.

If I were to guess, most dealers won't add it, but Ford is saying they'll support it if they do. Since it seems to be 100% dealer-driven, and if your dealer absolutely wanted to add that clause, you can probably just ask for immediate family exception.

KennyBSAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rav4 Prime, F150 Lightning reserved
There are gigantic holes in the U.S. CCS charging network, and many places where there appear to be some but there's only one, which may sit broken for months or years when it breaks, which it will at some point. So Ford wants dealers to tell me that if I buy this truck and then find I can't charge and use it, I can't trade or sell it? Fun!

If a gray market/resale of a product is a problem, there's an answer. Charge more or make more of the product.

Sponsored

Whiskey

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Hybrid, 2020 Toyota Corolla Hybrid
Occupation
Retired Miner
I like it, I think it’s fair enough for all. I kinda felt that Ford wouldn’t tolerate Dealerships gouging the consumer.

broncoaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Bronco 2 door Badlands manual
I like it, I think it’s fair enough for all. I kinda felt that Ford wouldn’t tolerate Dealerships gouging the consumer.
Go read up about the ADM horror stories over on BRONCO6G.com. It’s very clear that Ford doesn’t care about the dealers screwing the customers on their custom ordered Broncos, I doubt it will be different with the Lightning.

This no resale provision on a production vehicle is complete overreach. I’d be surprised if it’s enforceable. The GT is a different animal with the very limited production.

Kevv

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Range Rover Infiniti Bronco
Occupation
Retired
Bulletin just sent out this morning to Ford dealers from Corporate ?? Now do something about those greedy ADM's! ?

View attachment 35786
So ford dealers are allowed to sell over MSRP!!!!but customers cannot sell for a year after purchase
That is a potential deal killer for me
To be clear I do not have plans to sell but after spending 80,000 dollars on a truck to be threatened with legal action if I decide to sell is BS.
I have my 2021 Bronco ( 4 door Outer Banks with MIC Top ) I got delivered in October no plans to sell that either I plan on keeping it forever
but to be told that I could not sell it could of been a deal killer as well
Peoples financial situations and needs change especially now, we have been living in a pandemic for 2 years.
I do not need a truck for work this is a nice to have vehicle and will be reaching out to my dealer to see if they are adding the No - Sale Provision.

Kevv

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Range Rover Infiniti Bronco
Occupation
Retired
This does nothing to stop dealerships from gouging the consumer
ADM are still allowed
just no extra deposit and you cannot sell your truck for a year

Sponsored

adoublee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2 EVs
So ford dealers are allowed to sell over MSRP!!!!but customers cannot sell for a year after purchase
Only if you sign that form. Knowledge is power - don't sign if a dealer prepares something like this. I can't imagine a half-way decent dealer presenting this, or at least with many outs as needed to cover everything but flipping for profit that folks don't want dealers doing.

Mach N Cheese

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning
Occupation
Analyst
One of the first orders that popped up in the Facebook Lightning group showed a $1000 deposit. Mine was $500. Most people aren't sharing their deposit amounts, so don't know what's more common. Unlike with the Mach E the deposit and res fee are being applied to the sales price, at least that's what it looks like on the Ford site. That's a small plus, I had to wait a couple weeks for the $500 deposit to returned for my Mach E.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
One of the first orders that popped up in the Facebook Lightning group showed a $1000 deposit. Mine was $500. Most people aren't sharing their deposit amounts, so don't know what's more common. Unlike with the Mach E the deposit and res fee are being applied to the sales price, at least that's what it looks like on the Ford site. That's a small plus, I had to wait a couple weeks for the $500 deposit to returned for my Mach E.
Weird - we had our $500 deposit applied to our Mach-e when we picked it up (I did have to remind them - they had forgotten that and the $500 NYS point of sale credit originally - quick fix though).

Sdctcher

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Ford Escape, 2022 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Farmer/Hillbilly
This will not do much good unless they put some teeth in it.

Also, it seems like a lot of dealers are illiterate when following the Playbook. So will they even read this memo?

dingle87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 F150
This will not do much good unless they put some teeth in it.

Also, it seems like a lot of dealers are illiterate when following the Playbook. So will they even read this memo?
After dealing with employees for nearly 15 years, I can honestly say all of us here probably read that memo word for word, but many dealership employees glossed over it at best. I doubt very many actually read the whole memo. Just my experience and doubt showing through. LOL
Sponsored