• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

OTA 3.5.2

2000Firehawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER
For those that are having PAAK show up post-update, when did you take delivery or what was your build date? Mine is late May build, June 21 delivery and doesn’t look like PAAK wants to show up for me. I’ve tried the usual - closed app, removed app, removed vehicle from Ford Pass - none of the above worked so far.
Sponsored

Gimme_my_MME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Engineer
For those that are having PAAK show up post-update, when did you take delivery or what was your build date? Mine is late May build, June 21 delivery and doesn’t look like PAAK wants to show up for me. I’ve tried the usual - closed app, removed app, removed vehicle from Ford Pass - none of the above worked so far.
You're on the right track with that thinking as to which ones are working and which still aren't

MickeyAO

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red Lightning Lariat ER, Kia EV6 GT-Line AWD
Occupation
Lab Manager of the Energy Storage Technology Center
Alright, I must be blind...I just went through every screen on the Sync 4A and the FordPass, and I cannot see the version number. Would someone explain how to see the version to me like a was a fifth grader?

tomjackbear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hyundai Sonata, Honda HRV, Ford F150L
For those that are having PAAK show up post-update, when did you take delivery or what was your build date?
My build date was 8/9 and it was delivered 8/30

I cannot see the version number
As far as I understand the Power-Up version number is not displayed anywhere. The only way you know which version you have is by seeing the alert that an update has been applied.

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
You can see the PU version by going to the Software Update Screen. It may not show every time, but the bottom half of the screen tells me the latest update and shows the 3.5.2 version number.

Sponsored

MickeyAO

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
You can see the PU version by going to the Software Update Screen. It may not show every time, but the bottom half of the screen tells me the latest update and shows the 3.5.2 version number.
Can you post a screenshot?

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Alright, I must be blind...I just went through every screen on the Sync 4A and the FordPass, and I cannot see the version number. Would someone explain how to see the version to me like a was a fifth grader?
Ford F-150 Lightning OTA 3.5.2 1662599268869

Reactions: GDN

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Here is my screen shot. It is just in the text of the update. That is why I'm not sure we'll see it every time if Ford doesn't put it in the text. It isn't like a specific field, like there is for the Sync versions on another screen.

Ford F-150 Lightning OTA 3.5.2 IMG_2179

MickeyAO

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
I don't have that...mine says System Update and says I'm up to date. On another note, this truck with AA and iHeart radio seems to have drained my phone battery. I guess I will need to update my charge strategy(none before today).

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
I don't have that...mine says System Update and says I'm up to date. On another note, this truck with AA and iHeart radio seems to have drained my phone battery. I guess I will need to update my charge strategy(none before today).
I can tell you that your phone charging strategy will not be using the built in pad, it has been useless for iPhones I know. Just grab a USB cable for your phone and plug it in.

Sponsored

MickeyAO

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
I can tell you that your phone charging strategy will not be using the built in pad, it has been useless for iPhones I know. Just grab a USB cable for your phone and plug it in.
I'm Android, but it still doesn't seem to be effective.

FinsNBolts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat
Mine updated mid-drive today. I want to give a shout-out to ford for this one. While it appears to be a mere foundation update and one substantive sentence was all that was necessary to say “hey idiots, we updated this to accept future updates better”, you can tell Ford has heard us loud and clear about explaining the updates rather than the prior cryptic ”bug fix! We swear!” Messages in the past.

This tells me they are monitoring our feedback carefully and injecting some personality into the updates. We will get more in depth explanations for each update moving forward.

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Mine updated mid-drive today. I want to give a shout-out to ford for this one. While it appears to be a mere foundation update and one substantive sentence was all that was necessary to say “hey idiots, we updated this to accept future updates better”, you can tell Ford has heard us loud and clear about explaining the updates rather than the prior cryptic ”bug fix! We swear!” Messages in the past.

This tells me they are monitoring our feedback carefully and injecting some personality into the updates. We will get more in depth explanations for each update moving forward.
I think you are being generous with your praise. Ford has touted and shared how good they will do OTA updates. However, we've seen the ICE debacle play out for over a year, we've seen the MachE owners wait months and months for promises, now the same for us, however we have some pretty good information knowing that 3.2 already has issues for some us. Failure !!

Now the very next update (after some of us are already behind a few) they throw up all over themselves about how they are improving the download experience for the future, well you are too late. The only way to fix this is to fix it. Drop some good releases across the fleet and show us what you can do repeatedly, get me the updates I am likely missing and show that you can get PAAK working for all, not just more recent built trucks. Did it take a hardware change the early builds may never get?

2000Firehawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER
I'm Android, but it still doesn't seem to be effective.
As others have said - don’t bother with the wireless pad unfortunately. It only heats up your phone and won’t put enough in to offset use from AA or CarPlay. Lots of talk of the same on the other forums to ensure it is not just a Lightning issue.

FinsNBolts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat
I think you are being generous with your praise. Ford has touted and shared how good they will do OTA updates. However, we've seen the ICE debacle play out for over a year, we've seen the MachE owners wait months and months for promises, now the same for us, however we have some pretty good information knowing that 3.2 already has issues for some us. Failure !!

Now the very next update (after some of us are already behind a few) they throw up all over themselves about how they are improving the download experience for the future, well you are too late. The only way to fix this is to fix it. Drop some good releases across the fleet and show us what you can do repeatedly, get me the updates I am likely missing and show that you can get PAAK working for all, not just more recent built trucks. Did it take a hardware change the early builds may never get?
I think it’s funny. In my office, I’m known as a dark cloud or wet blanket. Here, I’m overly cheerful celebrating the small victories, I suppose.

Look, I’m with you. Im optimistic, but celebrate the little victories. Ford has a ton of improving to do with software AND transparency. If they improve one of those things, they deserve positive reinforcement. They are infants in the software space and they need to understand what customers want and how fast they need to move to get there. Am I caught wondering why they haven’t been nimble enough to add something simple like pet mode while Rivian software updates seemingly add impressive stuff weekly? Of course.

Maybe I had overly achievable expectations to begin with, but for a legacy car maker, I’m watching for baby steps on the software side, and calling it out when I see progress.

in the prior 4 updates, people whined they only got one sentencethat didn’t provide clarityabout what was being done. Now they fix that and people are upset the update didn’t sprout wings and add a jet pack.
Sponsored

Reactions: GDN