• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

No software version info on screen or in Ford Pass app

queuewho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat SR
I tried seeing what version of the Truck software I am on, and it doesn't seem to be listed anywhere. I looked through basically every page in the Ford Pass app, and in the settings in the truck, under update details, it just says "your system is up-to-date". Am I missing something, or is my truck in a weird store mode or what?
Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow Iconic Silver
Occupation
Retired
You've observed the obvious that we all complain about, there is NO current version status on trucks display screen or in the app, hundreds have made recommendations to @Ford Motor Company to include this information in a future update.

OP
OP
queuewho

queuewho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat SR
You've observed the obvious that we all complain about, there is NO current version status on trucks display screen or in the app, hundreds have made recommendations to @Ford Motor Company to include this information in a future update.
I just assumed that since everyone talks about versions that they knew which one they were on. Thanks, I thought I was blind or something.

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
I just assumed that since everyone talks about versions that they knew which one they were on. Thanks, I thought I was blind or something.
People mention the Power-Up update number. There is no overall software version number.

hiimisaac

First Name
Isaac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat (510A)
Occupation
Software Engineer
You and I are in the same boat. After we get our first real updates, we'll be able to see our power up version. But ours is on factory/dealership updates and hasn't received one since we took ownership. Just gotta sit and wait.

Sponsored

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
While you can see the latest OTA update you have received, for a period of time, you can never see what version you're on, except for the Sync software itself. Any dealer-applied updates will never show either.

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
Thanks for the thread. I just had the same issue and thought it must be me. There is no way a company this big, running a 6000 lb vehicle on a software capable of OTA without displaying the version somewhere (in 2023). Mighty disturbing. I hope they don’t manage drivetrain and Regen controls with the same level of oversight.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Thanks for the thread. I just had the same issue and thought it must be me. There is no way a company this big, running a 6000 lb vehicle on a software capable of OTA without displaying the version somewhere (in 2023). Mighty disturbing. I hope they don’t manage drivetrain and Regen controls with the same level of oversight.
Agreed, we need version history with dates for when it was applied to the trucks ecosystem.

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
Agreed, we need version history with dates for when it was applied to the trucks ecosystem.
The update process freaks me out a bit. On one hand it is a new truck and there will be a ton of fixes I would want to have. On the other hand I don’t want to be on the bleeding edge of the development (not a fan of the bleeding part of being the first). There is no way for me to go back to the previous version if something blows up with an update so ideally I would want a significant delay. Minimum of a month before my update but if I go manual and there are two updates before I am ready to go for it, I hear Ford may not manage it well. In other words it may not apply all of the first update before going for next one and some changes may be missed. So as of now I have set it up for auto update scheduled for Tuesday-Wednesday 1 AM. I think It did the update for 4.1.1 last night (before I set up the schedule). Truck is not clear on if the update is waiting or it is already installed but the app tells me update was successful.

Do you think Manual update with a month delay is a safe way to go? Or I should keep it on auto update and hope it does not turn into a brick due to one line of code someone forgot to comment out?

Last edited:

Oafy44

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 ford lightning
Occupation
Landscape contractor
The update process freaks me out a bit. On one hand it is a new truck and there will be a ton of fixes I would want to have. On the other hand I don’t want to be on the bleeding edge of the development (not a fan of the bleeding part of being the first). There is no way for me to go back to the previous version if something blows up with an update so ideally I would want a significant delay. Minimum of a month before my update but if I go manual and there are two updates before I am ready to go for it, I hear Ford may not manage it well. In other words it may not apply all of the first update before going for next one and some changes may be missed. So as of now I have set it up for auto update scheduled for Tuesday-Wednesday 1 AM. I think It did the update for 4.1.1 last night (before I set up the schedule). Truck is not clear on if the update is waiting or it is already installed but the app tells me update was successful.

Do you think Manual update with a month delay is a safe way to go? Or I should keep it on auto update and hope it does not turn into a brick due to one line of code someone forgot to comment out?
You will know for sure if your truck updated 4.1.1 successfully. I got a text/ and at least 2 different posts in my ford pass saying it was successfully downloaded, then in the truck on top screen there was a symbol that looked like a download that had a check mark so all in all does let me know 4.1.1 was downloaded successfully 4 times. Which I appreciate

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Truck is not clear on if the update is waiting or it is already installed but the app tells me update was successful.

Once the update is successful the manual update button is grayed out and for the moment mine informs me about the most recent update being 4.1.1

I keep mine on auto, waiting for 4.1.2 and 4.1.3 to land, I look at it as these quick updates in succession are roll outs of independent features, and possibly minor corrections of issues from prior updates, resulting in the dual edged sword of fixing some old issues, getting some new features and potentially breaking something else.
Sponsored