• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Polite and Easy ways to charge at Tesla Superchargers

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 LIGHTNING PRO IcedBlueSilver 8/23/2022
Occupation
Owner
we don't have to 'care'.... Tesla owners or drivers don't 'own' Superchargers, nor do they own 'other chargers', like EA or Chargepoint, like we 'normally' have to use... an EV is an EV.
Sponsored

Formerly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Lightning 2022
Occupation
Construction Estimation
Yes and as you can tell in this photo, I made absolutely no attempt to park well .. I think if I had gotten closer to the curb, I could have easily pulled up a little further.

Some notes:
- The first two attempts ended in charge faults because I believe I pushed the button on the charging cable down as I put the connector in .
- This was installed in a relatively depressed area where I was very surprised there was even a Tesla supercharger. If I had to speculate, this may be a very low use supercharger.
-I drove over there with a pretty high SOC, but the charge rate was around 50kwh where I would typically see 80kwh at 80-89% with an Electrify America. Will have to try it again with a lower SOC.
- I charge at home, but I would not use this particular charger if I didn't have a home charger because it's .51 kwh while the EA station is .48kwh (2 miles away as the crow flies )and the EA Evolve (EA stations installed by the state of New York) is only .35kwh (all non member prices)..
I have found magic dock locations to be hit or miss. The one in red hook NY is terrible for me... Brewster was ok. I'm at like a 30% success rate...

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
If you're at a Tesla SuperCharger, and a Tesla Fanboy is giving you crap, just say these words (they'll understand):

Ford F-150 Lightning Polite and Easy ways to charge at Tesla Superchargers _c4a12a20-cb81-11e7-8cd0-7e09bc26593d

Howard_Scott_Warshaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER, rapid red
we don't have to 'care'.... Tesla owners or drivers don't 'own' Superchargers, nor do they own 'other chargers', like EA or Chargepoint, like we 'normally' have to use... an EV is an EV.
Part of buying a Tesla is getting access to your own private charging network. I can understand the anger/frustration that other people now get to use the private asset you previously "paid" for. Imagine joining a private golf club with exclusive access, then next year they open it to the public and hackers are now taking divots out of greens, hitting into you on a par 5, hunting for their lost ball for 30 minutes, and parking in your "members only" parking spot.

It certainly advances the industry as a whole, but I can understand the frustrations.

queuewho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat SR
Be polite when you can. If you can't, oh well.

I know once we have adapters, I will be checking how full locations are before I decide to use one.

Sponsored

Bwanapete

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning, 2017 Tesla MS90d, 1941 Lincoln V12
As a Lightning owner since ‘22 and also a Tesla owner since ‘17, I feel that I did help pay for Superchargers when I paid big bucks in ‘17.

duncanmaio

First Name
Duncan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat Atlas Blue
As a Lightning owner since ‘22 and also a Tesla owner since ‘17, I feel that I did help pay for Superchargers when I paid big bucks in ‘17.
Well, maybe you did, but regulatory credits (paid for by other ICE vehicle manufacturers, like Ford) had a lot to do with it, too.

Peddyr

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lightning Lariat SR
Imagine joining a private golf club with exclusive access, then next year they open it to the public and hackers are now taking divots out of greens, hitting into you on a par 5, hunting for their lost ball for 30 minutes, and parking in your "members only" parking spot.
You just summarized the plot for Caddyshack 2. I didn't care for it, much like I don't care for the feelings of Tesla owners who now have to share their chargers with us filthy Ford people :)

rws265

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning, 23 MachE
I'm looking forward to A2Z's NACS extension cord. I'd prefer to back in if possible, or at least use the correct stall.

RGC

First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Lightning Model Y
I'm looking forward to A2Z's NACS extension cord. I'd prefer to back in if possible, or at least use the correct stall.
Just back from a a 2000+ mile trip with my model y and fully electric camper. Would have taken my lightning if I had access to the Tesla chargers before I left. I saw a lot of different charger layouts and this is the one I liked best. I prefer to pull in forward wether I
have Tesla or Lightning if I have trailer on. I may at some point need an extension for Tesla or Lightning.
Ford F-150 Lightning Polite and Easy ways to charge at Tesla Superchargers IMG_3658
Ford F-150 Lightning Polite and Easy ways to charge at Tesla Superchargers IMG_3658
Sponsored