• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

GoodSam

First Name
Good
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17CRV, 22 Lightning XLT 312A SR iced blue silver
Occupation
occupying space

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
So to tell if they are a EV dealer, a customer is to look for a sign at the dealership? So much for everything EV being also available online. Should be easy to make that a filter (regular or Elite) on the dealer lookup on the website.

EDIT - clicking the Detroit Free Press article which was the source we get location on 3 states :) :
"The automaker declined to provide additional details on which dealerships would move ahead with EV investment, but the company indicated that dealerships in EV-friendly states such as California are moving forward while places including the Dakotas are slower to plunge into the EV commitment."

Last edited:

RickKeen

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L SR Pro
Occupation
sw engineering manager,
Ford needs to hire some people who want to make great in-car software.
Software scales. Zero per-unit cost to sell people software features.
Techy first adopters WANT all those geeky software features.

#1 priority - make your OTA rock solid, reliable, and instantaneous to ALL your customers. Software is expensive to make. Deploy that value to as many customers as fast as you can.

#2 - when your customers request features, make suggestions, or report problems, make those changes right away and roll them out right away. A new car model will take decade to have another chance to delight that same customer and its a complete start over to earn their business. A software update can delight the customer you already have the same week. Any car company that actually pays attention and makes the software people want will generate intense loyalty.

#3 - Take a page from the Microsoft playbook. Compete on software feature for feature. Every feature. They have pet mode, add pet mode. They have camera recording and remote viewing - add camera recording and remote viewing. They have fart mode, you add fart mode. Takeaway ALL the excuses.

Last edited:

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 LIGHTNING PRO IcedBlueSilver 8/23/2022
Occupation
Owner
It seems that CHEVY dealers and even MERCEDES and Kia/Hyundai dealers are leaps and bounds ahead of DC Fast Charging options at their dealerships... I've yet to see a single FORD dealer with anything other than the typical 30amp Level 2 charger, and most of the time those are really only designed for them to use...

I've seen CHARGEPOINT new units at Chevy Dealers... Spence Chevy in Thomasville, GA, for example.
They may be even adding ANOTHER one, with easier access...
I've seen a Chevy Dealer in NE Alabama with Level 2 chargers all around the dealership, AND a 'non-branded' CCS Charger near a corner of the service building, that might can be accessed even with the dealership being gated, after hours.
I've seen a Hyundai dealer in Tallahassee with TWO New CHARGEPOINT units on their lot.
I've used a MERCEDES dealer CHARGEPOINT in Huntsville, AL.
I've used a MERCEDES dealer CHARGEPOINT in Dothan, AL...though NOT cheap, at $1 per kwh.
I've seen many NISSAN dealers with third-party CCS Chargers, back when I had our LEAFS...

but, yet, no Ford dealers.

I'm sure there are a 'few', maybe at this point, but what I HOPE is that the 'customer facing' CCS Chargers are EASY TO NAVIGATE and MANEUVER to within the dealer's lot... I can attest that dealers might NOT want to use much of their 'valued' sales parking areas for this, and why some are going to struggle to figure out how to handle this. We are NOT 'compact EV's... we are LARGE VEHICLES, and those that might also be TOWING. To me, the BEST way to handle this, for a single CCS Charger unit, is to place it where a vehicle can easily pull NEXT TO IT on BOTH SIDES... this gives all of us, and others, the ability to pull in, pull past, pull next to, or even use the 'other side' if it makes the most sense.

Garyl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia EV 6 2023 Ford Lighting Pro
Ford pulled the rug out from under there dealer charger requirement when they cut the Tesla Charger access deal. Good for the Ford vehicle owner but spending 300 K for DCF is a questionable business decision for a single store owner that is 10 mile from the Interstate with a Tesla charging location 8 mile on the Interstate. This owner is so far in front of the "big city" guys on ev adoption it's not even funny but Ford corporate is really making it hard for him.
Sponsored