• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Northern New England DCFC thread

Piquette

First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Retired
Ford F-150 Lightning Northern New England DCFC thread F8284CD3-8AB0-44BA-8B94-85558F14F7AE

My Concord, NH Ford dealer has their lot torn up to install several fast DCFCs as required by Ford to become Model E certified. These should open up before the end of the year.

BTW, the service department there is excellent! The technicians are well trained in servicing Ford Mach E and Lightning vehicles, and the service representatives are honest and a pleasure to work with.
Sponsored

lakeguy55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat, 2011 F-150, 98 Expedition
My Concord, NH Ford dealer has their lot torn up to install several fast DCFCs as required by Ford to become Model E certified. These should open up before the end of the year.

BTW, the service department there is excellent! The technicians are well trained in servicing Ford Mach E and Lightning vehicles, and the service representatives are honest and a pleasure to work with.
All my interactions with them to date have been excellent also.

OP
OP
LightningShow

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
That was the rate I was getting above strange....... but in a good way once I got on terminal 3
I've had to DCFC a few times in recent weeks after not doing so for many months. Each time I've been able to get on this exact station and have been charged at $0.19/min (~$0.10/kwh). One thing I have noticed, though, is that I never get the boost charge to start the charging session. It charges around 115-120 kw for the entire time. Not sure if that's the station or my truck since I haven't DCFC'd since probably April. I wonder if the station is charging the lower rate because it's restricted in some way.

Piquette

First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Retired
Construction of the new DCFC at the Concord, NH Ford dealer is progressing. The island is complete and there are 6 places for charging EVs. It looks like the next step is installing the individual chargers and the industrial strength transformer(s).

Ford F-150 Lightning Northern New England DCFC thread E9D8A3E1-DE16-4FF9-BAC5-AD9E98101E01
Ford F-150 Lightning Northern New England DCFC thread 94D81115-8B7E-4044-8EFA-758C0E4BCCB1
Ford F-150 Lightning Northern New England DCFC thread 47AE2D8A-89EB-4D9C-8E68-29FC9566F894

Looking forward to using one of these spaces with my Lightning in the future.

Sponsored
OP
OP
LightningShow

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
Construction of the new DCFC at the Concord, NH Ford dealer is progressing. The island is complete and there are 6 places for charging EVs. It looks like the next step is installing the individual chargers and the industrial strength transformer(s).
Does anyone know what the charge rate will be? 50kW?

WRSNH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER

I had recalls and CSPs done today here - Grappone Ford in Bow, NH. The transformer is in and they were working today on the charger pedestals. Service tech says they are being told the end of this week for the charger installation to be complete (but the utility still has to make final power connections). They are hopeful they will be open to the public soon.

Howard_Scott_Warshaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER, rapid red
I had recalls and CSPs done today here - Grappone Ford in Bow, NH. The transformer is in and they were working today on the charger pedestals. Service tech says they are being told the end of this week for the charger installation to be complete (but the utility still has to make final power connections). They are hopeful they will be open to the public soon.
Is this station (like 90% of others at a dealership) going to be limited to customers only and be shut down outside of business hours?

WRSNH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Is this station (like 90% of others at a dealership) going to be limited to customers only and be shut down outside of business hours?
I was told it will be public by a dealership employee. Didn’t discuss hours or cost to charge.

Sponsored

Piquette

First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Retired
The new chargers at my Concord, NH Ford dealer are in place, but not yet operational.

Ford F-150 Lightning Northern New England DCFC thread IMG_1911

Ford F-150 Lightning Northern New England DCFC thread IMG_1912

The chargers are actually marked with the name “Ford” in script:

Ford F-150 Lightning Northern New England DCFC thread IMG_1913

No word yet on when they will actually become operational, and no information yet on availability and cost to use.

OP
OP
LightningShow

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
Still no 150kW+ CCS chargers north of Manchester. I guess it's just going to be a waiting game until the V3 Superchargers are open to Ford. (n)

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
I was surprised to find that NH has a mix of charge tolling methods, Salem EA is 37 c/min while Nashua EA is 48 c/KWH.

The event I attended last night was in Salem afterward, I planned to visit the EA at Rockingham Mall, 3 of the 4 stations were occupied, none were close to being finished, so I headed over to Nashua EA thinking (without verifying) that it would be the same rates.

That second choice cost $10.56, for 22 KWH of energy dispensed in 16 minutes [enough to ensure I got home] if terminal 4 in Salem had been working (it was not communicating with the truck P&C or the EA servers via app activation), it would have only cost $5.92

Ford F-150 Lightning Northern New England DCFC thread 1702131088192
Ford F-150 Lightning Northern New England DCFC thread 1702131128043

Seabrook is 48 c/KWH, Manchester is 44 C/min, Lebanon is 37 c/min

My home charging is 26.61 c/KWH

OP
OP
LightningShow

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
Oh, interesting. They must be in the process of switching over. I was planning on charging at Nashua on Thursday night but the station was full. I was only going to charge because I was going to the mall and the rate had still been by the minute the last time I was there. I've only been charging at DCFC due to the lower energy cost than at home. I guess that's over.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Oh, interesting. They must be in the process of switching over. I was planning on charging at Nashua on Thursday night but the station was full. I was only going to charge because I was going to the mall and the rate had still been by the minute the last time I was there. I've only been charging at DCFC due to the lower energy cost than at home. I guess that's over.

All the cars at Salem were with Mass plates (LOL)
Sponsored