• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

INTERMITTENT "Powertrain Malfunction/Reduced Power" Warning with no actual reduction in power...

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired

invertedspear

Threads
Reaction score
Website
lightningcalcs.pages.dev
Vehicles
Antimatter Blue XLT (312A) ER, 2004 Jeep TJ
They told me to come back when the service icon is on, and they could fix it with a software update (the 23B57 BECM, see screenshot on the ford.com website), though for some reason it could take up to 8 hours.
Dealership is yanking your chain so they don't have to do the work and hoping you get it via OTA before you get frustrated enough to start demanding it, my dealer is doing the same. It's a pretty good sign you want to find another dealer service center. The update is a CSP and should have been installed before you took delivery. 8 hours is just them padding their estimate because service departments are terrible when it comes to the customer experience.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Dealership is yanking your chain so they don't have to do the work and hoping you get it via OTA before you get frustrated enough to start demanding it, my dealer is doing the same. It's a pretty good sign you want to find another dealer service center. The update is a CSP and should have been installed before you took delivery. 8 hours is just them padding their estimate because service departments are terrible when it comes to the customer experience.
I’ll add that the software update will likely not fix the error messages he’s seeing. If anything, those changes make the modules sensing detect smaller variances. A couple people who had problem-free trucks reported getting these messages soon after 23B57 was applied. It’s likely that he needs one or more battery modules replaced, which should get diagnosed by the dealer if the full 23B57 procedure is followed correctly.

OP
OP
chanmnb

chanmnb

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Lightning F-150 XLT SR 2023
I’ll add that the software update will likely not fix the error messages he’s seeing. If anything, those changes make the modules sensing detect smaller variances. A couple people who had problem-free trucks reported getting these messages soon after 23B57 was applied. It’s likely that he needs one or more battery modules replaced, which should get diagnosed by the dealer if the full 23B57 procedure is followed correctly.
Maquis - you are right. I took it into the dealership 2 weeks ago and they are doing the battery module replacement this week (it took some time to get the right parts). In the meantime they hooked me up with a ICE F-150 Platinum as a rental. It's kind of interesting, I MUCH prefer driving my XLT Lightning over the ICE Platinum -- smoother ride, faster and more responsive acceleration, frunk, power outlets, etc. etc...

Of course the situation is still not ideal, but fingers crossed it gets done by end of week and I'm back to my Lightning.
Sponsored