• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

My '23 Pro is being Auctioned

InTheCloud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT
The frame is not damaged at all, nor is the battery. She drives fine, it's all cosmetic damage, but because the tree hit the top of the cab it'd be a lot of work. Broke both the windshield and the back glass. I have the estimate here, $19K in parts; the frunk liner, headlight, head liner, and tail light alone are $8 Grand.

I also wish it was being parted out. I had the driver's seat fitted with Katzkin leather and would like to put it in my new truck.
Cheaper alternative would be to make it a convertible.

Grumpy2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150 Pro SR
This guy has the fastest minivan ever, that could be the future of your truck, just put another body on top of the running gear.

vvgogh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 F-150 Lightning ER
I have the estimate here, $19K in parts; the frunk liner, headlight, head liner, and tail light alone are $8 Grand.
The MSRP of tail lights is ridiculous. You can get tail lights off eBay for 25% of retail.

If the roof needs replaced, the repair gets a bit silly. The roof is attached with rivets and cannot be disassembled. When I got hail damage to the roof, I learned that if the roof needs to be replaced, they have to cut off the old roof. Before they can cut it off, the repair instructions include removing the high voltage battery. This makes roof replacement prohibitively expensive and many body shops won't do the work as they don't want to deal with the high voltage battery. Luckily, in my case they were able to pull those dents out of the roof. But, the hail damage repair was still $12k - notably twice the original $6k estimate.

Sponsored

voxel

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 4X, Heritage Bronco, 23' GC Limited
This guy has the fastest minivan ever, that could be the future of your truck, just put another body on top of the running gear.
Ford F-150 Lightning My '23 Pro is being Auctioned 1710988402041-p6

It was just at the Electrify Expo this past weekend... just chilling

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
Once the batteries start going out of warranty people will be making a killing selling modules from salvaged Lightnings. What is Ford asking? $14,000 per module? You'll probably be able to get $5k per module. How many does the SR have? 6-7? As a long term project, parting this truck out will bring in good money.

OP
OP
jcm3

jcm3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning PRO [SQUISHED!] & 2nd Lightning PRO
But, the hail damage repair was still $12k - notably twice the original $6k estimate.
This is why the insurance company basically forced me to have it totaled. They were worried the real repair bill was going to be twice the $35k estimate

02Reaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning XLT ER
The MSRP of tail lights is ridiculous. You can get tail lights off eBay for 25% of retail.

If the roof needs replaced, the repair gets a bit silly. The roof is attached with rivets and cannot be disassembled. When I got hail damage to the roof, I learned that if the roof needs to be replaced, they have to cut off the old roof. Before they can cut it off, the repair instructions include removing the high voltage battery. This makes roof replacement prohibitively expensive and many body shops won't do the work as they don't want to deal with the high voltage battery. Luckily, in my case they were able to pull those dents out of the roof. But, the hail damage repair was still $12k - notably twice the original $6k estimate.
Wonder why the HV Battery would have to be removed during a roof replacement?

vvgogh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 F-150 Lightning ER
Wonder why the HV Battery would have to be removed during a roof replacement?
I don't know. That's what the body shop said Ford says is required to replace the roof. Further, if the body shop was unable to pull the dents out, they refused to repair any of the hail damage because they could not repair all of the hail damage. They were not willing to accept a job requiring the high voltage battery to be removed. Luckily, it didn't come to that and they pulled the roof dents out.
Sponsored