• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Fordpass not communicating indicating a loss of connectivity

sheppy

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Platinum Lightning
Occupation
Engineer
I am having connectivity issues. Worked with FordPass to try and get it corrected but anything that was tried failed. They told me I have to take it to a dealer for service to have my Modem reset. The trouble shooting we attempted apparently indicated that a software upgrade was interrupted in the process and now it is frozen and needs a modem reset.
Sponsored

Pod

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 AMB Lightning XLT SR
I am headed to my dealer for this exact issue this morning. Ford indicated I need a Gateway Module Programming Field Service. I did a modem reset at home, problem of connectivity continued. We will see what happens.

OP
OP

sheppy

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
I am headed to my dealer for this exact issue this morning. Ford indicated I need a Gateway Module Programming Field Service. I did a modem reset at home, problem of connectivity continued. We will see what happens.
Keep me posted with the results of your service. My service is not until June 10th

Pod

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Will do. Just dropped it off for service. Rep told me I am the first module update they have done. Oh boy…never a dull moment.

OP
OP

sheppy

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Will do. Just dropped it off for service. Rep told me I am the first module update they have done. Oh boy…never a dull moment.
I’m k thank you! Much appreciated

Sponsored

Pod

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just heard back, they say everything is up to date but so far, FordPass not connected. Grrrrr. Did rotate the tires though.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Just heard back, they say everything is up to date but so far, FordPass not connected. Grrrrr. Did rotate the tires though.
Using a regular desktop or mobile web browser, try logging into your ford.com account, if you can log in, that rules out an account lockout issue, if you are blocked because account IS locked, the lock out needs resolution first.

Assuming you're NOT locked out, try clearing the Fordpass cache and force stop the app, then restart it, DO NOT clear your credentials or you will need to reset fob pairing and PAAK.

OP
OP

sheppy

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
That doesnt sound promising

OP
OP

sheppy

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
I bet they only checked for updates on the SYNC screen and didn't even hook the truck up to FDRS.
What is FDRS? I worked with Ford Pass first to try and resolve this connectivity issue and all failed resulting in them telling me that I would have to take it in for service to have the modem reset.

Sponsored

Pod

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
It is working now, let’s hope it keeps it up.

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
What is FDRS? I worked with Ford Pass first to try and resolve this connectivity issue and all failed resulting in them telling me that I would have to take it in for service to have the modem reset.
Ford
Diagnostic and
Repair
System

It's the software the dealer techs use.
Sponsored