• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Uzzter

First Name
Usman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat
Do you know if it has any smart features? Can you control charging from the Tesla app? My understanding is that Tesla briefly released a J1772 charger last year but it was a "dumb" charger.

I can't find any real information on this online. On Tesla's site if you click for more features it brings you to information about the regular Tesla wall charger.
I haven’t gotten my truck yet to use it but after installing it I set it up via the QR code that comes with it and using the URL address was able to get the screen below. Its web interface is exactly the same as the normal Tesla gen 3 charger. You’re able to select software updates, the amp load your using in your circuit, access control(which cars can use it), and power share with other gen 3 wall connectors. I don’t have the option on my Tesla App to add the wall connector(only vehicle and powerwall currently), I have to contact Tesla support to see if this is an invitation only option currently on the App.

the hardest part for doing this setup was actually connecting to Wifi. This connector only takes a 2.4ghz network. My current mesh network has a quad band setup and it would not connect to my main network. I had to turn off 5ghz in my IOT network, leaving only 2.4ghz active after which it connected without issues.

Ford F-150 Lightning Tesla releases J1772 Wall Connector Home Charger (For Non-Teslas) 155CA180-8960-4DD7-BE19-7D3EA54329B8
Sponsored