• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

detansinn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red F150 Lightning Lariat Extended Battery
Anyone with a Lightning held in transit get any kind of update beyond the Ford email?
Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Anyone with a Lightning held in transit get any kind of update beyond the Ford email?
Not so much -- I called Ford after my dealership wasn't able to see where my truck was (it was previously at the rail yard ~10 minutes from the dealership on 2/6 waiting final transport) and Ford said it is either still at the rail yard or back in Michigan. They said their tracker is showing both.....so they essentially don't know where the truck is or if it went back to the plant. My ETA date has always been "next week". When that week comes, I log in to see it moved again to "next week". I have been playing this game since the first part of January with Ford.

Jim Lewis

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Accord 2017; 2023 Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired
I wonder if the extent of the problem will show up in Ford's next quarterly earnings report and its projections for the next quarter after that.

Sponsored

GolfJRM

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning (If it ever gets delivered)
Occupation
Teacher
My delivery date just went from this week to almost a month from now (3/24-4/6). Working on getting my dealer to make a deal on one of the ones in stock

abel408

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Pro
Just spoke with Ford corporate and they confirmed that my truck has officially been sent back to Michigan for a "battery issue". So back to square one it is
I'm sorry. Hopefully that's not the same fate for everyone's truck. Did your Vehicle tracking ever update?

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow Iconic Silver
Occupation
Retired
I wonder if the extent of the problem will show up in Ford's next quarterly earnings report and its projections for the next quarter after that.
4250 trucks were not built for 5 weeks lost to eternity, should result in at least a mention.

detansinn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red F150 Lightning Lariat Extended Battery
Just spoke with Ford corporate and they confirmed that my truck has officially been sent back to Michigan for a "battery issue". So back to square one it is
If the trucks are getting shipped back to Michigan, they’re likely replacing battery packs. It’s possible that all trucks aren’t getting that treatment. Still, not awesome.

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
Not so much -- I called Ford after my dealership wasn't able to see where my truck was (it was previously at the rail yard ~10 minutes from the dealership on 2/6 waiting final transport) and Ford said it is either still at the rail yard or back in Michigan. They said their tracker is showing both.....so they essentially don't know where the truck is or if it went back to the plant. My ETA date has always been "next week". When that week comes, I log in to see it moved again to "next week". I have been playing this game since the first part of January with Ford.
I feel for you too - my MME order has been pushed back 7 times since it was built in December.

Feel like Ford isn't making the effort to actually get EVs in their customers' hands.

Sponsored
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
I'm sorry. Hopefully that's not the same fate for everyone's truck. Did your Vehicle tracking ever update?
Unfortunately no, my tracker has always shown "next week" and this has always been the case. When that week arrives, my tracker adds on another week to the expected delivery. So not a ton of great insight there into it. Sorry!

Old Aviator

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning Platinum 06 Magnum SRT8 23 Ocean One
Occupation
Consultant
Mine got pushed out another month again, now est. delivery is 3/28 - 4/10. Looked it up myself no word from Ford as I would expect.
Mine moved from 2/27/23 to 3/13/23 to 3/27/23 to 4/3/23 seems to be slowing down so maybe next date will be 4/7/23 :rolleyes:

Lightning Rod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
CNC PROGRAMMER/MACHINIST
No word from Ford today? I thought for sure they would release a statement about restarting production. Ford has a lot of anxious investors in their EV technology... one would think that they need to say something to their investors AND customers that all is well and getting back to normal. They also should speak up as to when shipping will start back up. :unsure:

Jim Lewis

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Accord 2017; 2023 Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired
I'm still "In Production," and my tracking hasn't been updated since 2/1/23 when I was scheduled for the week of 2/18/23. Shortly before that, I was scheduled for the more typical build date of 2/13/23. So, I've wondered if there wasn't already a blip in production before the 2/4/23 battery fire. IIRC, @TaxmanHog predicted a week or two ago, based on a Lightning work stoppage this past summer, that those of us with "In Production" vehicles would not get any further updates until the vehicle is actually built, which is a bummer to hear nothing for another month or so... :( Meanwhile, I have $100K sitting in a bank that's had some financial problems in the last few years, wondering if it might suffer a financial meltdown similar to SVB.