• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Lightning Lariat ER with Max Tow now $79,994 with destination

Myfirstlightning

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 lightning xlt sr
Occupation
Garage supervisor
Is it worth trying to change the order at this point or will it just mess things up and delay the build? Right now, I just have the base Lariat with extended range and no other options.
Sponsored

Myfirstlightning

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 lightning xlt sr
Occupation
Garage supervisor
I was a second wave order (xlt small battery) on 1/20 after thinking about it, I went to the dealer a week later and changed my order to a lariat extended range with max tow package. Ford once again confirmed order via email but still listed my 1/20 order date not new date the following week. I would reach out to your dealer. Mine was very knowledgeable with me. Also my dealer order price also showed the newer price of $79,994

Ford F-150 Lightning Lightning Lariat ER with Max Tow now $79,994 with destination 366D23A0-80C9-4F49-9CDA-82B069B37040

rdr854

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Volvo V90, 22 Ford F150 Lightning, 23 Outback
Thank you. I talked to the dealer this afternoon. Bottom line is that that I just need to figure out if the additional cost is worth it since the dealer's opinion was that it would help resale if I was only going to keep the truck a few years, but otherwise might not be worth it based upon my proposed usage of the truck (no towing). I will just have to sleep on it.

gorwell

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5 / XLT Standard
otherwise might not be worth it based upon my proposed usage of the truck (no towing).
Me, like many others, are hedging on more cooling just being better overall for an EV, especially if you live in a hot climate. Unless ford comes out and says it will never kick in outside of towing, I'll probably keep it optioned as it's not really a key price compared to the overall price of the truck.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Yes, Max Trailer Tow package dropped $40, and yes the WEB order summary reflected the change, though the WEB system is down for Sunday maintenance when I went to look, but I recall seeing the change a few days ago.

Sponsored

Sdctcher

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Ford Escape, 2022 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
EV Gypsy
Yes, Max Trailer Tow package dropped $40, and yes the WEB order summary reflected the change, though the WEB system is down for Sunday maintenance when I went to look, but I recall seeing the change a few days ago.
The only way your Lightning 'knows' it is towing is the scale's estimate of payload (cabin and bed load + tongue weight). The $825 gives you a lot of goodies + Tow Package and should extend the life of the battery pack. The extra cooling/heating capacity should also help with extreme ambient temperature in places like Texas and Maine, even when not towing. Preconditioning the battery before driving is much more important to do than people think.

In deciding which Options to buy I would try to guess:

1. Which would extend the lifetime and durability (bed and cabin coverings).
2. Future Resale Value (Options a Used Truck Buyer would want).
3. What do I really Need versus Want).
4. What I can Afford.
5. What Option I could buy cheaper with better value in the Aftermarket (Tonneau, Mats, and Wheel Well Liners).

I believe Ford lowered the cost of the Tow Option for several good reasons:

1. This now puts the Lariat+ with the most popular options under the 'magic' $80,000 number.
2. Qualifies it for the proposed Tax Credit/Rebate under $80k (although the IRS definition clearly states that MSRP does not include Destination Charges).
3. So many customers are ordering this package Ford can lower the price based on scale.

Seageo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60, ID.4
It should not matter if a BBB comes to pass because the Destination Charge does not count towards the MSRP under Tax Credit Law.
Last I read the bill, this was not specified and it's up to the department to interpret the law (if it were to pass). There's a whole range of possibilities in how to interpret it, since the definition if MSRP is vague.

It also impacts State rebates. For example, WA has a proposed rebate with an 80k cap as well, that just says the "MSRP." For listed dealer and doc fees as part of the MSRP on the biold sheet, so I wasnt about to gamble on a department interpreting MSRP as anything other than what the manufacturer lists.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Last I read the bill, this was not specified and it's up to the department to interpret the law (if it were to pass). There's a whole range of possibilities in how to interpret it, since the definition if MSRP is vague.

It also impacts State rebates. For example, WA has a proposed rebate with an 80k cap as well, that just says the "MSRP." For listed dealer and doc fees as part of the MSRP on the biold sheet, so I wasnt about to gamble on a department interpreting MSRP as anything other than what the manufacturer lists.
There was a lot of last minute negotiation with Manchin some of which was only speculated on by the press, since no agreement was reached and he committed to not backing the bill we will never know what "could have been" in the final cut.

If there is to be a split out bill at some point, we will know more and they will make the policy straight forward.

The Nations budget remains up in the air as we discuss this, the continuing resolution was extended at the last minute last week, it will expire again on midnight March 11th.

It's high time the they get off their duffs and hammer out a bill good through 9/30/2022.

Last edited:

ExCivilian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 RAM 2500 5.9L Cummins; '22 Lariat ER
Every time someone posts about a sub-80K Lariat ER I get tempted to change mine from SR. Although, I note with my color choice I won't be below the $80K number anyway unless designation isn't included.

13_F150

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 F150 Platinum, 2020 Volvo XC60
Has anyone successfully added max tow to their lightning order? My dealer has been great but not the greatest when it comes to knowing about changes. Telling me they don't know how to make the change since they technically didn't build the order. My ER Lariat is NOT scheduled and I'm wanting to add MAX tow

Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Has anyone successfully added max tow to their lightning order? My dealer has been great but not the greatest when it comes to knowing about changes. Telling me they don't know how to make the change since they technically didn't build the order. My ER Lariat is NOT scheduled and I'm wanting to add MAX tow
They are less than intelligent about the 21st century business processes!,
Time to lock their doors and pull the franchise agreement.

13_F150

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 F150 Platinum, 2020 Volvo XC60
They are less than intelligent about the 21st century business processes!,
Time to lock their doors and pull the franchise agreement.
Had to talk to my internet sales person. He was out of office when I originally asked
Ford F-150 Lightning Lightning Lariat ER with Max Tow now $79,994 with destination 1645750450289

ExCivilian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 RAM 2500 5.9L Cummins; '22 Lariat ER
I did end up changing mine to an ER after that post and then went ahead and changed my order again this morning to a different color. It's still an upcharge that puts me over $80K but not with delivery/destination excluded and I don't think it's going to matter much anyway.

It doesn't seem like there's a whole lot going for the expansion of additional incentives, politically speaking, compared to numerous "benefits" of not passing it.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Had to talk to my internet sales person. He was out of office when I originally asked
1645750450289.png
Glad he got back to you!!
Also nice to see another build with a GVWR of 8550# like mine
Ford F-150 Lightning Lightning Lariat ER with Max Tow now $79,994 with destination 1645759742445

KevinC

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
98 F150,Fusion, 2023 Lightning, 2022 Mach E
It's hard to imagine with the Ukraine situation, that BBB wont pass very soon with at least the EV credits. While it might seem the least of peoples worries, a big part of why Russia is able to get away with what they have done is because of their oil wealth and other countries reliance on their energy resources. Once people get past the obvious destruction unfolding, their going to start focusing on things like pushing EV's harder than ever to limit Russia's financial resources. Europe is going to push even harder than the US to go the EV path, but it's going to be widespread. In the short term there is going to be HUGE political pressure to pass any legislation that takes away from Russia's ability to finance this kind of behavior. EV credits are cheap compared to the cost of missiles. I expect the EV credits to pass with at least the 12,500 amount within the month. The legislature might get more creative and add even more in... we'll see
Sponsored