• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

BlueLightning

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F150 ⚡XLT SR
Occupation
Retired
Both use the 12v system. Both use the 12v battery. And both use the HV battery through the DC-DC converter to charge the 12v battery and provide additional power when required.
I believe it, but down to 5% battery left and still I was never told by Tesla if I didn’t manually adjust my power settings I would no longer be able to charge my phone. It’s kinda dumb, Ford should just do it on its own?!

Reason saying this is because I know Ford Engineers read these. Tesla you could make suggestions all day and they wouldn’t ever listen. lol!
Sponsored

rio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Chevy Volt, 2023 F150 Lightning Pro
So with the ability to turn on climate controls without turning on the truck, has anyone verified whether opening the frunk will still cause the climate control to shut off?

kstype

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Senior Systems Engineer
Did you get accepted? Signing up and being accepted are 2 different things.
Excellent question - not sure. I was provided the registration information from my contacts at @Ford Motor Company and followed their instructions.

I can only assume a secondary acceptance step was not completed.

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER

kstype

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Senior Systems Engineer
Yes - I do:

Ford F-150 Lightning FordPass Update 5.0.0 -- Limited Public Beta Release IMG_0959

Sponsored

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
Is there a way to sign up for early access if you reside in Canada?
Not that I'm aware of. I think it's USA residents only.

novosilicon

First Name
Eugene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT ER
Today my truck received an OTA with Tesla Supercharger things and couple hours later I found a button "Try beta" in Ford Pass app.

I'm in Early Access program, also had an email with Invitation to 5.0 beta test, but email received in September 2023 and beta appeared only today.

Android version.

Ford F-150 Lightning FordPass Update 5.0.0 -- Limited Public Beta Release Screenshot_20240325-152625
Ford F-150 Lightning FordPass Update 5.0.0 -- Limited Public Beta Release Screenshot_20240325-153028

Mmiketa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER
Today my truck received an OTA with Tesla Supercharger things and couple hours later I found a button "Try beta" in Ford Pass app.

I'm in Early Access program, also had an email with Invitation to 5.0 beta test, but email received in September 2023 and beta appeared only today.

Android version.

Screenshot_20240325-152625.png
Screenshot_20240325-153028.png
That looks like a version that DOES show if the car is locked/unlocked. Nice to see that coming up. AND a dark mode? That is a modern looking app right there.

novosilicon

First Name
Eugene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
That looks like a version that DOES show if the car is locked/unlocked. Nice to see that coming up. AND a dark mode? That is a modern looking app right there.
Looks like it supposed to show if car locked/unlocked, but for now Lock button is enabled, unlock is disabled, but both works.
After pressing the button it shows status, but immediately returns back when you don't know is car locked or unlocked.

Ford F-150 Lightning FordPass Update 5.0.0 -- Limited Public Beta Release Screenshot_20240325-191101

Sponsored

novosilicon

First Name
Eugene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
@novosilicon
You might be in the EAP beta. You need to be careful about what you share.
Yep, it possible that I'm not allowed to share full info, but I went through all disclosure I saw during applying to beta and did not find any limitations.

In any cases, app looks much better. Can't wait OTA with PAAK.

Gimme_my_MME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Engineer
Yep, it possible that I'm not allowed to share full info, but I went through all disclosure I saw during applying to beta and did not find any limitations.

In any cases, app looks much better. Can't wait OTA with PAAK.
Did you get an email from EAP last week detailing what could and couldn't be shared?

novosilicon

First Name
Eugene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Did you get an email from EAP last week detailing what could and couldn't be shared?
Nope. My initial email from Sep 2023 said I will receive instruction prior getting beta app but it never happened.

I think real beta test was back in Sep 2023 and now they just do roll out to a wider range of users.

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
Nope. My initial email from Sep 2023 said I will receive instruction prior getting beta app but it never happened.

I think real beta test was back in Sep 2023 and now they just do roll out to a wider range of users.
Got the same email last year. But no invite. Then definitely got invite a couple days prior to public. For IOS, you have to install Apple TestFlight. On my iPhone when I look at the app name it has a yellow dot next to the app name. If I swipe up to see all apps the name is Fordpass Beta. On my iPad no yellow dot and app name on swipe up is just FordPass. For Android my understanding is you have to use something called Google Beta.

Check your junk mail. You show things not in iOS public beta but could be an Android difference. But if you never installed Google Beta then you’re likely okay.
Sponsored