• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Please Help! Dealer does not see / will not look for the $5,000 Price Protection on my Pro -- Giving Me 24 Hours

BrettRS

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Focus RS, Lightning Pro, etc.
Hello All!

My lightning surprised me by being marked as 'shipped' to on my local Ford dealer's lot in about 1 hour, so today I went into the dealership to purchase my new Lightning Pro.

Unfortunately, when I arrived, the dealer stated they are able to see the $7,000 Customer Private Satisfaction Offer but not the additional $5,000 from the MSRP increase from when I ordered. They are also unwilling to do any leg work to help me get the additional $5,000 -- both the dealer and I understand that they will make way more money if I don't take delivery, so they are willing to do nothing to help me on this. They said I could bring in something with information on the $5,000 price protection and they would look at it, but I don't have anything to offer them for this yet.

Here are my order details:

VIN: 1FTVW1EL9PWG07177
Reservation Date: 05/20/2021
Customer Submission Date: 08/11/2022
Accepted Date: 08-12-22
Order ID can be provided if it will be helpful

Here is a full timeline:

Preorder: 05/20/2021
Extended for unavailable Lightning Pro: 03/14/2022
Order Bank for 2023 Pro Opens for me / Order Placed: 08/11/2022
Order Accepted: 08/12/2022

Now, the MSRP when I ordered was $46,974 and there were a million notices on the order page that the MY22 pricing would be honored through a $7,000 private offer. This is in 'Smart Vincent' and the dealership is willing to give me.

On October 10th, the MSRP of the Pro increased by $5,000 to $51,974. My window sticker price also increased. This was not the MSRP when I ordered and I've seen the Ford Price Protection flyer posted here, but no details on how anyone got this $5,000. It is not in Smart Vincent and my dealer will not look to find it unless I am telling them where to look.

They've given me 24 hours to come back with information on how to get the $5,000 credit or to pay the extra $5,000 or they are going to sell it to someone else.

I spent over an hour on the phone with two different people at 'Ford Corp. Marketing'. Both able to see and confirm the $7,000 but said the $5,000 was all dealership-side and they were unable to help. Since the dealership is unwilling to help, I'm stuck in-between and thus am reaching out to the forum to help me figure out how to get this $5,000.

If anyone has any information from a Ford dealer on how they did the price protection adjustment, or how I can lock in that I will get the $5,000 later down the line if it isn't factored into the price, I will take any advice. I am on a very short timeline with the end of the year and the dealership's deadline, so if you can help at all, I would really appreciate it.

I have also left a message at another (better) Ford dealer where I bought my Focus RS, to see if that salesman can help me point my dealership in the right direction, but I haven't heard back. I was unable to select this dealership when I did my preorder in May 2021, for whatever reason, so I had to go with my local Ford dealer.

UPDATE: 4:30PM EST -- I just went back to the dealer and showed them " 2023MY F-150 Lightning Pricing Action & Retail Pro Series Sold Out" memo that states " Current converted retail orders awaiting scheduling are unaffected by [the second price] adjustment."...I also got the DORA. They said that's great and want me to get the best price, but they need to hear it from Ford and that the memo won't do.

He was unwilling to call the Dealer Rep with me there. Instead, he said he would have an inventory manager send an E-Mail to the regional rep and we would wait for a response. I am not optimistic, but if I at least see that Ford agrees that my MSRP from my 05/21, extended and ordered Pro should be $44,974 and not $39,974, then I guess I am out of options. I have had 0 luck on the phone with Ford corporate all day.

I just wish Ford would clearly state if the small amount of MY22 Pro Reservation Extensions --> MY23 Pro Reservation --> MY23 Pro Order @ Order Bank Opening in August = WHAT MSRP?!?! My thought was Ford wanted those who actually preordered, extended, and followed-through to actually get the advertised $39,974 MSRP price -- it looks like that won't be happening for me.

Ford F-150 Lightning Please Help! Dealer does not see / will not look for the $5,000 Price Protection on my Pro -- Giving Me 24 Hours 20221229_120241
Sponsored

Attachments

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
Have them call their regional sales rep. The regional rep should confirm for them. My dealer in Oregon had to call their rep in Florida (I know, that sounds silly).

EdwinT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Pro, Matrix, 91 Galant VR4 (for sale)
UPDATE: 4:30PM EST -- I just went back to the dealer and showed them " 2023MY F-150 Lightning Pricing Action & Retail Pro Series Sold Out" memo that states " Current converted retail orders awaiting scheduling are unaffected by [the second price] adjustment."...I also got the DORA. They said that's great and want me to get the best price, but they need to hear it from Ford and that the memo won't do.

He was unwilling to call the Dealer Rep with me there. Instead, he said he would have an inventory manager send an E-Mail to the regional rep and we would wait for a response. I am not optimistic, but if I at least see that Ford agrees that my MSRP from my 05/21, extended and ordered Pro should be $44,974 and not $39,974, then I guess I am out of options. I have had 0 luck on the phone with Ford corporate all day.

I just wish Ford would clearly state if the small amount of MY22 Pro Reservation Extensions --> MY23 Pro Reservation --> MY23 Pro Order @ Order Bank Opening in August = WHAT MSRP?!?! My thought was Ford wanted those who actually preordered, extended, and followed-through to actually get the advertised $39,974 MSRP price -- it looks like that won't be happening for me.
In the attachment @FordVideoGuy posted in this thread, the very bottom of it states:
QUESTIONS
In the event you have questions related to the above change to the dealer invoice, please contact:
•Retail: Submit via FMCDealer and select Dealers Ask Ford – Business Assistance Center

I have no idea if this will help, but I would also look into terms and conditions of them releasing it to another buyer to see if you have any lerverage. You never denied delivery...they are implying you denied because you are trying to settle the extra $5000 difference. is the timeline really 24hrs?!?! i cannot imagine it being that short. Sounds like they are trying to bully you into giving it up or paying more. have you spoken to the general manager? try these two things and then its time to get social media and local news reporters to write up an article lol.

@Ford Motor Company this is beyond unacceptable. I am in a similar situation going on weeks trying to get my dealer to "figure this out" so I am ready to take delivery when it arrives. They say they are aware of price protection but don't know if it applies to the lightning which doesn't make sense. You have thousands and thousands of customers going through these motions with all the vehicles that jumped in price. All these customers are complaining to their friends and family how awful of an experience they are having with Ford. Sure the dealership is a franchise, but to all us average joes...it looks like Ford Corporate is playing these games since they represent you!!! Please provide us something tangible to present to our dealers to make this process smoother!

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
OP
OP

BrettRS

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Have them call their regional sales rep. The regional rep should confirm for them. My dealer in Oregon had to call their rep in Florida (I know, that sounds silly).
They are unwilling to call, they said they would send an email. I guess we'll see.

Sponsored
OP
OP

BrettRS

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Here are the DORAs that the dealer gave me when I went in tonight, it looks like the order date DORA has the $46,974 MSRP Price Level, but has an error generating the pricing. Then the Nov. 11 DORA has the Price Level 325 and has the October updated MSRP.

I don't care about sharing, my dealer made it pretty clear today that unless I can get Ford Corporate to instruct them to charge my promised MSRP, I'm either paying the higher MSRP or not getting the truck. So I'll at least put what I got out there, if it helps anyone compare to what they see at their dealers.

Ignore my doodling, I've spent a lot of time on hold on the phone today and tonight...

Ford F-150 Lightning Please Help! Dealer does not see / will not look for the $5,000 Price Protection on my Pro -- Giving Me 24 Hours 20221229_212850

Ford F-150 Lightning Please Help! Dealer does not see / will not look for the $5,000 Price Protection on my Pro -- Giving Me 24 Hours 20221229_213011

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
Here are the DORAs that the dealer gave me when I went in tonight, it looks like the order date DORA has the $46,974 MSRP Price Level, but has an error generating the pricing. Then the Nov. 11 DORA has the Price Level 325 and has the October updated MSRP.

I don't care about sharing, my dealer made it pretty clear today that unless I can get Ford Corporate to instruct them to charge my promised MSRP, I'm either paying the higher MSRP or not getting the truck. So I'll at least put what I got out there, if it helps anyone compare to what they see at their dealers.

Ignore my doodling, I've spent a lot of time on hold on the phone today and tonight...

20221229_212850.jpg

20221229_213011.jpg
Bummer! Be sure to post who your dealer is so others know to avoid. Especially those with MY23 waiting to be built and delivered.

OP
OP

BrettRS

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bummer! Be sure to post who your dealer is so others know to avoid. Especially those with MY23 waiting to be built and delivered.
It's the dealer named after my hometown, riiiiight

<------Here

EdwinT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Reactions: s_c

Sponsored

asianman35

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Antimatter Blue Pro

hipchecker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford
Can you please tell us how you got a hold of the regional manager? I need to do the same thing for the NorthEast one

NoBite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Pro
Same thing here in CT, can you tell us how you were able to get through to the reginal rep?

EdwinT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Same thing here in CT, can you tell us how you were able to get through to the reginal rep?
Can you please tell us how you got a hold of the regional manager? I need to do the same thing for the NorthEast one
No idea. I bugged and bugged and bugged my dealer 4 weeks ahead of time to get in touch with them. More for them though since I had a paper showing the price when I ordered and their signature saying “price will be MSRP”

but yea I pestered them and showed the internal Ford pricing sheets that say current orders aren’t affected and also sent them the FAQs page on Ford.com that shows pricing is protected from order date

hipchecker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford
Yeah it’s tough and Ford Marketing isn’t willing to help. Can you supply this internal document please so I can print it out? And do you have a link for the FAQ sheet Regarding the price protection? Thank you.
Sponsored