• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Need help fighting my dealer for my original Pro pricing

mr2urbo004

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F150 Lightning Pro, Tow Tech,
How are you liking the F150 Pro version? And what did you used to drive
Sponsored

OP
OP

jdmackes

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Pro
How are you liking the F150 Pro version? And what did you used to drive
Loving it so far. The amount of things you can add to it or change on it make it by far the best bang for the buck you can get (if you're getting it at the 22 pricing). I've got to do the adaptive cruise control mod this weekend hopefully, and see if I can figure out how to get the heated steering wheel to work and then I should be pretty much done with everything (unless someone can figure out how to do the passive unlock with the handles).

I was driving a BMW before this, I've only ever driven BMW's, had an 86 635csi and a 02 325i. Drove the first for 7 years or so and the 325i for 17-18 years. It's odd how quickly I got used to the lightning; when I tried to drive my wife's cherokee I felt like I was driving a clown car

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
Yeah I read that. My dealer didnt help me and he kept saying the system wouldnt let him change that feature that I forgot to pick when I order it online.
My understanding is that the dealer can change the order up until the window sticker is generated. If your request was before or after this point makes the difference if the dealer could or could not make the change. It's pretty irrelevant at this point though.

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
I Really thought the Pro had it and that I picked that option for ACC. I pick Trailier technology and thought i saw ACC. That was a mean feature I need since used to My Tesla and BMW with it.
ACC is part of co-pilot 360 Assist 2.0 which requires the XLT high trim package 312A. It is not available even as an option on the Pro trim.

mr2urbo004

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
My understanding is that the dealer can change the order up until the window sticker is generated. If your request was before or after this point makes the difference if the dealer could or could not make the change. It's pretty irrelevant at this point though.
Yes I try to have them change it in Sept, Oct, Nov, and Dec and he kept telling he did it which he did and then in Jan he said it didn't let him do it. But the truck wasn't built until April. That's what happen when you picked the wrong dealer and the GM is lazy and doesn't know how to do anything. He said he been working for Ford forever so that just tells you everytihng.

Sponsored

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
Yes I try to have them change it in Sept, Oct, Nov, and Dec and he kept telling he did it which he did and then in Jan he said it didn't let him do it. But the truck wasn't built until April. That's what happen when you picked the wrong dealer and the GM is lazy and doesn't know how to do anything. He said he been working for Ford forever so that just tells you everytihng.
If that is a feature that is important to you, find a vehicle at another dealer that has it, the biggest issue will be price, but it seems your dealer is already not honoring price at order.

mr2urbo004

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
If that is a feature that is important to you, find a vehicle at another dealer that has it, the biggest issue will be price, but it seems your dealer is already not honoring price at order.
Still working on the price.

jimfigler

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Lariat ER, 21 Corvette Convertible
One thing my dealer always warned me was that if I made a change to my order and if there were any prices increases since the original order these new prices would be updated on the order.

mr2urbo004

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Also try to have it changed in August right after I placed the order and they never did it. So it wouldn't matter. Just didn't know what the 9.6kw was for until I read more about it.

jimfigler

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Lariat ER, 21 Corvette Convertible
Also try to have it changed in August right after I placed the order and they never did it. So it wouldn't matter. Just didn't know what the 9.6kw was for until I read more about it.
Early september is when I had mine charged for tow tech and 9.6 pro power. Initially the GM claimed he couldnt do it, but to his credit he asked his boss and got it done

Sponsored

mr2urbo004

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
You got a good dealer.

mr2urbo004

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Now I will regret not having the 9.6kw. Hopefully someone figures out how to add it on.

OP
OP

jdmackes

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Pro
Now I will regret not having the 9.6kw. Hopefully someone figures out how to add it on.
What did you need from the 9.6kw version? Mine was forced on me with either the max towing or tow tech package. I'm interested in using it to backup power to my house, but in all honesty we very rarely lose power where I live, and even then it's usually only for a few minutes.

mr2urbo004

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes I wanted to use as backup power as I need my servers up 24/7. Also cool to be able to charge mt other cars if I need to. Might try to use 120v to 240v to test how much I can power. Aslo to add 9.6kw was cheap enough for $1200 which was a big mistake on my part for not adding it and will make thw truck worth more.

mr2urbo004

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Seem like the Ford F150 lightning are dropping in price and alot of dealers has these truck instock now. Might not be selling well anymore.
Sponsored