• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Heated Steering Wheel Retrofit PU-22G06

TheBigBezo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Dropped my truck off for the light bar, dash mat, updates, and heated steering wheel. Gave it to them at 9am and it was ready by 2pm. Ops tested steering wheel on the way home and it worked well! Honestly pretty impressed since they're not a large dealership and there's not too many EVs in my neck of the woods.
Sponsored

jmt995

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat PB
Hi everyone - I recently put a deposit on a Lightning and realized it doesn't have a heated steering wheel (and then trolled through all of the forums to see why). I'm sure it's somewhere in here, but are there any retrofit options for non-early 2023 builds? Thanks!

Ice No More?

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning, F450
Occupation
Aviation Professional
I took my truck in to the dealer Oct 4 to have the correct parts ordered for the lightbar and heated steering wheel, just called the dealer again. I finally got someone to help (not a service advisor) and parts are not there. She is going to have the service manager call me directly. FMC and the entire dealer network seems to be falling apart in front of us. I love the Lightning but I might just order my CT when my number comes up.

Fastmikerx7

First Name
FM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat SR
Occupation
.GOV
FINALLY!
Heated steering wheel is operational and it was nice this morning(35F).

Something wrong with the Ford Laptop software or something.

Dealer had truck simce the day after thanksgiving..

techmatters

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Lightning Lariat ER Antimatter Blue
I've been calling around to different dealers and finally found one that said they'll order the parts and they aren't on backorder.

The hesitance in the SA about doing the heated steering wheel retrofit wasn't all that comforting. He said they recently had a major issue getting a Ford Shelby F150 programmed correctly and lost functionality like mentioned in this thread. He did say he was going to order all the parts needed for the recalls and CSP's to include the 22G06 and I'd have status by next week if the parts are in.

My question for this group, has anyone figured out if all the correct settings can be applied with FORScan? Assuming the correct SCCM module was installed of course. At least they've acknowledged that there are several different modules that depend on what features you already have and ordering it should be VIN specific.

Sponsored

Texas Dan

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'04 Envoy XL 4WD, '15 Fusion Energi, '19 Niro EV
Occupation
Engineer
Called today. Parts for steering wheel still not in but the light bar parts are. At this point I’m expecting the heated steering wheel parts to arrive after winter is over.

maverick129

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Expedition
Anyone have any luck with this? I had a mobile tech appointment today and when they got here they said they couldn't perform the upgrade. I've got parts on order from two dealerships and they say they are back ordered with no idea when they will come in.

Lightning Rod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
CNC PROGRAMMER/MACHINIST
Anyone have any luck with this? I had a mobile tech appointment today and when they got here they said they couldn't perform the upgrade. I've got parts on order from two dealerships and they say they are back ordered with no idea when they will come in.

I also have two dealerships with parts on order at both. Same thing... they aren't sure when the parts will arrive.

Sponsored

maverick129

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Expedition
I also have two dealerships with parts on order at both. Same thing... they aren't sure when the parts will arrive.
Glad I'm not the only one. I was VERY skeptical they would actually do it today on the mobile visit but was hopeful.

FastMover

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
13 F150 Limited 14 Shelby GT500 22 Lightning order
Occupation
Retired
I've been waiting on parts since October

Pdxguy

First Name
La
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E FE, Toyota Tacoma, Audi
I had to wait six weeks for mine. Really frustrating as the truck was in the shop for a month for the battery module replacement. Got it back, and two days later had to take it in for the heated steering wheel - despite calling Ford and asking them to try get it there while the truck was still in the shop. Then they installed it, and three days later a second battery module went out. Noticing it wasn’t very warm, I asked them to update the Forscan settings per this forum to keep it warmer for longer. They called back once the second battery module was done (another month wait time) and told me Ford told them not to do it. Even gave me a hotline number to call so Ford could tell me why. At this point I don’t want to mess with anything so I can just drive the truck.

Nick O'Teen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Platinum
I got the heated steering wheel activated in my 2023 Platinum about three weeks ago. It took a couple of visits about a week apart, but I have to say the service department at Villa Ford here in Orange County, CA did a great job.

And I really love the heated steering wheel.

Eric22

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 lightning lariat extended range
Anyone have luck with heated steering wheel update took mine to the dealer early January had it for over 2 weeks. Service advisor told me it was installed along with the becm update upon arrival no heated steering wheel or becm update. Love my truck but the dealers are really ruining my purchase
2023 lightning lariat extended range purchased January 5 2023
Sponsored