• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

How do I order the Pro once it's my turn???

quincyg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
I have my reservation from day one. I have no expectations in terms of invite date. I assume it will be a long wait. My question is what will the process be when my invitation arrives. It sounds like there has been no way to order a pro. Does anyone have any insight on how to order the advertised base model once the invite arrives?
I can't believe how opaque and misleading this whole process is.
All the marketing is still talking about the sub $40k lighting, but Ford made almost none of these available.
Ford reps if you're reading this, can you please provide some clarity? How will I be able to order $40k Pro I got in line for on day one?
Sponsored

RavenYZF-R6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma
When you are invited to order you get to choose which trim. The order button will pop up on your main reservations page next to the “view” button. Not inside the actual F150 Lightning reservation specific page. Click on Pro. Build it. Submit order. That easy. When the trim runs out it will show “sold out” or “unavailable” and then you defer or order a different trim. There are pics floating around of the order page showing them sold out.

OP
OP

quincyg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Unfortunately that doesn't really give me a way to actually order a pro. There needs to be a way to order a pro even if "sold out". Is there no way to get on the waitlist to order a pro, or am I essentially out of luck after waiting a year or so and the pro is not "available"?
This should be like a normal ordering process for any other item I have bought in my life. "The item is backordered we will notify you when your item is available".

RavenYZF-R6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma
Your reservation is the waitlist and you are on it. When 2023 order opens up in a few months we will know more about how many Pros ford will allow to be ordered and invite people accordingly.

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150L Pro, Rivian R1T, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass
Unfortunately that doesn't really give me a way to actually order a pro. There needs to be a way to order a pro even if "sold out". Is there no way to get on the waitlist to order a pro, or am I essentially out of luck after waiting a year or so and the pro is not "available"?
This should be like a normal ordering process for any other item I have bought in my life. "The item is backordered we will notify you when your item is available".
A $40k truck already doesn't exist. My initial configuration contained zero options, free paint, etc. The truck is already $41,669 after you add destination. My state also has no sales tax on EVs. Out the door, my price was $43,000 due to destination, registration fees, dealer/documentation fees - with no ADM - bare bones.

If you want better chances of getting a Pro, you may need to switch your order to another dealer that has more allocation or less demand. (Maybe find the most rural Ford dealer with zero fast charging within 100 miles?)

As for when your invite actually arrives, the process is identical. I have a Pro on order and went through all the menus. It made no difference if I was ordering a Pro, XLT, Lariat, or Platinum. They all operated the same. My dealer also did not care when I spoke to them. The difference doesn't come in until they sell out in which case you'll lose the option to build it as such.

As for the "waitlist" the way seems to be to continue extending your reservation. When it's your turn, you'll be given the option to order a Pro if it's available. If it's not, you simply pass and extend your reservation until the next model year. Rinse and repeat.

Sponsored

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
When you get invited to order, if your trim is not available, you can EXTEND your reservation so that when it becomes available, you can order then.

To increase your chance of receiving an order invitation, ask around your Ford dealers of how many total MY'22 Lightning allocations they received. The more they received, the better odds to use that dealer to get an invite.

OP
OP

quincyg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Ok. That makes sense. I guess I will most likely extending my order. I imagine they will be raising the price on the next model year. Hopefully there will be some other options coming out soon. I just need a basic truck that can tow 7k locally.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
There are many folks from Wave-1 to 6 in the Model Year 2022 who also chose to extend, they will come ahead of you when the ordering bank for model year 2023 opens, we don't know how many will be available, but hopefully FoMoCO sets production goals to cover the majority of folks expectations, that's why the dealers were asked to survey customers still waiting for preferences.

Hopefully when ever you get the chance to place your order they will have a PRO available for you!

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Smart Ass
Ok. That makes sense. I guess I will most likely extending my order. I imagine they will be raising the price on the next model year. Hopefully there will be some other options coming out soon. I just need a basic truck that can tow 7k locally.
If you’re looking for what I call a Home Depot truck, your best bet might be picking up a used on 3-4 years from now. It’ll be far cheaper than staying on the waitlist as the price creeps up every year.

An EV truck with 100,000 miles on it right now will carry the 6 digit mileage stigma without a lot of the high mileage headaches. The biggest issue is battery degradation, but that won’t be a concern locally as you’ll be short distance and low speed.

For reference my 100,000 mileTesla still has 90% of its original battery capacity.

OP
OP

quincyg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Yes I will definitely be factoring everything in once the time comes. I would really like to have an electric work vehicle. Not many options right now.

Sponsored

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
Yes I will definitely be factoring everything in once the time comes. I would really like to have an electric work vehicle. Not many options right now.
Did you get your reservation in for the upcoming GM Silverado WT EV truck ?

I did - first 3 minutes - $100 reservation deposit down for a base EV WT.

OP
OP

quincyg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
No I missed the boat on that one. Added it to my calendar and then forgot all about it.

PV2EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Chevy Volt, 2006 Kubota L39, 2006 Suzuki Eige
The Pro is likely close to a loss leader, and the profit on these trucks are from the reuse of higher-end trim parts from the ICE versions. I suspect they will continue to limit volume on them, with a focus on fleet sales.

RonTCat

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
The Pro is likely close to a loss leader, and the profit on these trucks are from the reuse of higher-end trim parts from the ICE versions. I suspect they will continue to limit volume on them, with a focus on fleet sales.
Pro is 20% of production. Unfortunately, there is extremely high fleet and retail demand for Pro. Most people that come to the forum to vent about availability are just caught up in the high demand situation.

Good luck getting that $40K Silverado, lol...

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Smart Ass
Pro is 20% of production. Unfortunately, there is extremely high fleet and retail demand for Pro. Most people that come to the forum to vent about availability are just caught up in the high demand situation.

Good luck getting that $40K Silverado, lol...
With time, people will also realize they don’t really want a Pro. The F-150XL for the longest time started “Under $30,000” and I can’t recall the last time I saw one driven..really at all.

Retail customers weren’t buying them in droves. There’s plenty of opportunity for Ford (once established) to further de-content the Pro to make it more commercial focused and increase profits and/or drive demand to a higher XLT trim.

For anyone who’s upset about missing out on a Pro. Go test drive a ICE XL with vinyl seats and compare it to an XLT. Then ask yourself if you’d take a XL. Is the answer is of course, then you’re in the Pro market. If you’re finding the seats are just a tad uncomfortable, the seating position isn’t quite right, wondering if you’ll be too hot/cold on the vinyl, wishing it had a sunroof, think it’ll be better with power adjustable pedals, not quite fond of the vehicle without a light bar, or without body colored bumpers…etc etc. The Pro isn’t for you.

As a Pro holder there have been numerous occasions where I wondered if I should have stepped up or if I’ll end upgetting back in line to trade out of the Pro and into a Lariat.

For now this was supposed to be a dipping of the toe. The fastest, cheapest way to get these out was to keep them similar enough. It turned out the warmer is the perfect temperature for Ford. They're all in now, and I think they’ll make them..if you want them. I just don’t think most want them as much as they think they do.
Sponsored