• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Issues with trucks delivered recently (modem/OTA)?

bowdoinhammer

First Name
Monty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Did you do anything before getting the update?
I did unplug the 12v battery for a couple minutes... and then rechecked the connectivity settings and re-connected to wifi. The wifi setting had switched to off and I don't think I did that...

And Blue Cruise is pretty amazing!
Sponsored

Pitbull2o08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 F150 FX4 Ecoboost
No update or blue cruise for me so far.

bewbie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER Rapid Red
I’m on 3.5.4 and haven’t had an update since Nov 1st. I’ve been plugged in and not plugged in. On Wi-Fi and not on Wi-Fi. I can’t figure out what else to do. All my settings are turned on to update at any time.
same as me

Frankis843

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 XLT
Occupation
Ford Guy
I'm 5 weeks in and zero updates. All I know is 3.5.2 failed at all attempts to install before I bought it. I'd take any tips or tricks. I am signed up for early access too.

bewbie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
My truck hasnt received an OTA since buying it over a month ago. Does this indicate a potential problem or am I being impatient/paranoid?

Sponsored

N0v0w3ls

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning
I checked my truck when leaving last night and the Blue Cruise maps had updated! I'm not sure when it happened. I got no notification that an update had been applied so if others are having the same problem, check your map version.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
My truck hasnt received an OTA since buying it over a month ago. Does this indicate a potential problem or am I being impatient/paranoid?
Totally random as to when these updates happen, if your truck is operating normally don't fret, it will come at some point.

Ford F-150 Lightning Issues with trucks delivered recently (modem/OTA)? patience-youn

bewbie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Totally random as to when these updates happen, if your truck is operating normally don't fret, it will come at some point.

patience-young.gif
Come to think of it, my truck came with PAAK operational along with smart hitch and scales in Ford Pass app. I could be up to date, but lack of information on the Sync makes it all guess work

Frankis843

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 XLT
Occupation
Ford Guy
I'm in the same boat. I have called the OTA hotline and there is nothing they can do. They recommended setting an appt with service and I have one scheduled.

OP
OP

Yabra2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Received the truck yesterday and seems I am also on the same boat.

Cannot activate the truck in FordPass
Connectivity/Connectivity Features menu shows nothing or fails

Customer support walked me through Ford pass reset which didn't help. They said to keep it on wifi and wait for modem fix ETA early Feb.

Sponsored

Pitbull2o08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 F150 FX4 Ecoboost
After dealership having my truck for about a week, and engineering getting involved to update every module they could, I received truck back without maps updated, but they said it should receive OTA’s. Well, 2 nights later got the deep sleep notification (12v battery was low, wonder why?) I turned truck on, and maps was finally updated. Hopefully this begins the long train of updates to get my truck caught up.

Ford Senior Master

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Pro, 2023.5 MachE on the way
Occupation
Service Manager
I wish they would publish some type of grid listing current software levels and any depencies to recieve the updates. That way we would know what was actually available.

lightspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Does the truck have to be unplugged from the charger to get updates?

They really need to figure out how to make this more reliable and have less conditions. If the main battery has 50% charge and the 12v battery is normally charged, that's all that should be necessary to start OTA updates.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Does the truck have to be unplugged from the charger to get updates?

They really need to figure out how to make this more reliable and have less conditions. If the main battery has 50% charge and the 12v battery is normally charged, that's all that should be necessary to start OTA updates.
Only restriction is that you're NOT on a DCFC charging session, otherwise level 1 or 2 are OK to be plugged in and idle or charging.

lightspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Only restriction is that you're NOT on a DCFC charging session, otherwise level 1 or 2 are OK to be plugged in and idle or charging.
Perfect, thanks. Not being on DCFC seems like a sensible requirement.
Sponsored