• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Rivian R2 Price & Specs Leaked: $47500, 0-60 3 Sec, 330 Miles Range

ddimit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla model S 2023 F150 Lightning Lairat
Occupation
Manager
Hoping this will drive up the stock price, I bought a bunch when it was around 10.50 a share. The make a good product and I hope they survive as a company.

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 LIGHTNING PRO IcedBlueSilver 8/23/2022
Occupation
Owner
I agree... I think they will be bought and deployed as another 'sub-brand' of a larger manufacturer, like LINCOLN is to Ford, or Cadillac is to GM, etc... makes sense.

I also don't know if the 'leaked' information gives all the 'facts'... meaning, you might be reading into the information more than is really there. I would suggest, like most advertisements in these cases, that the 'low' entry-level pricing is for the 'base' vehicle that will hardly see the light of day, and the 'highest' premium trim vehicle will also be the only one with the 'maximum' RANGE... the two are not the 'same' vehicle...

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Owner
they better hope they have a competitor to the new KIA EV9 three-row seating(for 6 or 7) vehicle, which is fantastic, after only several weeks of ownership, and already available across the country - $56-$76k depending on Light(SR or ER), Land, Wind, or GT trim lines. The rear-wheel drives are 7 seaters(60/40 split bench middle row), and AWD seat 6(captains middle row)..with all having tremendous rear-row seating room and height, and amazing trunk space even before the third-row is dropped - 2nd and 3rd rows dropped also provides TOTALLY FLAT ultimate storage space!

from what we've seen with the original 'SUV', the third row leg and height is VERY lacking...

LOVE IT! Goes nicely next to our '22 LIGHTNING PRO SR, both in 'silver'(Iced Blue, and Ivory Silver)
Ford F-150 Lightning Rivian R2 Price & Specs Leaked: $47500, 0-60 3 Sec, 330 Miles Range 24 KIA EV9 Ivory Silver LIGHT SR.JPG

Sponsored

The Weatherman

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 RR F150 Lightning Lariat ER, 2020 Explorer PL
Occupation
Retired
they better hope they have a competitor to the new KIA EV9 three-row seating(for 6 or 7) vehicle, which is fantastic, after only several weeks of ownership, and already available across the country - $56-$76k depending on Light(SR or ER), Land, Wind, or GT trim lines. The rear-wheel drives are 7 seaters(60/40 split bench middle row), and AWD seat 6(captains middle row)..with all having tremendous rear-row seating room and height, and amazing trunk space even before the third-row is dropped - 2nd and 3rd rows dropped also provides TOTALLY FLAT ultimate storage space!

from what we've seen with the original 'SUV', the third row leg and height is VERY lacking...

LOVE IT! Goes nicely next to our '22 LIGHTNING PRO SR, both in 'silver'(Iced Blue, and Ivory Silver)
24 KIA EV9 Ivory Silver LIGHT SR.JPG
I am considering replacing my wife’s 2020 Explorer Platinum with one of these. How long have you had yours and what’s the worst and best thing about this model?

(Sorry for hijacking the thread . ) We will return you to your regularly scheduled programming momentarily. 😊

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager

Sorry to highjack the thread a bit, but any chance I an ask you to make a measurement for me? I am looking to see how far it is from the back of the 2nd row to the inside of the tailgate. I need to see how long of an object you can fit in the back while still having folks in the 2nd row. I need 4.5'

Not looking to make a move any time soon, but I always like to have backup plans in case something happened to my Lightning.

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
Unless the R2 has seating for 7, not interested. Wife could care less how fast it goes, she just wants something reliable and doesn't have to *think* about how it works. Found some dealers that are advertising the base EV9 (short range) at under $50k. Tempting...

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
I think R2 dimensions may be closer to RAV4 than to EV9. The problem is, they are talking about production of two years down the road but they have enough cash for one year. And if Specs and value is good enough, folks may stop buying R1 so things could get even more difficult for Rivian.

Koreans are already making life difficult for a lot of American manufacturers but if Chinese find a way in, no one (except Tesla) stands a chance. They are already sneaking in under polestar and lotus name. They can cover the whole range from a $14K BYD Dolphin to $150K Lotus Eletre. Companies like Rivian that know how to build good cars but don’t know how to make them profitably are at the mercy of Gobmint building the import walls even higher.

ctuan13

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1979 Continental, 2022 F150 Lightning, 03 Marauder
At the end of the day these are rumors/leaks and I consider any of these vehicles vaporware until it's actually released. Hell, look at what happened with the CyberTruck

I really do hope they succeed, but under any real scrutiny of their financial situation, promise in their future really starts to fall apart. Their stock price is indicative of that. Despite incredible production ramping, their fixed costs per vehicle are actually increasing. Although it's by 5-10%, that is still catastrophic and unsustainable.

As a startup your entire mission is to survive the cash-burn phase long enough to break through the wall of returns and expand production to begin turning a profit by increasing volume to outpace fixed costs. But in Rivian's case, the more vehicles they make, it's consistently costing them more money; and not just proportionally, like I said their fixed costs are actually increasing. This is disastrous and cannot continue for very much longer if they're to succeed.

I really do hope they succeed, I think their addition to the market provides consumer choice and needed competition, but I'm not holding my breath.

Sponsored

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Owner
I am considering replacing my wife’s 2020 Explorer Platinum with one of these. How long have you had yours and what’s the worst and best thing about this model?

(Sorry for hijacking the thread . ) We will return you to your regularly scheduled programming momentarily. 😊

LOVE IT!!!!!! This was more MY decision, than hers, but she LOVES it even after driving a KIA Sorento PHEV for the last two years, with similar design/three-row seating/heated-cooled seats, Adaptive Cruise w stop n go, etc... she only misses her heated steering wheel, but, after all, we're in the south!

The best thing: three-row large SUV ALL-ELECTRIC!

there is no 'worst' thing...

(I was hoping Ford would come to market with the EV version of the EXPLORER, but, alas, it's not in the cards, at least not yet - but, I'll say that this AMAZING Kia EV9 will be giving ANY other make and model and BIG run for the money!)

BeeKind

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 F150 Lightning, '23 Ioniq 5
Any perception on this thread of Rivian being something other than awesome is completely misguided. I had an R1S for the past year and it's an amazing machine.

To clear up any confusion, the important things to hit and it looks like Rivian will exceed, is "better than the Model Y at everything including price." Without a doubt no one is getting a 0-60 in 3s car with 330 miles of range for $47k. That doesn't mean it's not overwhelmingly compelling as a top spec at $60k.

Sorry GM, this is what your Blazer should have been.

As for the R1x platform, they need work truck spec. Getting inside an R1T doesn't scream, "yeah a landscaper would dig this" which, if you're going to function as a small work truck, that should be the metric.

Luxury is great. Damn thing would make a fine work platform too and it's proving itself every day as a delivery van in such a capacity. We need a R1WT.

Super happy with Ford and the Lightning right now. Not going to keep me from respecting what Rivian is and I hope they succeed.

BeeKind

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

The problem is the price. It winds up costing about the same as an R1S. I own an EGMP car so I know it well. I would not want a Tahoe-sized thing with this power train. Is it competent? Sure, fine. Is it anywhere close to the same league as even the dual motor R1S? No.

You do get an "OEM feel" in the Kia. Less beta tester feeling. Is it worth it? I dunno, not for me. Look at what the R1S offers, it's just a different tier of vehicle all together. You're not going to see too many EV9s offroad, PS.

It will compete with the R1S for certain, I'm not sure it should having had time in both cars.

BeeKind

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Unless the R2 has seating for 7, not interested. Wife could care less how fast it goes, she just wants something reliable and doesn't have to *think* about how it works. Found some dealers that are advertising the base EV9 (short range) at under $50k. Tempting...
Every EV is tempting right now. Test drive both would be my recco.

Ford F-150 Lightning Rivian R2 Price & Specs Leaked: $47500, 0-60 3 Sec, 330 Miles Range 1709671587376

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
Every EV is tempting right now. Test drive both would be my recco.
Need something to replace the Honda Pilot (seating for 8!) We car pool for school, 7 seats or no go. It's a deal breaker. EV9, seating for 7 and under $50k...yes please. I am [in]patiently waiting to see what Ford's 3 row will offer. If Kia throws out any more customer cash Ford will lose my potential business.
Sponsored