• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Official: 2024 Dodge Charger Daytona (EV + ICE), Scat Pack, Daytona R/T Revealed! 670 Horsepower / 0-60mph in 3.3 Secs

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
Muscle car still slower than the new Rivian "Economy" SUV based on the leaked specs.
I haven't looked a the leaks, the R2 is supposed to be that quick?!

EDIT: I'm a little slow catching up on the forum, lol just saw the Admin post. WOW

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager

Heliian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 LR Lariat, code name "Boogaloo"
I don't know if Dodge charger fanboys are going to go for an ev drivetrain.

As long as they can simulate the experience of your diff exploding they might be okay.

Sponsored

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Didn't they brag about keeping a manual transmission in it when they first announced it? I don't see anything about it in the linked page.

ctuan13

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1979 Continental, 2022 F150 Lightning, 03 Marauder
Didn't they brag about keeping a manual transmission in it when they first announced it? I don't see anything about it in the linked page.
I don't remember there being bragging about a manual, what I do remember them touting is that there would still be a transmission, specifically a two speed for higher top speeds. From the announcements and a TFL video I watched earlier, it seems like that'll be on the higher performance model.

sstevetx

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER w/Max Tow - Atlas Blue
I agree that the drivetrain may be a hard sell for a muscle car. While I love my Lightning, I do miss the way my last car (Camaro ZL1) would kick as it changed gears. The back would slide just slightly when you punched it before traction control kicked in even at higher speeds. It really gave you that muscle car feeling.

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I don't remember there being bragging about a manual, what I do remember them touting is that there would still be a transmission, specifically a two speed for higher top speeds. From the announcements and a TFL video I watched earlier, it seems like that'll be on the higher performance model.
I had to go back to the reveal, here's the quote I was remembering:
" Unlike typical BEVs, the Dodge brand’s eRupt multi-speed transmission with electro-mechanical shifting delivers distinctive shift points, throwing shoulders into seatbacks in true Dodge style. "

So yeah, I assumed they meant manual transmission from the part about 'shift points'. Will be very interesting to see how they deliver on this.
Sponsored