• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Need help fighting my dealer for my original Pro pricing

jdmackes

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Pro
Hello Everyone, I have a bit of a long post to write out as it is a lot to explain, so I hope you'll forgive me for that.

I originally preordered my Pro on 5/20/21 and was invited to order for the 22 model year. As they didn't build my Pro that year, like many others I was given the option to change to a different trim, or delay the pro until 23, which I did. I received an email from Ford on 8/10/22 stating that my chance to order was about to happen, and to look out for it. I constantly checked my e-mail and the Ford website, but no order option ever came up. After about a week of waiting, I received an e-mail that my reservation had been cancelled. I freaked out and contacted my dealership wondering what the hell was going on, as I really wanted my Pro and didn't want to cancel. The issue was that between when I did my reservation and when I was able to order my dealership was purchased by another company, so they had to refund all of the reservations that the old company had (but my reservation was still valid).

About a half week later, I was contacted by the manager of the dealership asking if I was still interested in ordering my Pro, which I stated I was and just hadn't been given the option to order yet. He stated that according to their records, Ford had e-mailed me back on 8/16 and I should have the option to order through the website or through that e-mail (which I didn't, and I never received the e-mail). After a day or so he was able to get someone at Ford to send out that order e-mail, but whenever I would put in my information it would error out and not let me complete the order. On 8/25 they were able to get some sort of order to show up on their system, but it was not for my Pro model; it started as an XLT and then later changed to a Lariat. Over the course of the next two and a half months I followed up with the dealership and the stated that it was an internal Ford issue and they were working on it.

Towards the end of October (10/25 I believe), my dealer reached out to me and asked me to build the truck that I wanted on the website, save it, and send it to him so that his Regional Director could get it loaded. Finally, on 11/9/22, my order was placed and switched to a Pro model, which was all I wanted to do back in August. Throughout this process, I had checked in with my dealer multiple times about how I wanted to make sure I received the MY22 pricing, and they stated that I would. I even checked in again after the October price increase and told them that I was getting concerned since there had now been two price increases and they stated not to worry.

My truck was finally built and delivered yesterday, but the only thing that the dealership is giving me is the $7k price protection from the change between MY22 and MY23, so we're $13k apart on what the price should be. What I don't understand is that even if Ford was taking my order date to be 11/9/22, there should have only been a $5k difference in our prices. I know a lot of people here have been through this same situation, and I provided the dealership with the internal Ford memos showing that existing orders are not affected by the later price increases, but they are still saying that they aren't getting the go ahead from Ford. I have e-mails and text messages to back up everything that I'm saying here, and even on Ford's website I'm showing two different order dates (one page shows my order as 8/25/22, another shows it as 11/9/22). I just didn't know if anyone had any advice for me to try and get this straightened out. I've been so excited for this truck for so long, but I'm completely unwilling to get screwed over by the dealership for something that was completely not my fault.

I'd appreciate any help or advice that anyone could give and once again, I'm sorry for the long story. If any of it doesn't make sense or needs to be clarified just let me know and I'll try to explain better. Thanks!
Sponsored

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
Look up the other price protection threads here for more information.

OP
OP

jdmackes

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Pro
Look up the other price protection threads here for more information.
I've gone through most all of them and on Reddit and I'm trying anything I can. The dealership reached out to me and said they would give me an extra $4k off to seal the deal, and I just told them no, we're 13k apart not 4k. I haven't been able to find the listing of regional rep info, I've been searching for that so I could reach out to them. Didn't know if anyone knew anything else I could try that I haven't found (gave them the memos, told them about how they get repaid by Ford, sent them the video from Long McArthur about price protection) or if @Ford Motor Company could direct me to someone to help

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
DORA

Sponsored

Amps

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt
You didn't pre-order a Pro on 5/20/21, you paid $100 to a dealer to get in Ford's reservation-to-order line. I think you realize this, but it's not clear from your first sentence.

When did the dealer change hands? When was your $100 reservation fee refunded to you? I think one of them completed an order for a Lariat when you deferred the original offer to complete the order. Now, your price protection is messed up because it is tied to your order number–the one that turned into a Lariat.

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Networking Tech
You'll have to forgive me, what is the DORA?
Dealer order receipt acknowledgement or 'DORA'
DORA comes from Ford once they've agreed to build it, at a certain price.

That's how you find out what the exact price at the time of ROVP/COVP was entered.
You'll have to get the DORA from your dealer - no one else has access to it.

The key for price protection is when the order was officially placed - not when you reserved it.

Here's a sample:
Ford F-150 Lightning Need help fighting my dealer for my original Pro pricing DORA

OP
OP

jdmackes

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Pro
You didn't pre-order a Pro on 5/20/21, you paid $100 to a dealer to get in Ford's reservation-to-order line. I think you realize this, but it's not clear from your first sentence.

When did the dealer change hands? When was your $100 reservation fee refunded to you? I think one of them completed an order for a Lariat when you deferred the original offer to complete the order. Now, your price protection is messed up because it is tied to your order number–the one that turned into a Lariat.
Yes, I know it is a reservation to order line so I'm good on that. I did received the e-mail to pospone to MY23 for my Pro though, so I'm good on the 7k private offer, the dealership sees that and offered that to me.

I'm noit 100% sure when the dealership changed hands, but I wad refunded my $100 in August, I believe on the 18th or 19th, so right around when I was supposed to be ordering my Pro (but was never given the option).

That is probably what happened, as it was an XLT at first and I kept reaching out to them to make sure they knew I didn't want an XLT and I wanted a Pro, then it switched to a Lariat and then finally to a Pro. From what I was told their regional was the one that had to get involved to fix everything,

OP
OP

jdmackes

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Pro
Dealer order receipt acknowledgement or 'DORA'
DORA comes from Ford once they've agreed to build it, at a certain price.

That's how you find out what the exact price at the time of ROVP/COVP was entered.
You'll have to get the DORA from your dealer - no one else has access to it.

Here's a sample:
DORA.jpeg
Gotcha, never received that, nor did I ever receive an e-mail stating what my price was or my build information, as the dealership asked for that yesterday as well. I think the other price protections should be able to be fixed, but I also don't want to be $5k out of pocket just because Ford's backend software is all screwed up and because I didn't choose a different dealership.

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Networking Tech
Gotcha, never received that, nor did I ever receive an e-mail stating what my price was or my build information, as the dealership asked for that yesterday as well. I think the other price protections should be able to be fixed, but I also don't want to be $5k out of pocket just because Ford's backend software is all screwed up and because I didn't choose a different dealership.
You never will get a DORA - it's an internal dealer document that most people do not know about.

The biggest question you should ask: when was my Pro order entered into Ford's ROVP/COVP ?

Then the acknowledgement from Ford to the dealer will be the DORA showing the dates.

Without the dates, it's hard to tell if you qualify for the price protection.

Price protection is dependent on when the order was placed by the dealer and acknowledged by Ford -not you - not when your $500 deposit was placed.

In my case, I placed my $1500 deposit in mid April 2022 but the dealer did not officially enter it till end of April 2022.
Just a few weeks and my destination & delivery charge went up $100.

Sponsored
OP
OP

jdmackes

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Pro
You never will get a DORA - it's an internal dealer document that most people do not know about.

The biggest question you should ask: when was my Pro order entered into Ford's ROVP/COVP ?

Then the acknowledgement from Ford to the dealer will be the DORA showing the dates.

Without the dates, it's hard to tell if you qualify for the price protection.

Price protection is dependent on when the order was placed by the dealer and acknowledged by Ford -not you - not when your $500 deposit was placed.

In my case, I placed my $1500 deposit in mid April 2022 but the dealer did not officially enter it till end of April 2022.
Just a few weeks and my destination & delivery charge went up $100.
I never even placed a deposit. I asked if I needed to and was told no. My frustration would be that even if my order isn't showing until later in Ford's system, that isn't on me. I tried to order in August as soon as I could and was prevented from doing so due to backend problems with Ford's ordering system. I would think that if I had been able to do my order, the dealership would have processed it before any of the additional increases happened in October. It was constant checking and contacting and asking what was going on for nearly three months before they got it fixed.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
I never even placed a deposit. I asked if I needed to and was told no. My frustration would be that even if my order isn't showing until later in Ford's system, that isn't on me. I tried to order in August as soon as I could and was prevented from doing so due to backend problems with Ford's ordering system. I would think that if I had been able to do my order, the dealership would have processed it before any of the additional increases happened in October. It was constant checking and contacting and asking what was going on for nearly three months before they got it fixed.
Here's the problem. What you should have done was back when this all happened is say "I need documentation NOW for what my price would have been had you not all screwed this up". You didn't do that, it's now 6+ months later. Since nothing was put into the system until the actual order, you're probably SOL.

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Networking Tech
In your case, ordering was done thru the dealer.
Hard to tell if you are price protected.

What you can do is:
Take delivery with $7K off.
If you are eligible for further price protections, you will receive a refund check from Ford.

That's how some people had to do it because the dealership would not front the additional price protection monies.

OP
OP

jdmackes

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Pro
Just talked to my dealership and it looks like the regional rep was able to get everything fixed and the price back to what it should be. Don't know if they reached out to him and he was working on it, or if it was the e-mail that I sent to him a half hour ago, but either way, looks like I'm coming home with my truck today!

OP
OP

jdmackes

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Pro
In your case, ordering was done thru the dealer.
Hard to tell if you are price protected.

What you can do is:
Take delivery with $7K off.
If you are eligible for further price protections, you will receive a refund check from Ford.

That's how some people had to do it because the dealership would not front the additional price protection monies.
I wouldn't have minded that, but they didn't seem to think that they would be paid for the price protection money at all. Either way, the regional rep took care of it so it's back to the 47k or so that it should have been after my options
Sponsored