• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Mistake ordering BEDLINER-PLASTIC DROP-IN ?

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 LIGHTNING PRO IcedBlueSilver 8/23/2022
Occupation
Owner
I'm wondering how the BEDRUG carpeted 'full' bed liners attach to the bed, and most importantly, the SIDES... velcro?
Sponsored

beatle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Ridgeline, Miata, motorcycle(s)
Yes, Bedrug uses automotive body velcro:

You can also install a bedrug liner or mat over a spray in bedliner.

PA Lightning

First Name
Tbone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Pro
I have a bed rug and I think it is great, but just as an fyi, smooth surface cargo will slide on the bed rug.
I put a yoga mat across the back of the bed to prevent things from sliding.
(I think the wife is still looking for her yoga mat)

mklcolvin

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Honda Insight, 2022 Lightning Lariat LR
Occupation
Retired; Former Systems Engineer
Iā€™m wondering what people will say, since I did the same thing. This will be my first truck and didnā€™t know any better. If I could do it again, I would have not gotten a spray in and had it done after market. Iā€™m in the same boat.
Same here - this is my first truck, and I haven't figured out what is the best way to protect the bed with a liner. I'm open to anyone here that can help!

Regular150

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 F150 Platinum, 18 Mustang GT PP2, 14 QX80
Occupation
Purchasing
You made the right decision. You got a great price on a drop in liner and it's not permanent like a spray in. See how you like it, if you decide rug, spray in, hybrid rubber mat with plastic sides, all are still an option for you.

Just pop out the drop in and do what you want then.

You made the most flexible decision you could have. All good!

I've had all except rug. While I hate the idea of spray over my beautiful Star White Tricoat, I did it anyway as my Black Power boost Platinum has a spray in and it's fine. I can't undue my decision. You did fine!

Sponsored

Tony Burgh

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired
As I think about my use of pickups, main cargos are bark mulch and topsoil, lawn mowers and pressure washers, gas trimmers and fertilizers, summer home of golf clubs. Sticks will move to frunk. Iā€™m considering a switch from plastic liner to DualLiner. I hope it cleans out as easily.

PV2EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Chevy Volt, 2006 Kubota L39, 2006 Suzuki Eige
I too am looking at the DualLiner, and was hoping someone on this forum had experience with it?

Prime8

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Colorado
Occupation
Construction
I just noticed that the drop in bedliner Part No: ML3Z9900038A on the Ford site is listed as not being compatible with the Lightning, haven't seen this mentioned anywhere. I had thought that the beds were identical to the 21-22 ICE trucks...

Theo1000

First Name
Theo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Etron,Chevy Volt,BMW I3,Mach-E,F150 Lightning
Just sold my 21 year old tundra with plastic drop in. Never had an issue. Admittedly more suburban home owner type use mulch, gyp, mower etc. Spray in is not needed for me esp. with Aluminum.

Aspesi4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt
Just sold my 21 year old tundra with plastic drop in. Never had an issue. Admittedly more suburban home owner type use mulch, gyp, mower etc. Spray in is not needed for me esp. with Aluminum.
I agree with your reasoning for a drop in instead of the spray liner. I'll have a similar use case for my truck and I didn't feel the extra money when already spending 80k was worth it on a spray in. Plus, I was concerned about all the talk delaying the truck due to the liner. I plan on either getting a drop in, the Dualliner hybrid or a mat. That'll work fine for my Home Depot trips, mulch, etc.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Pjlightning

First Name
PJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F 150
I just noticed that the drop in bedliner Part No: ML3Z9900038A on the Ford site is listed as not being compatible with the Lightning, haven't seen this mentioned anywhere. I had thought that the beds were identical to the 21-22 ICE trucks...
Probably need special cut outs for the electric outlets ?

OP
OP

Pjlightning

First Name
PJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F 150
I agree with your reasoning for a drop in instead of the spray liner. I'll have a similar use case for my truck and I didn't feel the extra money when already spending 80k was worth it on a spray in. Plus, I was concerned about all the talk delaying the truck due to the liner. I plan on either getting a drop in, the Dualliner hybrid or a mat. That'll work fine for my Home Depot trips, mulch, etc.

ditto here.

Never do much heavy duty use, and itā€™s covered 99% of the time by the tonneau cover I usually have, so if the drop in looks a little chintzy compared to the spray-in, I never see it anyways really.

And if I do see it, itā€™s probably because itā€™s being used, and thus covered in mulchā€¦šŸ˜.

so yep, I had to draw the line somewhere on an 80k truck that I originally thought might cost me 60k (XLT ER was my target- before seeing the huge $ step up for the ER - which begrudgingly led me into the Lariat with sunroof, leather, and lots of things Iā€™ve never needed/wanted in a truck)

Aspesi4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt
ditto here.

Never do much heavy duty use, and itā€™s covered 99% of the time by the tonneau cover I usually have, so if the drop in looks a little chintzy compared to the spray-in, I never see it anyways really.

And if I do see it, itā€™s probably because itā€™s being used, and thus covered in mulchā€¦šŸ˜.

so yep, I had to draw the line somewhere on an 80k truck that I originally thought might cost me 60k (XLT ER was my target- before seeing the huge $ step up for the ER - which begrudgingly led me into the Lariat with sunroof, leather, and lots of things Iā€™ve never needed/wanted in a truck)
We're in the same boat. I was all about the XLT ER based on the leaked pricing last summer. I bumped up to the Lariat ER like Ford wanted purely due to my excitement and desire for the ER battery. At 80k, I refused to pay for extras and colors outside of the Max Tow Package which I felt was critical.

Abeginuts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
The best part about a spray in liner is that you can use and abuse your truck and the dents and scraps blend in. I've dented the hell out of my '05 F150 bed hauling logs, large rocks, pallets of cement, etc. And the bed still looks great.

OP
OP

Pjlightning

First Name
PJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F 150
We're in the same boat. I was all about the XLT ER based on the leaked pricing last summer. I bumped up to the Lariat ER like Ford wanted purely due to my excitement and desire for the ER battery. At 80k, I refused to pay for extras and colors outside of the Max Tow Package which I felt was critical.

Yep, if only the Pro ER was available to the masses, that probably would have suited me fine too , and at a very reasonable price.

Lariat is luxurious living - which is great, but Iā€™ve got a car for leather seats and moonroofs.

The truck I just need to haul around stuff. But I always get the 36 gallon tank on ICE trucks, so I know I can get where Iā€™m going on weekend trips north - so couldnā€™t see not having ER battery while making the move to EV.

hopefully Iā€™ll love it and get over the feeling of splurging in the heat of the moment !
Sponsored