• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Mysterious double chime while driving

Acacia1731

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 lightning pro
Well, on my Pro it happens randomly (usually in the first 30 seconds of starting vehicle, and some point in the first hour). I can confirm (for me) it's not related to BlueCruise, User Profiles, Navigation, Speed Limit signs, or ACC.
Same here - my Pro model gives seemingly random double chime alerts (same as the "school zone" notification, but without any messages appearing).
Sponsored

LightningGirlDad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Pro
Add my 22 Pro to the mix. I get the double ding at random timesā€¦ backing up, normal driving etc. No warning signs on the dash. Very strange.

Labs4Lightning

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 150 lariat, 22 lightning lariat blend 4/18/22
You can disable the seat belt chime there was a thread and Utube video on Mach E forum. Works for Lightning too.
This procedure is described in the manual. Who knew.

wgatkinson

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning
Hey everyone,

I just wanted to see if anyone else has heard this on their trucks. Sometimes when Iā€™m driving around, Iā€™ll get the double chime sound for seemingly no reason. Itā€™s smart enough to lower my music volume but nothing pops up on the dash or screen.

It happened yesterday. I left my house, drove for about 5 minutes and then while cruising alongā€¦ *ding* *ding*

I was at 91% SOC, sport mode, cruising around 35mph.

It doesnā€™t happen everyday and seems to be random. Iā€™ll try to get a video of the interior when it happens.
It has recently started doing that to me too. Most often it is soon after I start the truck but sometimes it happens randomly when driving down the road. There are no alerts, nothing pops up, it just chimes for no reason.

Sponsored

Tenetke

First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜22 Lightning Platinum, ā€˜21 Aviator, ā€˜23 Bronco WT
Occupation
dad
I get the double ding occasionally. My theory is it is the same ding you get if you are driving and press the seat position recall. The seat will not move and the display will tell you if canā€™t recall the seat memory will in motion. I am using PAAK. Usually my profile does not load when I start the truck. Very rarely my profile will load while driving. I think when the profile loads while you are already in motion you get the double ding because the profile is trying to recall the seat position but canā€™t.
I get the random double chime occasionally too. I use the paak too but my profile loads normally unless I remote start from the app or key fob and then it loads the guest profile. I find that just as annoying as the random double chime.

MM in SouthTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat
This procedure is described in the manual. Who knew.
I turned off the driver seat belt chime. I have been through the same procedure for the passenger seat belt several times, and it will not turn off. Anyone have a clue on that one?

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
I turned off the driver seat belt chime. I have been through the same procedure for the passenger seat belt several times, and it will not turn off. Anyone have a clue on that one?
You have to be sitting in the passenger seat to get it to work.

3rdgenfan

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 XLT SR, G8 GXP, TDI Rabbit
@MapleMan650

I got the chimes/alerts yesterday getting ready to leave work. I think it was indeed the Navigational Alerts posted by @TaxmanHog.

My truck popped up with a message on the built-in nav before Android Auto took over asking if I'd like to go to my home address as it saw a trend.

It wasn't as loud as they previously were but it was the same tone.

Sponsored

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
@MapleMan650

I got the chimes/alerts yesterday getting ready to leave work. I think it was indeed the Navigational Alerts posted by @TaxmanHog.

My truck popped up with a message on the built-in nav before Android Auto took over asking if I'd like to go to my home address as it saw a trend.

It wasn't as loud as they previously were but it was the same tone.
That could be, if that is the case then there is more than 1 thing causing these double chimes as I get them without any nav active, or pop-ups.

3rdgenfan

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 XLT SR, G8 GXP, TDI Rabbit
That could be, if that is the case then there is more than 1 thing causing these double chimes as I get them without any nav active, or pop-ups.
I'll keep playing around with it but it was a random message in the background of the screen; otherwise I don't use the built in nav.

Tenetke

First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜22 Lightning Platinum, ā€˜21 Aviator, ā€˜23 Bronco WT
Occupation
dad
I just parked in my truck and I happened to have my Nav screen up. I heard the double chime and a window popped up. I turned the Destination Suggestions off.

Webbo85

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat ER, 2002 Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Mech Engineer
So I just disabled the driver side seatbelt warning a few days ago, and I feel like ever since I've been getting the double chime when starting up the truck. And I thought everyone was just making it up! I may try turning it back on and see if it goes away.

OP
OP

MapleMan650

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Ford Lightning Lariat ER, 2017 Ford Mustang GT
Occupation
I.T.
While using Ford Sync maps, I will receive ALERTS for school zones, traffic and stop light cameras.

1680884239612.png

I think it's safe to say that the double chime is from navigation alerts even when I'm not using the Ford Sync maps. Over the past couple of weeks, everytime I hear the double-chime, I jump over to Sync maps and there is some sort of traffic alert on the screen.
Sponsored