• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Northern New England DCFC thread

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
My total energy burn for the trip was 122 KWH, I start the evening at 90% ~117 KWH, I needed this mid trip charge just to be sure I would get home. Next time, I'll start the drive with 100% and arrive home on fumes of electrons.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
LightningShow

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
The people riding the per minute gravy train are having a rude awakening. I bet most of them had no idea that they've been getting a great deal when fast charging the last few years. All of a sudden their "fueling costs" are up 200-400%.

OP
OP
LightningShow

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
My total energy burn for the trip was 122 KWH, I start the evening at 90% ~117 KWH, I needed this mid trip charge just to be sure I would get home. Next time, I'll start the drive with 100% and arrive home of fumes of electrons.
Wrong thread ;)

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Wrong thread ;)
Ohhhh, I'm not complaining about MPK's or SOC's and GOM's, just mentioning the amount used, it's an eye opener as far as cost goes for the total energy used, $32 at home, $59 at Nashua, actual costs for the combination charge was $37 for 186 miles of travel 19.9 cents a mile still beating my old diesel.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Now, back on topic, we need more DCFC in far northern New England, upper green mountains, Lakes region of NH and the out back of Maine.

Sponsored
OP
OP
LightningShow

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
Ohhhh, I'm not complaining about MPK's or SOC's and GOM's, just mentioning the amount used, it's an eye opener as far as cost goes for the total energy used, $32 at home, $59 at Nashua, actual costs for the combination charge was $37 for 186 miles of travel 19.9 cents a mile still beating my old diesel.
haha, i thought you meant to reply to the “low range thread” because i had asked about the total trip energy at the same time in that thread.

Piquette

First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Retired
The new DCFCs at the Concord, NH Ford dealer will be open any day now. They were working on finalizing the software for billing when I was there Tuesday morning. I understand that these chargers will be available 24/7.

For servicing the driver and passengers, there is a 24/7 Irving Circle K with rest rooms, snacks, drinks and a Subway sandwich shop.

lakeguy55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat, 2011 F-150, 98 Expedition
The new DCFCs at the Concord, NH Ford dealer will be open any day now. They were working on finalizing the software for billing when I was there Tuesday morning. I understand that these chargers will be available 24/7.

For servicing the driver and passengers, there is a 24/7 Irving Circle K with rest rooms, snacks, drinks and a Subway sandwich shop.
As of this morning, they are still cordoned off with yellow tape.

Piquette

First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Retired
I’m not sure what the hold up is. I have been checking on the status of their chargers weekly. I will stop by again on Saturday when I am in Concord. As soon as they open up the chargers I will report back here.

OP
OP
LightningShow

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
I just noticed Tesla opened *another* supercharger over the summer up in the mountains. Looks like the Thornton, NH SC opened in August. 8 stations at the new Owl’s Nest golf club.

EDIT: there are now 44 supercharger plugs north of the last 150kW CCS plug in Manchester. Just in the 93 corridor. Ridiculous.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Howard_Scott_Warshaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER, rapid red
As of this morning, they are still cordoned off with yellow tape.
The ChargePoint station at the Toyota dealership down the street saved my bacon last week. I dumped my Lightning there and carpooled with a buddy onto a fishing trip in Seabrook. I didn't realize that area was such a desert for DCFC. Was juiced up to 90% by the time I got back at ~7pm. And it was free! Thanks Grappone!

Howard_Scott_Warshaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Recently discovered the 100 kW station in N. Springfield VT off Precision Drive. It's a 100 kW nameplate but has some sort of bug. Plug in the first time and you only get ~34 kW. Stop the session, unplug, and replug to get full nominal power. This one is also in the middle of a DCFC desert, especially with the Bellows Falls unit down.

Also looks like more are planned for the White Mountains. https://www.des.nh.gov/sites/g/files/ehbemt341/files/documents/eligible-projects-received.pdf. Per the RFP the sites must be capable of up to 150 kW, but with an initial floor of 50 kW.

Last edited:

Howard_Scott_Warshaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Gervais Ford in Ayer is getting three ChargePoint DCFCs installed. Pads and hardware are installed. MV trench was dug yesterday. NGIRD needs to set the poles and the transformer. Model number on the units is CPPL0002. Can't find much online but they units look like the 500 kW units in the below link.

https://www.chargepoint.com/businesses/dc-stations/express-plus

Spoke with the manager yesterday and he affirmed the units would be open to the public.

Ford F-150 Lightning Northern New England DCFC thread 20240104_075348

OP
OP
LightningShow

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
I'm not familiar with the units but if they have legit 500A output they should be able to get the Lightning 150kW+ charging.