• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Help, Wave 7 Build Questions

Sdgolfer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Zr2
Can confirm mine said 6/24 as well
Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Can confirm mine said 6/24 as well
Thank you, I'm trying to speculate on reasons why the factory has not (YET) issued scheduling for late summer & thinking maybe they will wait for you guy's to post your orders, then give the ball tumbler one last spin and blast out the rest of scheduling for MY22 afterward, maybe 6/30.

luebri

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' F150 Lightning (Lariat ER), 22' Pathfinder SL
I was part of the Wave 7 (Lariat ER), dealer stated via text "no markup" after I asked, when I placed the order online I had to put $500 down, the dealer accepted the order the next day and sent me an order summary for me to sign. My order summary shows everything at MSRP. Am I good for avoiding any bait and switch ADM or is there another step I should be taking? My dealer is not listed on this forum as either a NO ADM or an ADM dealer.

FlasherZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning, Tesla Model X, F250 SD diesel 6.0
I was part of the Wave 7 (Lariat ER), dealer stated via text "no markup" after I asked, when I placed the order online I had to put $500 down, the dealer accepted the order the next day and sent me an order summary for me to sign. My order summary shows everything at MSRP. Am I good for avoiding any bait and switch ADM or is there another step I should be taking? My dealer is not listed on this forum as either a NO ADM or an ADM dealer.
The *only* way to avoid bait-and-switch ADM is to obtain a signed order sheet from the dealership that shows your price on it, with a signature from the sales staff there.

People have printed out their order summaries, but that doesn't count and Ford's own FAQ says that it's just a point-in-time reflection and that the final price is reflected in the sales agreement you sign with the dealership.

Nothing signed by sales staff at the dealer? No contract and you can't rely upon that. Even an e-mail from your salescritter won't do, as "they're not authorized to make that commitment on behalf of our company".

I would go to them and say "to protect myself against practices that are being exhibited by other dealers, I would like a counter-signed buyer's order with the firm price that I will pay when it arrives. I hope you understand that I must request this because other dealers are exhibiting bad behavior." If they protest, you have a good sign of their intentions. They want you to sign an agreement, they should be willing to do so as well.

OP
OP

beerhoffman

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 SR built
Occupation
Accountant
Sorry to dig up this old thread, but I know some wave 7 folks were watching it.

I saw that some Wave 7 folks got their build date. Can you tell me if/when we will get VIN #'s?

Does that happen via email from Ford? The Dealer? Or can it be found on the ford website?

Thanks all

Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Sorry to dig up this old thread, but I know some wave 7 folks were watching it.

I saw that some Wave 7 folks got their build date. Can you tell me if/when we will get VIN #'s?

Does that happen via email from Ford? The Dealer? Or can it be found on the ford website?

Thanks all
About half [21]the folks on my tracker who registered as 6/14 wave [40], have been assigned a Build Week between 8/8 & 9/19, the other half should be assigned a week in the next few weeks, there is still plenty of capacity in these weeks based on prior week volumes

OP
OP

beerhoffman

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 SR built
Occupation
Accountant
About half [21]the folks on my tracker who registered as 6/14 wave [40], have been assigned a Build Week between 8/8 & 9/19, the other half should be assigned a week in the next few weeks, there is still plenty of capacity in these weeks based on prior week volumes
Thanks - got any thoughts on when/how the VIN is delivered?

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Thanks - got any thoughts on when/how the VIN is delivered?
Emails have been suppressed lately which would carry the VIN, so folks are resorting to HTML decoding to find it in the hidden page code, the VIN is detectable after the build week is assigned.

Easiest way is to talk to your dealer the day you notice on your order page that a build week has been assigned, then they can trace internal systems to give your your VIN and WBDO 4-digit order number if you don't already have it (on your build sheet)

My Vehicles

OP
OP

beerhoffman

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 SR built
Occupation
Accountant
Emails have been suppressed lately which would carry the VIN, so folks are resorting to HTML decoding to find it in the hidden page code, the VIN is detectable after the build week is assigned.

Easiest way is to talk to your dealer the day you notice on your order page that a build week has been assigned, then they can trace internal systems to give your your VIN and WBDO 4-digit order number if you don't already have it (on your build sheet)

My Vehicles
Awesome, thank you!

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Very minor but my order number starts with "L". 4-character, not 4-digit. ;) Just FYI.
POINT TAKEN, some start with or end with alphabetic characters as well
Sponsored