• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

New to me '22 Platinum. Super old software? Beta pre release? Missing lots of app features

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Have you spoken with Ford Connected Services? 866-861-0420.
Sponsored

OP
OP

jw442

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning (Soon!)
Have you spoken with Ford Connected Services? 866-861-0420.
I called them twice but it's been about 2 weeks. They seemed to use the standard flow chart that has the quickest way to get me off the phone. Aka didn't help. I'll probably try again soon. Might get somebody more helpful this time around.

OP
OP

jw442

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning (Soon!)
I thought I would keep this thread alive. I bought the Mongoose cable and spent most of the day yesterday installing updates myself using FDRS. I am happy to say the truck is now fully current and all missing features on the truck and in the app have appeared. It wasn't cheap and it was a long process but it was worth it for piece of mind. Also worth it to not have to leave it at a dealer for who knows how long. If anyone does this just make sure you have a 20amp minimum 12v charger hooked to the jump posts. Some of the updates dragged the battery down to 11.9v even with the charger connected. Other than that it's pretty hard to mess anything up. Cheers!

Last edited:

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
It wasn't cheap and it was a long process but it was worth it for piece of mind. Also worth it to not have to leave it at a dealer for who knows how long.
It is an absolute crying shame that @Ford Motor Company is NOT requiring the full updates on these trucks be completed pre-delivery, every dealer should have junior technicians dedicated to "PROPER" pre delivery preparation. Pull the franchise agreements on any that fail to comply, this is the 21st century equivalent of tasking for an oil change technicians duties.

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
It is an absolute crying shame that @Ford Motor Company is NOT requiring the full updates on these trucks be completed pre-delivery, every dealer should have junior technicians dedicated to "PROPER" pre delivery preparation. Pull the franchise agreements on any that fail to comply, this is the 21st century equivalent of tasking for an oil change technicians duties.
The problem is that Ford pays dealers 0.9 hours for the pre-delivery inspection process on our trucks. 0.9 hours to perform everything on the attached list. They are never going to give dealers a "blank check" so to speak so they can be billed for countless hours of labor to perform modules updates during the PDI process.

Not to mention, the dealers would need to invest in more laptops and more yearly FDRS licenses to cater to this. Otherwise, you would have all the laptops tied up for hours doing module updates leaving the service department with no FDRS ready computers to work on vehicles in there for service.

I am not disagreeing with you that customer should be picking up their vehicles with the latest software on it; I am just saying it is never going to happen.

Attachments

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
I am not disagreeing with you that customer should be picking up their vehicles with the latest software on it; I am just saying it is never going to happen.
The investment of high quality belongs to @Ford Motor Company, do it:
  • On the production line with AGILE baseline releases
  • In the holding corrals while vehicles are waiting for outbound transportation
  • Smarter deployment of OTA's
I get that the dealer tech's are overburdened, but if the products come from the factory with 95% of the updates previously deployed, then trim up to 100% would be less of a burden, but still required, pay out 0.9, 1.9 hours, 2.9 hour whatever it takes, this work is all electronically documented and payment on a time invested scale is one click away from properly compensated.

Of course this is IF the dealers make an effort to recruit & retain skilled workers.
Sponsored