• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

iOS 17 update loses turn by turn display?

LightningMcqueen

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150, 2021 Bronco Sport
Occupation
Engineer
Has anyone else noticed that using Apple Maps in CarPlay no long shows navigation on the display behind steering wheel?

it in prior iOS.
Sponsored

Refactoringdr

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 2023 Lightning Platinum (ER)
Still works for me, although I did see a case where the turn displayed on the instrument cluster was 1 turn ahead/behind the actual turn. Quitting the route and restarting it fixed that.

Arrington.LCA

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Yes, I've been on the iOS17 developer beta for a few months, and a couple weeks ago I notice issues where the turn arrows don't display (vacant area with nothing in it) on the drivers instrument cluster. Other times over the last few weeks it will be one direction/turn behind what is showing on the main 15" display. Apple maps displays correctly on the main display always, so I've had to double check what is being shown on the instrument cluster.

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150L Pro, Rivian R1T, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass
Has anyone else noticed that using Apple Maps in CarPlay no long shows navigation on the display behind steering wheel?

it in prior iOS.
No issues for me today. Showed turn by turn in the middle of the dash and my watch still buzzes when it’s time to turn. All 3 were updated today, phone, watch, and truck.

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Should still work, I’ve been on iOS 17 for a couple of months

Sponsored

luebri

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' F150 Lightning (Lariat ER), 22' Pathfinder SL
Surprised by the Apple Maps users. I do enjoy the driver display integration, but still have it down the list for my Nav use. I just can’t part with the police detection.

Even as a diehard Apple user…

My Nav choices.
1) Waze
2.9) Google maps
3.1) Apple Maps
4) Ford

Maybe if apples ev charging route planning works intelligently (unlike Fords) I’ll switch. I do like the progress Apple has been making and it’s by far the best looking!

Jim Lewis

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Accord 2017; 2023 Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired
My Nav choices.
1) Waze
I use Waze, too. No problem with turn-by-turn displays and there is probably a much larger crowd-sourcing of police presence and road hazards and perhaps real-time traffic as that is crowd-sourced, too, at least in part. In Waze, from Wazer reports, it's usually quite easy to see the extent of a tie-up ahead of you and consider whether it's really worth alternative routing, etc.

luebri

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' F150 Lightning (Lariat ER), 22' Pathfinder SL
I use Waze, too. No problem with turn-by-turn displays and there is probably a much larger crowd-sourcing of police presence and road hazards and perhaps real-time traffic as that is crowd-sourced, too, at least in part. In Waze, from Wazer reports, it's usually quite easy to see the extent of a tie-up ahead of you and consider whether it's really worth alternative routing, etc.
Yep, been a fan since before google bought them and they have been stronger since. Basically google maps with the crowd sourced layer on top. It looks outstanding on the big screen! I really can’t fathom using an Auto Manufacturers Nav system. Although in comparison to some of my previous exposure to automaker Nav systems Fords is good. Not on Teslas level from my understanding though.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
OP, look at your My View settings screen is it showing the check box for Driver Assistance turned on?

Arrington.LCA

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Yes, I've been on the iOS17 developer beta for a few months, and a couple weeks ago I notice issues where the turn arrows don't display (vacant area with nothing in it) on the drivers instrument cluster. Other times over the last few weeks it will be one direction/turn behind what is showing on the main 15" display. Apple maps displays correctly on the main display always, so I've had to double check what is being shown on the instrument cluster.
Picture from yesterday when it was behind by one step from what Apple Maps was showing.
Ford F-150 Lightning iOS 17 update loses turn by turn display? IMG_2133
Sponsored