• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

One pedal driving

ALAN BORER

First Name
ALAN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F250
Occupation
RETIRED
Does anyone use this way of driving ? About a year ago I took a MachE for a test ride , just to try it , they had it in One peddle driving , I really didn't like it but I guess you could get use to it !
Sponsored

MickeyAO

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red Lightning Lariat ER, Kia EV6 GT-Line AWD
Occupation
Lab Manager of the Energy Storage Technology Center
Does anyone use this way of driving ? About a year ago I took a MachE for a test ride , just to try it , they had it in One peddle driving , I really didn't like it but I guess you could get use to it !
I use this exclusively and love it, but I'm sure there are many other threads on this forum talking about one-pedal driving that you may want to research.

Fastnf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 lightning
I also use it exclusively. I have not turned it off since I purchased in January. On the other hand I had been using it exclusively for 4 years on my previous EV a Hyundai Kona Electric

idahospud

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lighting, Indian Roadmaster
Occupation
Commercial Real Estate
I use it most of the time. Personally, I feel more comfortable turning one pedal off in snowy or icy conditions. Otherwise, I prefer one-pedal.

rdr854

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Volvo V90, 22 Ford F150 Lightning, 23 Outback
I’ve had my truck since the end of July and have used it since day 2. I have no problem switching between it in my Lightning and an ICE car.

Sponsored
OP
OP
ALAN BORER

ALAN BORER

First Name
ALAN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F250
Occupation
RETIRED
I use this exclusively and love it, but I'm sure there are many other threads on this forum talking about one-pedal driving that you may want to research.
THANK YOU
I’ve had my truck since the end of July and have used it since day 2. I have no problem switching between it in my Lightning and an ICE car.
THANK YOU

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
1 pedal...

Use whatever mode you like, efficiency is the same. Some have issues driving an ICE vehicle after long 1 pedal stints.

Barridale

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat EV, 2022 MachE

Sponsored

Barridale

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat EV, 2022 MachE
I have used one pedal since day two of owning a MachE and from day one having the F150 lightning. Looking forward to when no pedal driving is available😀

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
I tried it. I got used to it but I do a lot of highway driving and didn't like the way the truck reacted when I disengaged cruise control so I shut it off.

With blended braking you get the same regeneration efficiency so it's just a matter of what you like. There's no benefit with our without.

mr.Magoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER, AMB
I used it pretty much exclusively since I bought it back in November last year, but have recently switched over/back to two pedal mode.

Both have their advantages, I find it much easier to maximize regen under braking / deceleration with one pedal mode.
I like that the 2-pedal mode have a slight "drift" like a normal automatic so you can inch forward by just letting go of the brake, the 1-pedal mode is a bit klunkier when you also have the brake hold activated.
My driveway and garage is very tight, about 1-2" clearance to the mirrors so it stil requires a bit of fine maneuvering and I feel more in control with 2-pedal.

Another concern is muscle memory and ones reaction(time) in an emergency.

powercatnewt

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lightning, Bronco Badlands, 1968 Mustang
Occupation
MD Director of Technology
I Use it exclusively as well. Basically a way to get free charge and your break pads will last a long time. It takes about 1 hour of driving in town to get familiar with it and 2 days to get really good at it. Most days I don't use my breaks at all

OP
OP
ALAN BORER

ALAN BORER

First Name
ALAN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F250
Occupation
RETIRED
I tried it. I got used to it but I do a lot of highway driving and didn't like the way the truck reacted when I disengaged cruise control so I shut it off.

With blended braking you get the same regeneration efficiency so it's just a matter of what you like. There's no benefit with our without.
THANK YOU
Sponsored