• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Heated Steering Wheel Retrofit PU-22G06

FastMover

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
13 F150 Limited 14 Shelby GT500 22 Lightning order
Occupation
Retired
Was told when I had the taillights replaced in November that parts were ordered for the HSW. Called to check on parts beginning of January was told no parts in. Called back again last week service guy on phone finally looked into my folder and told me parts were never ordered in November...
Told to bring it in on Wednesday. Said I needed to leave it all day that turned into over night. 1pm Thursday picked it up and was told, BCM was "BUT" the wrong part came in for the HSW that's why the gateway module wasn't addressed either.
Sponsored

Eric22

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 lightning lariat extended range
Should I order the part myself through service
lol these guys are a joke I understand shortages on parts but the transparency is on a different level why tell me everything is done then when I get there nothing is 🤷🏻‍♂️

Lightning Rod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
CNC PROGRAMMER/MACHINIST
I got my steering wheel upgrade and the lightbar replacement work done today. The heated steering wheel is nice! My dealer ordered the parts over a month ago. I just happened to call them the other day and asked them, what is the status on the parts? He took ten minutes and told me that the parts were there, but no one took the time to call me. That steering wheel would have been nice a couple weeks ago while it was freezing cold. Anyway, they had the truck for 1.5 days and now it's done. :cool:

mobilelingual

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Only took 5 visits to 2 different dealerships over 2.5 months to get a 100% functional steering wheel with heating (other CSPs & recall too). Honestly it was my fault for not clearly stating I wanted all the buttons on the steering wheel to work after the update.

Last edited:

Eric22

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 lightning lariat extended range
Only took 5 visits to 2 different dealerships over 2.5 months to get a 100% functional steering wheel with heating (other CSPs & recall too). Honestly it was my fault for not clearly stating I wanted all the buttons on the steering wheel to work after the update.
🤣

Sponsored
First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat
I am going in next week to get my left buttons working. ;-)

COrocket

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Quick question - my FordPass says that this CSP not complied with. However, my window sticker does not mention a heated steering wheel delete and I have a functioning heated wheel from the factory.

Is this really a performance “upgrade”? Or is this only installing the system in trucks that had the system originally deleted due to chip shortages. If this is the case, is the Ford database simply incorrect that I have to get this done?
Sponsored