• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Need help fighting my dealer for my original Pro pricing

OP
OP

jdmackes

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Pro
Here is what I created to illustrate my issue. I will send this over to the email provided. Others can use this as well, just modify to match your situation.
Screen Shot 2023-05-20 at 9.58.29 AM.png

Screen Shot 2023-05-20 at 10.01.42 AM.png
You could also show them the memos from Ford that specifically say that orders already placed are protected from the price increases
Sponsored

Preet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F150 Lightning Pro
Occupation
Engineer
You could also show them the memos from Ford that specifically say that orders already placed are protected from the price increases
Yeah I forgot to include that slide. This is a screenshot of the slide, but the attachments are included in the PDF doc that I created.

I appreciate the feedback. If there is anything else I should include, let me know and I will incorporate into list of illistrations.
Ford F-150 Lightning Need help fighting my dealer for my original Pro pricing 3

mr2urbo004

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F150 Lightning Pro, Tow Tech,
The other issuse we have is alot of the Pro Trim are being release so that means everyone will be complaining which will have regional tied up.

mr2urbo004

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dealers add-on. Please let dealer know it is illegal to force you to pay for add-on. FTC section 463.5 states it and tell them you will file a compliant to ftc.
  1. Prohibit dealers from charging for worthless add-ons. § 463.5 (a)
Dealers have deceptively charged hundreds of dollars for add-on products that provide no value, including “rustproofing,” that does not actually prevent rust, theft prevention services without evidence of efficacy, and “nitrogen filled tires” that have no more nitrogen than normal air. The FTC also explicitly states that this would prohibit dealers from selling GAP coverage to a consumer whose loan balance was low enough that GAP is unnecessary, or where hidden restrictions would exclude the car from the GAP coverage altogether.

https://consumerfed.org/the-ftcs-proposed-auto-dealer-rule-part-2-add-on-products/

OP
OP

jdmackes

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Pro
Has anyone had any luck in getting their dealerships to back down? I know a couple of people had said they did, but I don't know if they actually took delivery or not

Sponsored

Preet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F150 Lightning Pro
Occupation
Engineer
I heard back from a ford rep yesterday morning. My regional rep is supposed to reach out to the dealer today. I should have some news tomorrow.

mr2urbo004

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I show my dealer that memo and then he shows me one from May 2022. He doesnt understand what "Current converted retail orders awaiting scheduling are unaffected by this adjustment." means. He is the GM.

OP
OP

jdmackes

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Pro
I show my dealer that memo and then he shows me one from May 2022. He doesnt understand what "Current converted retail orders awaiting scheduling are unaffected by this adjustment." means. He is the GM.
What difference would one from May of 2022 make? The ones you showed are newer anyway. Are you still fighting with them?

mr2urbo004

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yeah still no resolution yet. Seems to be more hassel than it is worth for a truck that I didnt get the option I wanted especially the 9.6kw pro power and adaptive cruise control.

OP
OP

jdmackes

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Pro
Yeah still no resolution yet. Seems to be more hassel than it is worth for a truck that I didnt get the option I wanted especially the 9.6kw pro power and adaptive cruise control.
You can add adaptive cruise control for under $500. Don't think that there's much to be done about the pro power though.

Sponsored

mr2urbo004

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
You can add adaptive cruise control for under $500. Don't think that there's much to be done about the pro power though.
Yeah I read that. My dealer didnt help me and he kept saying the system wouldnt let him change that feature that I forgot to pick when I order it online.

mr2urbo004

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Does anyone know if I brought someone Ford Power Station Pro that I can activate it to use for ome intergration?

OP
OP

jdmackes

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Pro
Yeah I read that. My dealer didnt help me and he kept saying the system wouldnt let him change that feature that I forgot to pick when I order it online.
I meant after the fact. I ordered a pro so it doesn't have the option for adaptive cruise control

mr2urbo004

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I meant after the fact. I ordered a pro so it doesn't have the option for adaptive cruise control
I Really thought the Pro had it and that I picked that option for ACC. I pick Trailier technology and thought i saw ACC. That was a mean feature I need since used to My Tesla and BMW with it.

OP
OP

jdmackes

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Pro
I Really thought the Pro had it and that I picked that option for ACC. I pick Trailier technology and thought i saw ACC. That was a mean feature I need since used to My Tesla and BMW with it.
Nope, I've got max towing and tow tech and it's just normal cruise control. I think you have to jump to the xlt trim and even then it's another option that ads several thousand
Sponsored