• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Lightning Lariat ER with Max Tow now $79,994 with destination

SteffanG

First Name
Steffan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Audi Q5 (written off), 2008 F150 XLT HDPP
Occupation
Electrician
It's hard to imagine with the Ukraine situation, that BBB wont pass very soon with at least the EV credits. While it might seem the least of peoples worries, a big part of why Russia is able to get away with what they have done is because of their oil wealth and other countries reliance on their energy resources. Once people get past the obvious destruction unfolding, their going to start focusing on things like pushing EV's harder than ever to limit Russia's financial resources. Europe is going to push even harder than the US to go the EV path, but it's going to be widespread. In the short term there is going to be HUGE political pressure to pass any legislation that takes away from Russia's ability to finance this kind of behavior. EV credits are cheap compared to the cost of missiles. I expect the EV credits to pass with at least the 12,500 amount within the month. The legislature might get more creative and add even more in... we'll see
But as it has been said before, the EV rebates DO NOT help. All of the manufactures that sell EV vehicles right now are sold out for months, what will giving more money for rebates change? Even if they built more cars, they would still be all sold without any additional rebates...
Sponsored

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
But as it has been said before, the EV rebates DO NOT help. All of the manufactures that sell EV vehicles right now are sold out for months, what will giving more money for rebates change? Even if they built more cars, they would still be all sold without any additional rebates...
Realistically, they raise the prices for future models (can't do much with already announced pricing), which increases profit and drives more investment into EV production capacity. The credits don't do much in the near term, but they accelerate the transition by boosting investment.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
I expect the EV credits to pass with at least the 12,500 amount within the month. The legislature might get more creative and add even more in... we'll see
Do you have a lead on what legislation is going to make that happen?
I have not seen anything lately, but I may have missed it.....

Last edited:

KevinC

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
98 F150,Fusion, 2023 Lightning, 2022 Mach E
It doesn't matter what works or doesnt work. Congress is going to be out to prove they are doing anything they can to combat the situation with Russia. Sanctions are going to be the first priority but they'll quickly come back around to the EV credits just to cover all the bases. They've already been talking about separating out the Environmental portion of BBB into a separate bill and this is just going to accelerate that. War lights a fire under any congress to do something quickly whether it completely makes sense or not.

OP
OP
vandy1981

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber
I have not seen anything as lately, but I may have missed it.....
It is not going to pass this year. There are too many other priorities: Ukraine>>>Supreme Court confirmation>midterms<>inflation. It probably had a 5% chance of passing before the first Russian tank rolled into Ukraine and it's dead now.

I agree that the world would be a better place if it wasn't dependent on fossil fuels from anti-democratic countries, but I think the prevailing narrative will be that we need to mobilize more gas and oil domestically over subsidizing green energy, even though we know the two aren't mutually exclusive.

Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
It is not going to pass this year.
Yes I agree, folks need to cite legislation instead of wild eyed speculation, wishes and wants.

Deleted member 9341

I have not seen anything lately, but I may have missed it.....
i think his predictions are off the wall. Nothing going to happen. DOA for now

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
Ah crap, now I have to decide if I should change away from the Smoked Quartz Metallic color I want to get this under $80k (with destination charges). Grrr

Same situation here. My online order now says $81,099 (down from $81,139) including the bed liner and SQM. It's one thing to remove the bed liner but changing to one of the base colors is a bigger deal since you can't really do that aftermarket. I think I'm just going to roll the dice and hope in the chance that the bill passes that it won't include destination. I really want SQM.

ExCivilian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 RAM 2500 5.9L Cummins; '22 Lariat ER
Same situation here.
I'm in the same boat as you.

That said, let's talk reality here. Which is more likely to benefit Biden's administration long-term between fighting like hell to stuff union manufacturer pockets with a few extra billion dollars or actually giving it to them? Democrats certainly have no monopoly on talking about things they have no desire to come to fruition. Assuming Democrats even want all this stuff to pass, Republicans certainly have a lot of reason to prevent Biden from sticking this particular feather in his cap.

So whether a new bill passes remains to be seen but the chances of it including extra monies, especially monies ear-marked for unions specifically, are slim to none. The old subsidies, which don't have this cap, still remain so anyone with a truck ordered already and scheduled to receive this year (and into early next year) are fine.

Ordering a vehicle specifically with the expectation some bill is going to passed soon, be applied retroactively, and increase the payout are all things that are in all probability unrealistic in a good political year--and these aren't what I'd consider "good" political years where everyone's getting along and working together to solve the problems confronting our society whether it be climate, crime, or courts and any other big-ticket issue not starting with a C.

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
Well, if the gas prices hold out like this for a while there's actually a pretty good chance that some additional EV credits get passed, maybe even as a standalone bill. So we have that going for us...

Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Well, if the gas prices hold out like this for a while there's actually a pretty good chance that some additional EV credits get passed, maybe even as a standalone bill. So we have that going for us...
The Omnibus was passed last night in the House, subject to concurrence by the Senate before the 15th of March, NOTE the continuing resolution was stretched from expiring on the 11th to the 15th.

I do not think any BBB components are in this legislation, not to say it couldn't happen later, but more likely it would be in sync with a new fiscal year budget with an affective date of a new tax credit fiscal year & tax year 2023.

JMHO

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
Wouldn't EV'S need less incentives to sell with higher gas prices?

Additional tax credits make no sense with every EV that is assembled being sold as soon as it hits the lot.

adoublee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2 EVs
Wouldn't EV'S need less incentives to sell with higher gas prices?

Additional tax credits make no sense with every EV that is assembled being sold as soon as it hits the lot.
Most of the value of the credits go to the manufacturer through higher sale prices, so it incentivizes them to even make them available to the public.

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
Most of the value of the credits go to the manufacturer through higher sale prices, so it incentivizes them to even make them available to the public.
Tesla sells every vehicle they produce without credits and they keep building new plants. I don't see the logic in offering more free government money to incentivize something that is going to sell anyway.

The credits did their job. They propped up Tesla until it revolutionized the EV industry and now legacies are trying to catch up. Time for government to get out of way.

AgieF150

First Name
Rakesh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 & 22F150 limited, 21 Ram 1500 limited EcoDiesel
Tesla sells every vehicle they produce without credits and they keep building new plants. I don't see the logic in offering more free government money to incentivize something that is going to sell anyway.

The credits did their job. They propped up Tesla until it revolutionized the EV industry and now legacies are trying to catch up. Time for government to get out of way.
unfortunately some people do not understand the concept of open market. If stuff is selling itself, why waste taxpayers money ?‍♂
Sponsored