• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

I got my turn to order,... however...

thevofl

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Antimatter Blue F-150 Platinum
Occupation
Math
So I received my request to order. Up until now, I have been excited for this moment. But now, I am not sure. I ordered an ICE Platinum F150 in May '21 and then placed a reservation for a Lightning in 7/21, thinking I will get my ICE and then a year or so later would trade it in for the Lightning.

I did finally receive my ICE Platinum a few months ago (19 months after ordering), stripped of some key features that meant a lot to me, and of course a lot of drama between Ford, my dealer, and me.

So I am wondering do I want to go through the ordering process again? I want an EV. I love driving my 150..

To all you I have a simple question, "Would you do it again?" And "Would you get the same configuration?"

Your insight would be appreciated.
Sponsored

xwing

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning
Yes! The power and instant torque is amazing. The frunk is very useful for trips to the grocery store. Our local Kroger has free charging, so my trip to the store doesn't cost me any "fuel". I have the SR battery and would like to have had the ER, but for 10K and then no tax credit its a non starter. For my use case, SR seems to be fine. The most I have driven in a single day was 157 miles. Hopefully it will hold value like the ICE F-150.

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
I had a 2021 Lariat when my Lightning Lariat came in. If I had to make that same decision now, instead of last October, I think I would have kept my 2021.

I love my Lightning. But with the raised price, decontented features and loss of tax credit on my ER truck, I couldn't justify it. Especially with used prices cratering.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
With all the deleted features, and no tax credit, I have not placed my order.

Henry Ford

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning
My 2022 Platinum doesn't have any deletes. If I hadn't picked it up when I did - it was a mannequin that still qualified for the tax break - I'd probably still be waiting until I could get exactly what I wanted.

My wife has declared her next vehicle will have massaging seats and a keypad and I kind of agree with her. Once you've decided to spend a certain amount of money on something you don't want to compromise. My 2¢

Sponsored

Toby57

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F-150 XL 101A
Occupation
retired
So I received my request to order. Up until now, I have been excited for this moment. But now, I am not sure. I ordered an ICE Platinum F150 in May '21 and then placed a reservation for a Lightning in 7/21, thinking I will get my ICE and then a year or so later would trade it in for the Lightning.

I did finally receive my ICE Platinum a few months ago (19 months after ordering), stripped of some key features that meant a lot to me, and of course a lot of drama between Ford, my dealer, and me.

So I am wondering do I want to go through the ordering process again? I want an EV. I love driving my 150..

To all you I have a simple question, "Would you do it again?" And "Would you get the same configuration?"

Your insight would be appreciated.
Maybe you are letting your desire for an ev push aside your common since.

rdr854

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Volvo V90, 22 Ford F150 Lightning, 23 Outback
You have to decide what you want. Do you really care about the deleted features? In my case, no (with the exception of the heated steering wheel, which I understand will be retrofitted at a later date). Scales, bed camera and modem don’t make a hill of beans for the way I use my 2022 truck. I have ordered a 23 truck, not that I plan to take it - but only as a hedge if things were to go sideways for some reason with my 2022.

Tony Burgh

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired
Sounds like Ford’s supply chain woes are shaking out the enthusiasts and moving back to the work truck people.
BTW - I saw my 4th Lightning work truck on Smallman street yesterday. I have yet to see other Lightnings although there are several in the Pittsburgh area.

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
I think those that got a '22 in any trim that were fully equipped (not missing features) and before price increases got the best deal.

It helped in 2022 that the tax credit applied to more '22 priced trims.

Looking at the '23 with missing features and an increase in price does not appeal to me.

Sponsored

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
I realize how lucky I am to get a '22 with no deletes, better pricing and rebates. If my number came up today I would be walking. If you can be happy for 24 months there will be several options to chose from - including a different Ford and pressure on prices.

meow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER; 2024 Hyundai Ioniq 5 SEL
I’ve had mine since July and I’d happily say that despite everything (and there’s a lot) that bugs me about it, I would do it again in a heartbeat if the price and features were the same. I really really like the Antimatter Blue but there’s a part of me that feels I should have chosen the red. I can’t think of anything else I’d consider changing during customization unless there was a Raptor option 😁

OP
OP
thevofl

thevofl

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Math
You have to decide what you want. Do you really care about the deleted features? In my case, no (with the exception of the heated steering wheel, which I understand will be retrofitted at a later date). Scales, bed camera and modem don’t make a hill of beans for the way I use my 2022 truck. I have ordered a 23 truck, not that I plan to take it - but only as a hedge if things were to go sideways for some reason with my 2022.
The thing that gets me is that I am concerned about the future deleted features. Part of the reason I went with the Platinum ICE was to get the max recline active motion seats. The other stuff was a bonus. But they pulled that feature away from me one year after my initial order went through. I couldn't drop down to a Lariat without incurring all the price increases, which I wound up getting zinged for anyways.

Am I getting this right? As of right now, the features that have been removed are: heated steering wheel, bed camera, scales, and modem? Weren't the scales tied to the continuous controlled damping (CCD)? Is the CCD gone too? That is a very noticeable feature on my ICE Platinum.

I thank you for your insight.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
Also lost the advanced security system and contoured seats.

OP
OP
thevofl

thevofl

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Math
Maybe you are letting your desire for an ev push aside your common since.
It's that whole emotion versus logic argument. And I think you are right.
Sponsored