• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Modem stopped working.....then worked with a weird possible fix

Pod

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 AMB Lightning XLT SR
Just talked to Ford Gateway Module issue. Searched around a bit and do not see much. What say ye? Of course big trip tomorrow…perfect timing.

Maineiac

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC 60, F150 Lightning (ordered wave 7)
Mine was fixed ever since 4.2.2.2 and all the sudden stopped working again on 5/7.

MLMcConnell

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Extended Range (Lariat)
[UPDATE 2/4/23]
No luck in anyone else replicating my experience below. BUT people have consistently fixed the issue by disconnecting the battery or even better, by pulling fuse 32 in the passenger kick area. This resets the modem.

[ORIGINAL]
Hi, just a quick note that the modem in my 2023 suddenly stopped working six days ago.

I can tell it's not working because the up/down arrow icon isn't there in the top right corner of the big screen, FordPass does not get updated and can't talk to the truck, and the connected services settings would not open up.

The weird thing is I swear it's correlated with using the keypad to open the truck which I rarely do but did on that day (6 days ago) for some reason. I didn't notice it immediately, but a few days later noticed that the modem was not working.

To fix it I tried two things:

- turning off the car while leaving the driver door open for 30+ seconds. No idea why this would do anything, but someone in another forum said it might reset something.

- unlocking/relocking the door several times from the keypad. Finally, locking with the keypad, then unlocking the normal comfort access way.

The modem showed up RIGHT AWAY after doing the above two things after 6 days of not working. It could be a coincidence, but I didn't do anything else.

Maybe this will help someone else. I'd be curious if anyone else with this issue fixes it with the above steps.
Dude...you're the best. I freakin' love this forum. It's already saved me two trips to the dealership and Lord only knows how much aggravation with that mess. I had this very same problem. Tried everything I knew how to do, including spending 30 minutes on the phone with FordPass support who eventually gave up and told me to take my car to the dealership. So...I took a gamble, pulled fuse 32 on the passenger side, left it out for about 30 seconds, and viola...worked like a charm. Modem immediately came back on line, all Connected Services were once again visible, and I was able to reactivate my Lightning without all the hassle. Thanks so much!

M. McConnell

Sponsored

Old Aviator

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning Platinum 06 Magnum SRT8 23 Ocean One
Occupation
Consultant
So I was not getting updates and I also could not change charge settings with Ford Pass app while constantly getting a Ford Pass not available message. Because I needed to charge immediately for a trip I disconnnected Ford Pass and did a vehicle reset. In addition an update had been showing and partially complete for 2 weeks. So I charged up to 100% using truck settings. I reinstalled Ford Pass and logged into my account and got immediate need to Activate Ford Pass. Failed to active many times. Called Ford Pass and was told they could not see the Modem. After and hour with them no success. I also disconnected battery and when that didn’t work pulled Fuse 32. Finally called dealer and luckily got appointment in less than a week. In the shop since Thursday and I got message from ford I needed to reactivate of lose my Blue Oval account. In the process of resolving that issue I did find that the the dealer had been able to reactivate the modem since the Ford Pass tech could see it. Dealer has advised they are doing a new software install which may take 12 hours or more.

My point is I wasted 10 days putting the vehicle on trickle charger and making sure I parked in high signal areas where I went out. I should have called Ford Pass hotline to discuss the hung update which would have resulted in idenfying the loss of modem far earlier and would have allowed me to do all those battery disconnects and fuse 32 tricks earlier than I did. In my case the only resolution was take it to dealer.

The only good thing is the modem issue did not affect drivability in any way just an inconvenience which is actually a good piece of information to find out. Essentially no PAAK and having to control charging in the truck with no ability to schedule were the features I could not use.

Mache_Enrique

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MachE GT, 2023 Lightning, 2018 Subaru WRX STI
Occupation
Finance
Just wanted to write some love for the forum too!!! I am only 4 months into Lightning ownership (but had a MachE for 2 years so not my first Ford EV rodeo). I appreciate this forum so much (as I did with the MachE).

Symptoms were: The "connected services" would not come up (when you click the menu item in "Connectivity" all the toggles were gone) and automatic updates turned off (and you could not toggle it back on) on the Software Updates Screen. The "up/down" arrows were not showing (though the "cell bars" would show up for a bit). Not to mention no more talking to FordPass for 2 days.

I tried fuse 9 (cuz I was too lazy to read to the end until just now to know to try fuse 32) and it did not work.

But did the 12V disconnect trick and everything started communicating again. Super kudos to Lighting team for making it stupid easy to access the 12V battery (The MachE is a pain to get to the 12V...I ended up drilling holes and putting in plugs to allow jump access to avoid the painful panel removal).

But all is well again with the Lighting now! (Was on 6.2.0 fwiw).
Sponsored