• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
I shouldn't have to defend myself, but I will anyways.

I never intended to sell this. If I did I wouldn't have traded in my Tesla for it.
I was not expecting the truck until the end of June or early July, but for some reason Ford thought I should be one of the first to get it. It came in on June 1st and I bought it on the second.

I had just gotten out of a week stay at a VA Psych ward as new meds for my TBI made me super suicidal and I had to commit myself. Now I'm on medical leave from work (not being paid) and I have just my DoD retirement and VA disability money coming in from my side. Which granted is not insignificant amount of money, but right now we are missing about 5k a month in added income from my job.

My brother is the Sales manager at this dealership and made sure I got the best deal I could, but 900$ a month is another house payment. Even that little sticker I put on it. I have been saving that for 2 years waiting for this truck so I could put it on (Burt from Sesame Street flying an A-10 going BRRRTTT, how great is that?).

I'm scared that I may not be able to get back to work for another month or more. It's too much of a risk to have that high of a truck payment for my family. So I put it up on Cars and Bids, hoping to get at least enough out of it to cover all the Taxes. Honestly I was just hoping to break even, but anything on top of that will help out my family while I get my meds straightened back out and I'm on the level again.

Good enough?
I hope you get better and get the help you need brother…..
Sponsored

Roy2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX LR; Prius Prime

I never intended to sell this. If I did I wouldn't have traded in my Tesla for it.
I was not expecting the truck until the end of June or early July, but for some reason Ford thought I should be one of the first to get it. It came in on June 1st and I bought it on the second.

I had just gotten out of a week stay at a VA Psych ward as new meds for my TBI made me super suicidal and I had to commit myself. Now I'm on medical leave from work (not being paid) and I have just my DoD retirement and VA disability money coming in from my side. Which granted is not insignificant amount of money, but right now we are missing about 5k a month in added income from my job.

My brother is the Sales manager at this dealership and made sure I got the best deal I could, but 900$ a month is another house payment. Even that little sticker I put on it. I have been saving that for 2 years waiting for this truck so I could put it on (Burt from Sesame Street flying an A-10 going BRRRTTT, how great is that?).

I'm scared that I may not be able to get back to work for another month or more. It's too much of a risk to have that high of a truck payment for my family. So I put it up on Cars and Bids, hoping to get at least enough out of it to cover all the Taxes. Honestly I was just hoping to break even, but anything on top of that will help out my family while I get my meds straightened back out and I'm on the level again.

Good enough?
Hope you will get better soon dude!

Also ignore all the noises! They are just jealous.

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development

Sponsored

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)

Good enough?
Hello,

As a fellow wounded veteran who has spent some quality time at Walter Reed let me first say you did the absolute right thing seeking help. Too many of my brothers never do that, I know of several who are no longer with us. It stings just to think about it.

Please take care of yourself, your health should always be top priority and know that you can PM me anytime. I get it, been in some hard times myself. I am also med retired, dealing with a TBI and other issues.(Love the license plate BTW).

No judgement from me....I have a feeling you'll find a truck in the future when you are ready.

Again, reach out anytime.

Nathan

Last edited:

BoreBrotherBore

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 Performance
Occupation
RF Engineer
Hello,

As a fellow wounded veteran who has spent some quality time at Walter Reed let me first say you did the absolute right thing seeking help. Too many of my brothers never do that, I know of several who are no longer with us. It stings just to think about it.

Please take care of yourself, your health should always be top priority and know that you can PM me anytime. I get it, been in some hard times myself. I am also med retired, dealing with a TBI and other issues.(Love the license plate BTW).

No judgement from me....I have a feeling you'll find a truck in the future when you are ready.

Again, reach out anytime.

Nathan
Thank you very much! Sorry to hear that you have dealt with all the same shit. The last IED was the one that got me. Shot me out of a Humvee turret. Took the whole blast shockwave to the face. Luckily all the shrapnel missed me by mm's. Ever since then I've dealt with depression/ptsd. Not one moment in my life before that point had I ever even known what being depressed was like.

Now it's just a struggle to find the right meds that keep me from doing something stupid. Luckily I have great little kids that know of daddy's struggles and keep me going.

I've been waiting since December to get into a Ketamine trial, still haven't even gotten a consult. Tried ECT (Electro Convulsion Therapy) while I was stuck in the Psych Ward. That helped me out those thought loops that you get stuck in that never end well. The docs there said they would do it outpatient for me every M,W,F until I did around 6-12 sessions. Then the head shrink at my VA hospital comes in from vacation the day I'm getting out of the hospital and tells me he won't do it outpatient. I either stay committed for at least another 2 weeks or he wouldn't let the VA do it for me.

Thinking I might have to write my congressman to get any movement from the VA. Had to do the same thing when I was being Medically Retired. I had to get a congresswoman involved just to get my C&P exams scheduled.

When I do get care at the VA, it's usually a great experience and help, but getting that care is near impossible.

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
Thank you very much! Sorry to hear that you have dealt with all the same shit. The last IED was the one that got me. Shot me out of a Humvee turret. Took the whole blast shockwave to the face. Luckily all the shrapnel missed me by mm's. Ever since then I've dealt with depression/ptsd. Not one moment in my life before that point had I ever even known what being depressed was like.

Now it's just a struggle to find the right meds that keep me from doing something stupid. Luckily I have great little kids that know of daddy's struggles and keep me going.

I've been waiting since December to get into a Ketamine trial, still haven't even gotten a consult. Tried ECT (Electro Convulsion Therapy) while I was stuck in the Psych Ward. That helped me out those thought loops that you get stuck in that never end well. The docs there said they would do it outpatient for me every M,W,F until I did around 6-12 sessions. Then the head shrink at my VA hospital comes in from vacation the day I'm getting out of the hospital and tells me he won't do it outpatient. I either stay committed for at least another 2 weeks or he wouldn't let the VA do it for me.

Thinking I might have to write my congressman to get any movement from the VA. Had to do the same thing when I was being Medically Retired. I had to get a congresswoman involved just to get my C&P exams scheduled.

When I do get care at the VA, it's usually a great experience and help, but getting that care is near impossible.
I will send you a PM, but perhaps we can share some info. I have had struggles, not as bad but it is def a process and the VA tries to do the best they can, but its usually a hot mess.

I don't know if its this way in your world....but when I have an issue not easily solved the PTSD Mental folks either try to push drugs or blame it on the tbi. You go to the neuro Docs and they tell you its PTSD and send you back. Its a never ending cycle...

Sponsored

BoreBrotherBore

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 Performance
Occupation
RF Engineer
BTW, I hope and think you can claim the $7500 tax credit. All you need is VIN.
Yea, someone asked me about that on CarsandBids and I said I really don't know anything about it. Which I don't.
I was under the impression you had to hold onto it for the entire tax year to claim the credit. Also, pretty sure I've been told that if I didn't and sold it I could be audited. That makes claiming it seem risky and in a gray area.

Roy2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX LR; Prius Prime
Yea, someone asked me about that on CarsandBids and I said I really don't know anything about it. Which I don't.
I was under the impression you had to hold onto it for the entire tax year to claim the credit. Also, pretty sure I've been told that if I didn't and sold it I could be audited. That makes claiming it seem risky and in a gray area.
Unless IRS check the current owner of the truck, my guess.

I think it does not hurt to claim. But no matter how, the 2nd owner of the truck won't be able to claim it.

Bandit216

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE, Lightning Lariat
Having an A-10 come in and save your ass, is one of my fondest combat memories. Hearing that BRRRT and then all of a sudden you're not getting shot at anymore was great :)
Been there, don't that, loved it. 2nd from left.
Ford F-150 Lightning Lightning for resale on Cars&Bids Fun

CRAIGC540

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariot F150 Lariat lightning
Occupation
Technician
So if you're lighting is stolen will the insurance company pay fair market value?
Sponsored