• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Keeps emergency braking while backing trailer.

RickKeen

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L SR Pro
Occupation
sw engineering manager,
With my utility trailer attached, I could not figure out why it kept applying the brakes while attempting to back this trailer. In fact, I thought I was running into something and got out to check.
Finally figured it out.
My utility trailer turns out had bad taillights which caused the Lightning not to think a trailer is plugged in. The default-on Driver Assist auto-applies the brakes when it thinks you are backing into something. Even if you set a trailer in the trailering menu, it still does this (that is apparently only for range calculations)

Feels really dumb, but once I figured it out and turned off the appropriate setting in the Driver assist, was much easier to actually back the trailer. ( I should have figured it out from the incessant collision warning beeping when backing the trailer. )

Also pet peeve when connecting a trailer - the large number of warnings about reduced range, etc when you start the truck each time. Need an "OK to all" button.
Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Glad you figured that out, I turned that assistance off early in my ownership of my Lightning, helped immensely when I tow.

Adventureboy

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat
The GOM is useless when pulling a trailer and using Navigation. I have 2 trailers and associated profiles but the GOM jumps around a ridiculous amount. Essentially once you know your trailer and how much juice it takes to pull your normal routes, make adjustments for headwinds and calculate yourself. I pulled a boat this weekend and my GOM went from 172km to 80km in a second with all the flashing yellow low battery fun that goes with that. I still had over 50% SOC so I had over 160km pulling that trailer. I turned off the Ford Navigation to my destination and it magically jumped back to high 160s. There is some work needed in this area on Ford's part still ;-)
Sponsored