• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

How Do I Use The EA Credit

FirstF150InCasco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Sorry to ask such a basic question, but I've got over 400 kWh in EA credit in my Ford Pass but I don't know how to use it. I assume I do NOT use it in the EA app (or am I wrong?) Can someone give step-by-step instructions on how to use the EA credit? Thank you.
Sponsored

carys98

First Name
Cary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat SR
In the FordPass app go to the Vehicle tab click on Charging and then select the Blue Oval tile. On that screen turn on Plug and Charge. When you go to an EA charger just plug it in and it should connect and use the credit in your account. You can also start the charge from the screen in the truck but you can’t use the credit with the EA app.

When you use Plug and Charge the screen on the dispenser will say Welcome Driver instead of using your name.

Ford F-150 Lightning How Do I Use The EA Credit IMG_0261

Last edited by a moderator:

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
You can also activate the charger from the FordPass app.

OP
OP
FirstF150InCasco

FirstF150InCasco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
In the FordPass app go to the Vehicle tab click on Charging and then select the Blue Oval tile. On that screen turn on Plug and Charge. When you go to an EA charger just plug it in and it should connect and use the credit in your account. You can also start the charge from the screen in the truck but you can’t use the credit with the EA app.

When you use Plug and Charge the screen on the dispenser will say Welcome Driver instead of using your name.

IMG_0261.jpeg
Thank you. I had tried to search in the Forum for an existing thead which explained this so clearly, but I obviously didn't do a proper search. I've "cut and pasted" your advice into my phone. Thanks again.

Sponsored

marlin1060

First Name
Mearl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat ER

IMG_0261.jpeg
It's been a bit since I did it, but do you have to activate the BlueOval Charge Network in Connected Services first?

4Reeley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lariat
I cannot figure out the precise steps to activate it from the app. If you can provide them, that would be great.
Select Map icon in FordPass (lower right on iOS), find/select your charger location, select the specific charging unit (usually identified on the cabinet or screen), select Activate in the app, then follow the instructions in the app and/or charger.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
Open app. Select "Activate Chargers" on home page.

Sponsored

Ekiehn

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning
I found I had to use the app once to get it to start using the credit... I actually did it twice on a road trip just to be sure... after that when I plug n charged it just used my credit up..

OP
OP
FirstF150InCasco

FirstF150InCasco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
I found I had to use the app once to get it to start using the credit... I actually did it twice on a road trip just to be sure... after that when I plug n charged it just used my credit up..
Thank you. There are no EA sites in Maine near where I'm at. When I return to Boston in a week, I'll drive to the closes EA site and test things. I really should us up the credit.
Sponsored