• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

OTA scheduling issues - Sync keeps forgetting and turns itself off

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
It's been over 5 weeks since the last update (3.1) and there has been no notice to update every time I drover her.

Today I noticed that my entire schedule and automatic update slider were off.

Why would Sync screen turn it off and delete the schedule ?

Anybody have any suggestions ?

I really wanted 3.4 for the improved 1PD.
Sponsored

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
For what it's worth, I never set up any OTA schedule on my 2021 and had no problems downloading the BlueCruise updates. I don't think it really matters unless there is an update that prevents the vehicle from being driven.

Reactions: GDN
OP
OP
metroshot

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Networking Tech
Taking my LIghtning to the dealer to diagnose OTA update issue.

Problem is the service dept does not have an opening for 3 weeks.

frautumn

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lightning Lariat
Today I noticed that my entire schedule and automatic update slider were off.
Same thing has been happening to me. I reset the schedule, click Save, enable automatic update, and then it's turned off the next day when I check it so I go through the process again. Also still on 3.2, so in the same boat as you.

Gimme_my_MME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Engineer
The reason is they are working to correct the OTA issue on your trucks which inadvertently caused this other issue

Sponsored
OP
OP
metroshot

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Networking Tech
Same thing has been happening to me. I reset the schedule, click Save, enable automatic update, and then it's turned off the next day when I check it so I go through the process again. Also still on 3.2, so in the same boat as you.
Well thank you!

I thought I was the only one going crazy.

Even parking outside my garage with a strong WiFi signal does not help get an update....

Will update this thread once I get an appointment with a dealer.

frautumn

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
@metroshot , I got my 3.5.2 update yesterday while driving it. Seems like this update is getting through for everyone, hopefully you got it as well. Not sure how they will get us 3.4 that we missed, hopefully it will come soon.

Gimme_my_MME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
@metroshot , I got my 3.5.2 update yesterday while driving it. Seems like this update is getting through for everyone, hopefully you got it as well. Not sure how they will get us 3.4 that we missed, hopefully it will come soon.
3.5.2 replaced 3.4

OP
OP
metroshot

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Networking Tech
Thanks for letting me know that it can update while you were driving.

I thought these updates came during down time (overnight).

Guess I have to keep driving her more!

frautumn

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
3.5.2 replaced 3.4
From what I read elsewhere on this forum, each "Power up update" contains various module updates. You need to get each one, they are not cumulative (like a normal software app update would be). Others who got the 3.5.2 update say they did not see any difference in 1PD, which they should have if they got 3.4. I haven't tested 1PD yet after getting my 3.5.2 update, will do that later today.

Sponsored

Gimme_my_MME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
From what I read elsewhere on this forum, each "Power up update" contains various module updates. You need to get each one, they are not cumulative (like a normal software app update would be). Others who got the 3.5.2 update say they did not see any difference in 1PD, which they should have if they got 3.4. I haven't tested 1PD yet after getting my 3.5.2 update, will do that later today.
It's a bit more complicated then that unfortunately.

Ford Power up updates can be for a single module or many. So if update A is for APIM and update B is for TCU, then you can get B without A. If update A is APIM and update C is a further APIM update then you could potentially skip A and go right to C and still get the A features, depending on how the update itself was structured. (This is the cumulative bit you were referring to I believe but I think your example was more of if you get update A and C then it does not encompass B since it's a different module, which is generally going to be true).

Now because that isn't complicated enough there are in fact more possible scenarios like 3.5.2. The 3.4 update was stopped and actually incorporated into 3.5.2 as they target the same modules. So if you haven't gotten 3.4 you aren't going to as it became 3.5.2.

Regarding the 1PD aspect, I'm not totally sure to be honest. My best guess is that any difference was so subjective that it's possible that no one has called it out yet. Not everyone who got 3.4 noted a difference to begin with.

OP
OP
metroshot

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Networking Tech
Well surprise me today!

Just got a Ford Pass app notification that my long overdue update was finally received.

Went from 3.2 to 3.5.2 without an intermediary.

Thanks for everyone's insightful data points and encouragement.

Ford F-150 Lightning OTA scheduling issues - Sync keeps forgetting and turns itself off Screenshot 2022-09-13 at 4.46.34 PM
Sponsored