• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

New truck tried to kill me!

OP
OP
MontanaLightning

MontanaLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F-150 Lightning
The truck was completely unresponsive tonight. I checked the battery voltage 12.70, then I checked the jumper posts which was under 1v. Started checking the fuses and found a very loose terminal. Found the smoking gun!
Ford F-150 Lightning New truck tried to kill me! 1000002062
Sponsored

mme_and_lightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME 2022 Iced White, 2023 Lightning Platinum
To be clear, are you saying that you found a loose terminal for a fuse and tightened it up (somehow) and all is OK now?

HTSA will be interested if that is the case.

As I was reading this about my MME, I remember in the Owner's Manual a section about an automatic accident-avoidance feature. I was wondering if something happened with that.

All-in-all, I'm hoping you respond with "yes, that was the issue."

OP
OP
MontanaLightning

MontanaLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F-150 Lightning
Yes, the loose terminal would explain all my issues. Even the false intrusion alarm on the frunk. The purple nut goes to the LV battery. It got hot! It looks much more heat soaked in person. I'm hopeful this solves everything. The dealer will inspect everything when I bring it in for CSP items.

Last edited:

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Yes, the loose terminal would explain all my issues. Even the false intrusion alarm on the frunk. The purple nut goes to the LV battery. It got hot! It's looks much more heat soaked in person. I'm hopeful this solves everything. The dealer will inspect everything when I bring it in for CSP items.

JUST WOW :eek: So much for Quality Workmanship being JOB ONE!

Last edited:

Toby57

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F-150 XL 101A
Occupation
retired
Photo in post 46, nuts must be machine torqued. No torque marks, no I checked the torque marks. If someone had checked with a torque wrench loose nut would have been caught and wouldn't have gotten hotter than a popcorn fart.
I could be wrong.

Lytning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prev: 2000 SVT Lightning; Now: 2022 BEV Lightning
Occupation
Engineer
Yes, the loose terminal would explain all my issues. Even the false intrusion alarm on the frunk. The purple nut goes to the LV battery. It got hot! It looks much more heat soaked in person. I'm hopeful this solves everything. The dealer will inspect everything when I bring it in for CSP items.
Is that an arc burn on top of the threaded stud?

Ford F-150 Lightning New truck tried to kill me! Hot Terminal
Sponsored