• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Missing FordPass Points

9onmy6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M2, Ducati MTS 1260, 2023 SR Lightning XLT
Occupation
Housemaker/Veteran
Or burn them when received.
Sponsored

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
Does one get points for buying the SunRun HIS and/or the charger Pro (extra since I got SR XLT)? I purchased both, just wondering if I should look for points.
No if you used any other payment.

Yes if you used the Ford Pass VISA credit card.
Ford purchases gets 5x points.

I got the card before I got the Lightning and charge all my public EV charge apps onto it.
Keeps it easy to calculate the total cost for my small business deduction at the end of the year.

Going to use the $440 points plus $300 credits as a partial down payment for my incoming the MME.....

Ford F-150 Lightning Missing FordPass Points IMG_6528D29E1549-1

Its PJ Bia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning PRO
Interesting discovery today. I called the fordpass number to check on the points being applied to my account from my lightning purchase. She saw in the system that my modem was activated on 4/5 (when i took delivery), but the truck had a sale date of 1/27/23... That was the day after it arrived in the shipping lot and where it stayed until 4/3. This means that my modem activation was more than 60 days after the supposid "sale date" in the system, which means I wouldn't get the points. She entered for an exception for me, but still irritating that it was marked as sold before it even got to the dealership due to their battery shipping hold. Now I have to wait a week to see if they accept the exception...

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
She entered for an exception for me, but still irritating that it was marked as sold before it even got to the dealership due to their battery shipping hold. Now I have to wait a week to see if they accept the exception...
IMHO, it should be approved, this battery hold situation was unique and not expected, a few keystrokes and manager approval....

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
Purchased mid Feb, still no points here. After prodding the general sales manager again today, I got a response that he called FordPass Dealer Services and they don't know why it never happened (my guess is that it's the same reason SunRun never saw my truck as sold) but that a case number was opened and they are submitting manually. Fingers crossed. This should be the last hiccup from the original purchase squared away. To think someone who bought the truck but didn't fully understand what they where getting would never have gotten the FCSP or their points or the extended services warranty extension. Why was all of this on me, the customer, to push for? While I appreciate that they finally settled everything, I'm unlikely to look their direction going forward. I prefer a dealer that is more proactive in their customer satisfaction.

Sponsored

FatmanOSU

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 XLT Lightning, 2022 Bronco Sport
Occupation
Sales
I just got my 22K for my purchase on 1/31. Wonder if my SiriusXM will go off of demo now.

GoodSam

First Name
Good
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17CRV, 22 Lightning XLT 312A SR iced blue silver
Occupation
occupying space
Wonder if my SiriusXM will go off of demo now.
Call SiriusXM and tell them the subscription must be dropped as it costs too much. They should reply with a offer of ~$6/mo, but w/ added hidden fees and taxes...be sure to record what they are saying as I think they boosted me a $1 up in the end. I think they are automating this response to those who are "dropping the service", so it might be done with a computer voice on the other end.

ridgebackpilot

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2022 Mustang Mach-E GTPE
Occupation
Conservationist
I just recently got my 22,000 points for a Lightning purchase in early March. I bought my 2022 truck Gold certified pre-owned, but still got the points.

Calvin H-C

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Focus Electric 2017, F150 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Technical Trainer/Writer - Wayside Railway Signalling Maintenance
My Ford pass app was activated 5 months before delivery and it turns out their automated system starts the modem authorization from the day you activate Fordpass and not necessarily the day you buy your vehicle. I guess they assumed, you shouldn't be able to activate before you buy but that's clearly not the case in many circumstances. When I called they saw when I purchased the vehicle and when the modem was activated and reimbursed me the missing points. They were good for getting mud flaps.
I was thinking this as I read the original post. FordPass gave me the notification mid-February that the modem was ready to activate mid-February, but we are still waiting for delivery (23-Apr) of the vehicle. We found out about a month ago that its blend date was 22-Jan.

When I first saw the notice, I went in to look at the steps involved, but since I couldn't see what appears on the display in the vehicle, I just abandoned the process. It was several weeks later that FordPass reported that the activation failed, but it displays the "Activate Vehicle" button.

As for using the points, I heard that they can be used towards purchasing the extended warranty or the maintenance/protection plan. Has anyone else used their points for this purpose. I thought I would shop around for a better price on these instead of just pay what the dealership selling me the F150 is offering anyways.

lakeguy55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat, 2011 F-150, 98 Expedition
Be aware that if there is no activity on your Fordpass points account for 365 days, the points expire. I unfortunately just discovered this. I had 19K points from many years of service on my ICE F-150. The points expired and were deleted from my account in late December (I sold the truck in 2020).

While I understand the policy, what I would have appreciated is an email or some notification that the points were about to expire. I didn't get anything.
Sponsored