• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Issues with trucks delivered recently (modem/OTA)?

Leroyjac75

First Name
Leroy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Platinum
Anyone else having similar issues like what this video describes regarding modem and auto updates?
Yes. I had this problem after the 4.11 update. I pulled the fuse for the telematics module, no change. I disconnected the 12v battery for a few minutes, and when I reconnected the truck began communicating again. The frunk would not operate after I connected the battery - just beeped at me. I manually pulled the frunk down then opened again now the frunk works fine. I lost blue cruise however I suspect it also timed out.

aside from these issues are fixed.
Sponsored

Bkinger

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
I took delivery of mine about 2 weeks ago. Last week, it just stopped connecting to FordPass. None of the FordPass functions work and the mileage and battery info hasn’t updated in days. Anyone have a similar issue?

Nick503955

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat, 2021 Tesla Model Y
I took delivery of mine about 2 weeks ago. Last week, it just stopped connecting to FordPass. None of the FordPass functions work and the mileage and battery info hasn’t updated in days. Anyone have a similar issue?
Yes, I had the same issue. It sounds like it is the modem that needs to be rebooted. I just fixed this by using a 10mm wrench to remove the negative battery terminal, wait 30 seconds, then reconnect.

Ford says we should expect an update in February to fix this.

ofcrnigel

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariet
My truck went down about 12 hours ago. Removing the black terminal from the battery did the trick.

Bkinger

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
Yes, I had the same issue. It sounds like it is the modem that needs to be rebooted. I just fixed this by using a 10mm wrench to remove the negative battery terminal, wait 30 seconds, then reconnect.

Ford says we should expect an update in February to fix this.
mine randomly fixed itself overnight. I planned on disconnecting the battery this morning but everything is working normally again. All FordPass functions available, etc

Sponsored

JonS

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S Plaid, Tesla Model X, F150 Lightning
mine randomly fixed itself overnight. I planned on disconnecting the battery this morning but everything is working normally again. All FordPass functions available, etc
Mine dropped off overnight as well. Interesting that they are calling out a fix in February. Saved me a wait on the support line!

OGC

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Explorer 745i Ram Penigale Roadglide
No updates for me, but it seems I have the latest known software. Just picked it up last Friday, out of town at the moment. Everything is working fine <knock wood>.

Did have some modem/ FordPass issue when I took delivery. Couldn't get FordPass to connect and activate with the truck, dealership people and I tried all the onboard resets and any tricks they could think of. Had to call and the FordPass support person said something needed to be reset on their end. She did whatever that was and had me refresh the app, then it all worked. Got my BlueCruise ready notification and all that within a minute or two.

...only have 1000 miles on the truck so far. Long way to go still.
Do you have the number for the Fordpass support? Took delivery on Saturday and still having issues with Fordpass.

Thanks in advance

Monkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Lightning, Tesla Model Y, and more...
Occupation
Semi-retired electrical/computer/software engineer
Do you have the number for the Fordpass support? Took delivery on Saturday and still having issues with Fordpass.

Thanks in advance
In your FordPass app, go to your account page. Scroll down to the bottom to the help button. It then gives you the option to contact support via chat or to call them. I actually used both over the course of getting my truck connected.

ddaputnam

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 Energi, 23 Lightning XLT
I haven't seen an update, yet. My display says no updates are available.

Sad to hear about the issues. I wonder if it wouldn't be better to reduce the level of customization on these vehicles. Fewer surprises on delivery, less confusion on what options are supposed to appear, economies of scale that could reduce the cost of providing consistent options across production, etc.
I got the automatic update a week ago, now there is an issue with ford pass and departure settings aren’t working

Jhawks9028

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F150 Lightning
Occupation
Consultant
I'm 5 weeks in and zero updates. All I know is 3.5.2 failed at all attempts to install before I bought it. I'd take any tips or tricks. I am signed up for early access too.
Purchased the truck in November and finally got 3.5.2 to stick today. The truck tried to update twice before, failed, and then...crickets. The update notification went away, and nothing happened for weeks on end. It randomly came up as available again this morning and it worked this time. No rhyme or reason why this was the right time...

Sponsored

MidniteMayor

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Platinum
I saw this tonight on Ford.com -> Support -> Technical Service Information page after searching using my VIN - 2023 Platinum
TECHNICAL SERVICE BULLETIN
Inoperative FordPass With DTCs U0146:09, U2402:00, And/Or U2402:92 - Built On Or Before 13-Dec-2022
23-2050
10 February 2023
Model:
Ford
2023 F-150 Lightning
Built on or before 13-Dec-2022
Issue: Some 2023 F-150 Lightning vehicles built on or before 13-Dec-2022 may experience an inoperative FordPass application, inoperative remote start and/or inoperative remote lock and unlock that may be combined with diagnostic trouble codes (DTC) U0146:09 stored in the telematics control unit (TCU) and U2402:00 and/or U2402:92 stored in the gateway module (GWM). This may be due to the software level in the TCU. To correct the condition, follow the Service Procedure to update the TCU to the latest software level via a coordinated flash.
Action: Follow the Service Procedure to correct the condition on vehicles that meet all of the following criteria:

• 2023 F-150 Lightning
• Built on or before 13-Dec-2022
• At least one of the following conditions:
- Inoperative FordPass application
- Inoperative remote start
- Inoperative remote lock and unlock
- DTC U0146:09 stored in the TCU
- DTCs U2402:00 and/or U2402:92 stored in the GWM

HaroldCal

First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2x F150L MY2023 (1 Plat, 1 Lariat)
Occupation
IT
I saw this tonight on Ford.com -> Support -> Technical Service Information page after searching using my VIN - 2023 Platinum
TECHNICAL SERVICE BULLETIN
Inoperative FordPass With DTCs U0146:09, U2402:00, And/Or U2402:92 - Built On Or Before 13-Dec-2022
23-2050
10 February 2023
Model:
Ford
2023 F-150 Lightning
Built on or before 13-Dec-2022
Issue: Some 2023 F-150 Lightning vehicles built on or before 13-Dec-2022 may experience an inoperative FordPass application, inoperative remote start and/or inoperative remote lock and unlock that may be combined with diagnostic trouble codes (DTC) U0146:09 stored in the telematics control unit (TCU) and U2402:00 and/or U2402:92 stored in the gateway module (GWM). This may be due to the software level in the TCU. To correct the condition, follow the Service Procedure to update the TCU to the latest software level via a coordinated flash.
Action: Follow the Service Procedure to correct the condition on vehicles that meet all of the following criteria:
Finally! My truck is at the shop for this issue right now. Hopefully they are looped in on this, and will get it resolved. They have had my truck for 2 weeks. I'm getting tired of putting gas in this rental while paying insurance and registration on my truck that I can't drive.

256fail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150 311A XLT
Occupation
Pilot
Finally! My truck is at the shop for this issue right now. Hopefully they are looped in on this, and will get it resolved. They have had my truck for 2 weeks. I'm getting tired of putting gas in this rental while paying insurance and registration on my truck that I can't drive.
Keep us updated on what they end up doing. I'm having the intermittent modem issue/ FP not updating. I don't want to take it in and have it sit for weeks until they have a handle on what they need to do.

MidniteMayor

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Platinum
It took dealership 3 days but they finally were able to get the GWM, APIM & TCU updates related to the TSB to update. The service notes indicate they did see one of the DTC failure codes related to the TSB. It appears they updated the sync software as well as I am seeing the new user interface. Typically it took 4-5 days for the connectivity issue to occur so I will give it a week and report back.

LOV

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150 2015 SuperCab FX4, 2.7L Ecoboost
Occupation
Climate Aware Livin Coach
My 2023 Lariate received the 4.1.1 update back on 1/24/23; but, nothing since. I unplugged the fuse to reboot the modem and that didn't prompt any updates. My modem and FP are working as best I can tell. I am thankful of that, and I feel for those having problems with them.

So, with growing impatience to have 4.1.2, I just called the Ford Over-The-Air (OTA) team at (833) 926-3233 (as reccomended on the 1st page of this thread). The Tech (A friendly and empathetic guy named Don) confirmed my VIN and identity, then went off and did some checking on his end.

Don came back and confirmed my modem is working, AND that there have been no failed updates since the last successful one in January. He then explained, that the updates are sent out in waves, and that I must just wait for mine.

I explained that I was getting impatient and I want the OTA service that I was promised from Ford to work effectively, and in my opinion, more than a month delay, when I know some customers are getting 4.1.2, and 4.1.3, due to some so-called wave roll-out program, is not an effective way to run OTA! 🤯

Don offered to escalate my “case” so that someone from “management" would contact me in a day or two and see if they can resolve my “issue". I will report back with results of the escalation if/when it happens.

Meanwhile, I will be unnecessarily taking my eyes of the road for the complex multi-step menu controls to adjust HVAC and seat heat and to turn on the camera...

Still loving my fossil fuel-free truck, though! 😀
Sponsored