• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

My Ford.com account no longer shows 12 volt percentage

EdRudy

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat Lightning ER Iced Blue Silver
Occupation
IT
Mine is there also.

Ford F-150 Lightning My Ford.com account no longer shows 12 volt percentage 1714588360917-qu
Sponsored

Last edited:

stickyfingers

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
I see this today

Ford F-150 Lightning My Ford.com account no longer shows 12 volt percentage Untitled

Ford F-150 Lightning My Ford.com account no longer shows 12 volt percentage Untitled

FLSpartan04

First Name
Daryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150 Lightning XLT ER
Any chance you can point me to the instructions for this? I just installed HA and would like to try this.
Check out this thread. I already run home assistant, I just added HACS, the ford pass integration from HACS, the bar graph and mushroom buttons from HACS, then copied over the YAML from the other thread. Only thing I added was the low voltage battery percentage.

OP
OP
rdmusson

rdmusson

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired
Not sure what they did on the web page but I’ve never seen 100% on the LVB, more like 79 to 85%, and I use a battery tender.

Ford F-150 Lightning My Ford.com account no longer shows 12 volt percentage IMG_0333

lakeguy55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat, 2011 F-150, 98 Expedition
Saw this displayed on mine for the first time yesterday. Showed 90%. Today I drove about 150 miles. Expected it to be higher. Now showing 89%. (FWIW, as stated in another thread, had BMS Sensor Replacement done per CSP last week)

Sponsored
OP
OP
rdmusson

rdmusson

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired
My BMS Sensor Replacement was done 1 Feb.

Jim Lewis

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Accord 2017; 2023 Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired
Mine shows 74% LVB charge now. In the past, I've found to get the most recent current LVB % SOC, it helps to refresh the FordPass app, then wait ~15 sec before refreshing the Ford.com dashboard.

Ford F-150 Lightning My Ford.com account no longer shows 12 volt percentage 1714704388963-p3

As @davehu reports, the % LVB SOC has disappeared from (and reappeared on) that Ford.com web page at least a couple of times in the past.

I thought I'd be clever, remotely turn on my truck a few feet away in the garage via the FordPass app while sitting in my kitchen, then just read the % LVB SOC using Car Scanner. With the remote start, I triggered pre-conditioning, and I decided the mighty whir of AC compressors was a waste of electricity and equipment lifespan just to check % LVB SOC. The interesting annoying thing when I decided to just get in the truck, turn ACC mode on, and check % LVB with Car Scanner with less AC commotion. Even though the truck was "off" from the previous remote start, when I fired it up in ACC mode (foot on brake pedal while plugged into my FCSP), I was surprised to find, the AC whirring away. Somehow the truck, perhaps remembering the previous remote start, thought that I wanted the driver's seat cooling turned on. I had to manually turn off seat cooling by tapping the driver's side control button. Seems like another glitch in Ford software (I always turn off the fan and AC/heating when I shut down the truck specifically so I can run it in Active ACC mode if I want to charge the LVB without running AC/heating or ventilating fans).

lakeguy55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Any insights into what would be "normal" for these charge level readings? Since my BMS sensor replacement I've seen numbers that range from a high of 94% to a current low of 80%, most of the time in the low 90s. The 94% was after a full day of driving several hundred miles. I would have expected it to be close to 100% and maintain things close to there.

Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Any insights into what would be "normal" for these charge level readings? Since my BMS sensor replacement I've seen numbers that range from a high of 94% to a current low of 80%, most of the time in the low 90s. The 94% was after a full day of driving several hundred miles. I would have expected it to be close to 100% and maintain things close to there.
Not sure, but the DC/DC system is programmed to cycle 40-100%, so IMHO catching it at any SOC between these marks is normal.

lakeguy55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
That makes sense until I start seeing all the posts about not receiving an OTA update unless it is at or close to 100%, given I have yet to get one since last July.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
That makes sense until I start seeing all the posts about not receiving an OTA update unless it is at or close to 100%, given I have yet to get one since last July.
Mine has been hovering in the 70 to 90 % range, but OTA's have stalled the past month plus, though I'm pretty much caught up, your experiences up in the Lake's region might be part of the problem, maybe a day trip to Concord might help??

DesertEV

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150 Lightning
Mine has been hovering in the 70 to 90 % range, but OTA's have stalled the past month plus, though I'm pretty much caught up, your experiences up in the Lake's region might be part of the problem, maybe a day trip to Concord might help??
Is it saying this is how much life the battery has left? Mine is at 96%. Any cause for concern? Thanks

Ford F-150 Lightning My Ford.com account no longer shows 12 volt percentage IMG_2013
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator: