• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Is this a scam, if so, what’s the scam? $32K for a fully loaded Lariat ER with 8K miles…

OP
OP

Wsh68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER, Tesla Model Y
Is this post a scam ?
Nexuszipwebstores ? With a name like that I'm not clicking on any links and definitely not trying to buy a truck from them.
I’ll do a screenshot since I’m already down this rabbit hole.

OP
OP

Wsh68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Screenshots. The scam is probably that you ”win” and then wire money off to some untraceable account in the Bahamas.

Ford F-150 Lightning Is this a scam, if so, what’s the scam? $32K for a fully loaded Lariat ER with 8K miles… IMG_4045

Ford F-150 Lightning Is this a scam, if so, what’s the scam? $32K for a fully loaded Lariat ER with 8K miles… IMG_4044

Ford F-150 Lightning Is this a scam, if so, what’s the scam? $32K for a fully loaded Lariat ER with 8K miles… IMG_4046

Sponsored

Grease Lightning

First Name
Johnathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning XLT
It is telling that the Carfax report is approaching a year old…..some fool and their money will soon be parting.

PreservedSwine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning
The auction has a pretty good reputation from the two minute Internet search I just thoroughly completed. . I suspect it could be legit. You can simply drive there, it’s in a big city if you’re worried about it, looks like somebody bought it already anyway

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150L Pro, Rivian R1T, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass
Screenshots. The scam is probably that you ”win” and then wire money off to some untraceable account in the Bahamas.

IMG_4045.jpeg

IMG_4044.jpeg

IMG_4046.jpeg
THIS… is how Doug Demuro starts his YouTube videos and subsequently lists vehicles for sale on cars and bids.com

THIS...is also the listing for the truck when it sold for $67k last year.

https://carsandbids.com/auctions/KVG05Qg0/2022-ford-f-150-lightning-lariat

THIS...may or may not be a scam....but it is most definitely a scam.

You can see in the comments of the listing this truck has been making its rounds on different sites as well. Another such site: Reposmaxcomp

Requesting moderators (tag @TaxmanHog) to at least delink the site in the original post.

Last edited:

Sponsored

invertedspear

Threads
Reaction score
Website
lightningcalcs.pages.dev
Vehicles
Antimatter Blue XLT (312A) ER, 2004 Jeep TJ
Your screen shot shows it ended today, but today it ends tomorrow, false sense of urgency, pretty indicative of a scam. Or maybe it just hasn't been getting any bids so it auto extends.

It claims to be a repo auction, which could be true. Repo auctions don't really care what they sell the vehicle for. If it covers what the rest of the note was, then great, if not, they sue the original note holder for the remainder. If it was repo'd, they also don't care much for how they might damage the vehicle when hooking it up. And you can f up an EV pretty good towing it wrong.

I would not do this without being able to view in person.

Ishkatan

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2006 Dodge Caravan
Copilot says:

You
Is nexuszipwebstores.com a legitimate company and are there complaints against it?

Copilot
Usingthe web
Based on the information available, nexuszipwebstores.com appears to be highly suspicious. Here are some key points to consider:
  1. Trust Score: The website has a low trust score of 2.7 out of 100 according to the Scam Detector algorithm1. This low score suggests that the site may not be reputable.
  2. Risk Factors:
    • Young Website: Nexuszipwebstores.com is relatively new, which can be a red flag.
    • Phishing Score: The website received a high phishing score of 72 out of 100, indicating potential fraudulent activity.
    • Malware Score: It also has a malware score of 62 out of 100, which raises concerns about security.
    • Spam Score: The site’s spam score is 25 out of 100, further indicating potential issues.
  3. Domain Creation Date: The domain was created on April 11, 20241. Its recent creation date adds to the suspicion.
  4. Blacklist Status: Nexuszipwebstores.com is not detected by any blacklist engine1. However, this alone does not guarantee legitimacy.
  5. HTTPS Connection: The website has a valid HTTPS connection1, which is a positive sign but doesn’t necessarily prove legitimacy.
  6. Proximity to Suspicious Websites: Nexuszipwebstores.com has a 35 out of 100 rating in terms of proximity to suspicious websites1.
  7. Owner Identity: The owner of the website is using a service to hide their identity on WHOIS, which can be concerning2.
  8. Scamadviser Review: Scamadviser also gave nexuszipwebstores.com a low review, considering factors like reviews on other sites, phishing reports, and public data2.
Given these findings, it’s advisable to exercise caution when dealing with nexuszipwebstores.com.

It continues to suggest checking with the BBB.

Things that make me go Hmmmm.
- I have not seen the Bid price change in the time since I first saw your post. That may mean it is a fake bid price.
- The other cars on the listing are from all over the place. i.e. they don't have possession of the cars.
- There is a known vulnerability in pdf documents that may allow exploiting older .pdf readers. Make sure you open the .pdf with the latest software updates for your reader. A Norton scan of the .pdf did not indicate any issues, but they may not be checking it completely.
- Old saying: If it seems to be too good to be true then it probably is. I would not hand over $$ or info unless I can go see the truck. (BTW, there is no address on the truck listing like there is on some of the other cars.)

Please let us know the process you had to go through if you take the risk and try to get this.

OP
OP

Wsh68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
For clarification….i have no interest in being a bidder nor buyer but trying to figure out the scam angle. Thanks for weighing in all. Fun to read the interpretation and analysis of the hive. Just landed in Hawaii so two weeks of vacation commencing.

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150L Pro, Rivian R1T, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass
For clarification….i have no interest in being a bidder nor buyer but trying to figure out the scam angle. Thanks for weighing in all. Fun to read the interpretation and analysis of the hive. Just landed in Hawaii so two weeks of vacation commencing.
Scam angle is…

1) Registration to bid, they’ll harvest some of your information from there. Whether it’s email, name, address, or hoping you reuse your password.

2) Payment. Congrats, you win because there’s no other real bidders. They can also withdraw the previous bid making you the winner. You now need to provide a payment form, the deposit is made likely to a fake or compromised account. They take your deposit and run.

3) Payment. When you submit your form of payment, they also collect the info in an effort to reuse it and/or sell it.

4) They can now contact you with your information, even on the heels of the above in an attempt to extract even more money from you. Ie, your deposit didn’t go through or pretend to be someone else altogether.

5) If they’re a bit more bold, contact you for wiring of funds prior to shipment of the car. You may even get a fake bill of sale.

Those are only some examples..

Formerly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Lightning 2022
Occupation
Construction Estimation
Last edited: