• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Heated Steering Wheel Retrofit PU-22G06

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Moved thread to proper node & stuck it.

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mastang Mach-E Grabber Blue First Edition
Now that it's starting to get cold... Ford is finally making good on the retrofit of heated steering wheels for the early 2023 MY builds!
Just scheduled an appointment for both CSP and rear light bar recall.

Edit: without prompting the service advisor offered to pick up the truck at my home (accepted) and a loaner MME (declined, since I already have MME in my garage).

Last edited:

kstype

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Senior Systems Engineer
Thanks!

Does this apply to all 2023 where they removed the option? I have not seen this letter yet for my ER Lariat.

Pdxguy

First Name
La
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E FE, Toyota Tacoma, Audi
Now that it's starting to get cold... Ford is finally making good on the retrofit of heated steering wheels for the early 2023 MY builds!
Great news! Thanks for sharing as I was wondering when this would happen.

Sponsored

Monkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Lightning, Tesla Model Y, and more...
Occupation
Semi-retired electrical/computer/software engineer
Does this apply to all 2023 where they removed the option? I have not seen this letter yet for my ER Lariat.
It should. Noticed have just started appearing in the app, it may take a bit to show up for some. You should be able to sign in on the web and check your open recalls/ TSB. My rear light bar TSB does not show in my app, but does on the web and I received the letter in the mail.

I’m trying to coordinate a time when I can get all these issues addressed at once but the light bar will probably have to wait as it seems they still don’t have replacements. They don’t have the modules yet for the heated wheel retrofit, I’ve been talking with my dealer service manager a lot about this lately because they have a number of grumpy Lightning owners looking for a solution. Now that Ford has initiated the program, everyone seems in good spirits.

lightspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat ER
The 'heated steering wheel performance upgrade' shows up for me on the Ford website. My truck was built in the first week of '23 builds, Oct 17 or so I think.

Plus the:
rear lightbar replacement and
High voltage battery module replacement and/or battery energy control module becm software update

Last edited:

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2023 Mach-E GT-PE
Thanks!

Yes.

This just came out on the 15th. It's a bit early for letters to go out.

Attachments

Adventureboy

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat
Awesome news. Now we need to see the same for us Great White Northers..... ;-)

bellyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE & 2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
This is great news! I just checked my owner page in the website and see it noted there, along with the new dash mat and the High Voltage Battery / BECM Update Bulletin. I had just been wondering about the heated steering wheel, as I am sitting in the waiting area of my dealer having my 10,000 mile service done. They said that they cannot do the High Voltage Battery / BECM Update work for the Service Bulletin, unless I am contacted about it or have an issue. They still do not have parts available for the rear light bar. I will have to ask them if there is any news about the heated steering wheel. I definitely want that addressed before winter sets in here in Chicago!

Last edited:

Sponsored
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat ER Lightning
The 'heated steering wheel performance upgrade' shows up for me on the Ford website. My truck was built in the first week of '23 builds, Oct 17 or so I think.

Plus the:
rear lightbar replacement and
High voltage battery module replacement and/or battery energy control module becm software update
I haven't checked the website in a very long time and thanks to this thread I logged back in and have these 3 options listed. I am wondering if or when we will ever get the bed scale back as an option?

carys98

First Name
Cary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat SR
This is great news! I just checked my owner page in the website and see it noted there, along with the new dash mat and the High Voltage Battery / BECM Update Bulletin. I had just been wondering about the heated steering wheel, as I am sitting in the waiting area of my dealer having my 10,000 mile service done. They said that they cannot do the High Voltage Battery / BECM Update work for the Service Bulletin, unless I am contacted about it or have an issue. They still do not have parts available for the rear light bar. I will have to ask them if there is any news about the heated steering wheel. I definitely want that addressed before winter sets in here in Chicago!
[/QUOTE
Your dealer is full of crap. They are supposed to do the module update on every affected vehicle that comes in.
Ford F-150 Lightning Heated Steering Wheel Retrofit PU-22G06 IMG_0243

bellyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE & 2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Yeah, it was weird. The woman checking me in this morning said that they would only do it if there was an issue. I did schedule a follow up appointment after my tire rotation with someone different who pulled everything up on the computer and showed me the 4 active recalls/bulletins and said that they would work to address all of them (except for the light bar) in my next appointment, so hopefully that means that they'll do the BECM update, as well as get me the heated steering wheel and the dash mat when they also have my truck to replace a missing letter 'I' in the word Lightning from the back of the truck and dismantle the headliner to figure out what the heck is clunking around up in the headliner above the backseat. The next visit is going to be a doozy! Thank goodness the dealer is picking my truck up and I don't have to drive it in and wait around all day for all this.

Fastmikerx7

First Name
FM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat SR
Occupation
.GOV
Visited Dealer.

Module is at the site.

Engineer from Ford might be coming out to assist?

Also, due to reading this board, I had the CSP* Install new dust mat 23B11, Gateway Module Programming 23B21, High Voltage module replacement/BECM software upgrade 23B57, and the "There is a God" HEATED STEERING WHEEL PERFORMANCE UPGRADE 22G06!!!! on my VIN and Service Advisor added those to get done while truck is there at Dealer.

I AM SO HAPPY STEERING WHEEL IS GETTING DONE. Cold in the Winter here in Seattle area.