• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
Looks like the wiring for whatever instrumentation they were running might've popped the rear window.
Sponsored

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
Beats being dead. ;)
Not if your job is being a crash dummy. The poor thing does not even get the option to die. Almost reminds me of my last job.

p.s. watching the driver side window coming up like that, I will think twice about keeping my arm out of the window.

Grumpy2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150 Pro SR
Love watching these crash tests, I drive a little more defensive, at least for the first 30 minutes!

Impressive the front doors open just as well after the entire front has been crushed.

Sponsored

rdr854

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Volvo V90, 22 Ford F150 Lightning, 23 Outback
Truck has an overall 5 star rating with the only areas of concern being the frontal crash and roll over which are 4 stars.

Will be interesting to see how it fares in the IIHS testing - some of which is more stringent than the government tests.

FordTough98198

First Name
Domenic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Expedition MAX KR, 2022 Lightning (reserved)
Occupation
Business Consultant
So, even the crash testers couldn't find anything but Lariats on the lot. ROFL.

Shame they pull the battery, that mass is absolutely going to change the physics of a wreck. I get the safety factor, but you would think they could install an equivalent hunk of lead or something.

The way the mirrors flex, and the way the front windows pop up out of the doors (they were rolled down) looked crazy to me. Overall, looked decently safe other than the amount of rear glass that's going to rain down on my kids in the back seat, but maybe that was partially due to the equipment they were running through the rear window.
Ways to avoid “rain of glass on kids”

1. don’t let kids in the truck. (My preferred solution as a bachelor)
2. Don’t crash.

🤷🏻‍♂️

Jmmanley1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Lightning Lariat ER, 22 MachE Premium SR
Occupation
Airline Pilot
Wow, how’d they get that charging door to close first try? It always takes two shots at it for me! 🤣
Sponsored