• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

GMC Sierra Denali EV on the Way?

MickeyAO

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red Lightning Lariat ER, Kia EV6 GT-Line AWD
Occupation
Lab Manager of the Energy Storage Technology Center
Just got a call from my local GMC dealership. I am the #1 reservation for the Denali EV and am I still interested? It is expected on the lot in July. "Of course I am, call me when you have it on the lot so I can test drive before deciding."

Ok, it's $106k, I don't think we will have a mark up, but GMC is pressuring us to have them sold before they get here. I'll ask my manager on what we can do. :cautious:
Sponsored

ctuan13

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1979 Continental, 2022 F150 Lightning, 03 Marauder
Just got a call from my local GMC dealership. I am the #1 reservation for the Denali EV and am I still interested? It is expected on the lot in July. "Of course I am, call me when you have it on the lot so I can test drive before deciding."

Ok, it's $106k, I don't think we will have a mark up, but GMC is pressuring us to have them sold before they get here. I'll ask my manager on what we can do. :cautious:
🤡🤡🤡

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber

I also got contacted by my dealer about the Sierra EV. I'm probably not going to go through with the order because we're happy with our current vehicles, but I'll be excited to finally see them on the road.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
I made my reservation before it officially opened. But cancelled last month.

Even though I wanted that mid-gate bad and don't mind rear wheel steering and 800V charging, I am happy with my Lightning and even if this has worked out well so far, I rather not to be the first on any vehicles in future. When I replace my truck, if it is not because of reliability issues, it will be because of a much bigger difference in technology.

lancersrock

First Name
Kody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Honda Pilot, 2011 Mustang GT, 2013 fusion se
Occupation
Field Engineer
Man I cant imagine paying that for a truck now. With the bath most of us have taken on the lighting ($89k in early 23 with no rebates vs $59k right now) I will never be an early adopter again....

NCMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Red Lariat Lightning
I hope I'm not first at my dealership like I was with the lightning. I currently have 40k on the lightning and would love to jump over to the GMC next year when I'm closer to 80k. I wonder if resale value will go up initially like the lightning did before it drops like a rock.

KevinC

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
98 F150,Fusion, 2023 Lightning, 2022 Mach E
I wonder if resale value will go up initially like the lightning did before it drops like a rock.
I seriously doubt it. The markup party is kinda over with Rivian and Lightning making regular deliveries. And GM isnt a cybertruck.

Sponsored
OP
OP
MickeyAO

MickeyAO

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
I don’t think I would touch any GM electric vehicle for a very long time. Something is very wrong with Ultium.
Only production line not spooled up completely. They have admitted this was a problem.

Stang68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT Performance, Lightning Lariat Extended
Only production line not spooled up completely. They have admitted this was a problem.
Let’s not forget the stop-sale on the Blazer…along with the literal breakdowns that happened to journalists.

OP
OP
MickeyAO

MickeyAO

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
I keep switching back between GMC and Ford, selling every 3 years and buying what had the most toys. Honestly, I preferred GMC.

Back in 2009 I was looking at the GM hybrid trucks that were available (Chevy and GMC). Same truck, just different names for the same options, but GMC seemed to be a more solid build. After that, I never looked at Chevy.

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
I keep switching back between GMC and Ford, selling every 3 years and buying what had the most toys. Honestly, I preferred GMC.

Back in 2009 I was looking at the GM hybrid trucks that were available (Chevy and GMC). Same truck, just different names for the same options, but GMC seemed to be a more solid build. After that, I never looked at Chevy.
Badge engineering and marketing at its finest. Chevy and GMC are assembled in the same plants, by the same people, with the same parts.

OP
OP
MickeyAO

MickeyAO

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Badge engineering and marketing at its finest. Chevy and GMC are assembled in the same plants, by the same people, with the same parts.
I knew nothing about GMC or Chevy...it was just the solid feel of the difference between the two. Even just closing the door, GMC felt more solid. It was my first truck that I bought many years ago, and the difference between the two just always stuck with me (and I never tried to compare similar modals again).
Sponsored